Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home wanted for beautiful staffy

Options
  • 26-01-2011 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

We are looking for a good home for our lovely 3 year old staffy. Our family circumstances have changed and we will not be home as much to give her all the love and walks she needs. Shes a very loyal and friendly dog and gets on great with kids. This is a very difficult decision for us but its best for the dog and very important to us that she goes to a loving and caring home. She is neutered, wormed and has all her injections. We are not selling her we just want to give her to a good home. Please message me if you have any queries.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 polobear11

i would love to take her but i have 2 staffys already.
    i hope you find a good home for her she is such a sweaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

Wow she really is beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rose_petal

yeah she is a fab dog, its breaking my heart to give her away, have her since shes 4 wks old but I'm really just doing it for her own sake :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

aww shes gorgeous, I hope you manage to find a new home for her:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Is there any way you can keep her? Get a dog walker in during the day or someone to call into her?

There's so many unwanted staffies in this country just crying out for good homes so you are going to find it difficult to get a home for her. Please make sure that you know exactly where she is going and to who. I'd also have her chipped to you if she isn't already before she goes anywhere just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

what kind of hours do you do?

what about a walk in the morning, a dog walker half way through the day and a long walk in the evenings

I walk my dogs int he morning before work and it seems to make them really happy. I am going to get a dog walker too, I could never give them away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

It's always sad to read people having to give up their family pets. I hope you can someway hold onto the dog but if not find it a loving new home.

Is it for financial reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

I always think giving up your dog would have to the absolute last resort having exhausted all other options. I for one could never imagine the circumstances which would possibly drive me to do such a thing. There are always alternatives.

Have you considered other options that may allow you to keep your beloved pet...
    - Have you considered getting her a companion? Another dog to keep her company while you're away?
    - Getting a dog walker to come in at lunchtime to break up the day?
    - Bring her to doggy daycare everyday or even every 2 or 3 days?

Most dogs adapt just fine to having humans who work full-time as long as provisions are made to compensate for it. We both work and have 2 dogs and they're fine. I absolutely couldn't imagine the horror of giving them away. I just couldn't do it. I get upset just thinking about it!

The extra effort you have to go to to look after dogs, and give them a decent quality of life, when you're working full time is not ideal. But it's better than giving them away to some stranger and not knowing how they'll be looked after or what will happen to them.

Plus with the depressingly high number of abandoned / surrendered dogs looking for homes in this country you'll (a) find it very hard to find someone decent to take them and (b) be adding to the problem when there are other solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

rose_petal wrote: »
    yeah she is a fab dog, its breaking my heart to give her away, have her since shes 4 wks old but I'm really just doing it for her own sake :-(

How come you got her at 4 weeks old? That's incredibly young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rose_petal

Sionnaic I am just loving your assumptions and yes it is the last resort, do u think I want to do this, I adore this dog and I'm doing it for her. Due to serious illness we will be gone for weeks at a time. I cant afford "doggy daycare" or whatever you're suggesting, it is a recession!! I look at her and cry every day at the thought of her going and I'm just pee'd off at your post. I am an absolute animal lover not someone who jsut gets them and gives them away because it doesnt suit them. I am also extremely cautious as to where she goes, she will go somewhere I am 100% happy with. So there you have it in your own words "the circumstances which would possibly drive me to do such a thing" are due to serious illness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I think the fact that you stated in your OP that you're not looking for money and just a good home suggests that you are genuine and not looking for a fast buck like some of the people that would give up a beautiful dog like that for money. I think some posters have jumped to the wrong conclusion because of the circumstances of a lot of dogs in pounds and rescues.

I also don't think you should have to post personal circumstances like that for the world to see to prove your point. You suggested that interested people pm you in which case genuinely interested people could ask the reason for you having to rehome your dog.

To be honest I think it's admirable that you are able to admit you need to rehome your dog rather than keep her and not be able to provide her with the care that she is so obviously used to (judging by that picture) up to now.

I hope you find someone to take her on who will love her as much as you obviously do.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

rose_petal, I am very sorry that illness has come to your family and that it's forcing you to give away your beautiful lady. Good wishes for a quick recovery, and a good home for her.

Advertisement