Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Samsung Galaxy S or HTC Desire with any tariff on E-Mobile/Meteor - Bray

Options
  • 24-01-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Went into the e-mobile store in Bray main street to buy either a Galaxy S or Desire today...was ready to pay for the phone but the guy told me of a special offer they have running until the end of the month which was a welcome bonus :D
    Free Samsung Galaxy S or HTC Desire (not HD) with any e-mobile bill pay subscription....
    For instance I signed up for their 100 minutes/100 texts/Free landline calls for 14 euro a month for 18months (its 19 euro for 12 months)
    And I got the Galaxy-S for free which i was expecting to pay 149 euro for :)
    I did a lot of research/reviews before buying and I absolutely love it...top of the range amazing piece of kit.

Great offer..... considering the contract is only going to cost me 252 euros....

The guy in the store said it is only available in a few of the franchise shops around the country. He said he has plenty of the phones in stock. I was dealing with a nice chap called Sean if anyone is interested in this offer, store phone number is 01-2764742 if you want to check the stock before risking your life in bray ;)

Also as they are a meteor retailer as well they are doing the Galaxy-S/Desire and the Nokia N8 free with any meteor tariff too.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I take it you mean the HTC Wildfire, not Desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Some other fella posted this offer in the same kinda store in Longford. He mentioned a HTC Desire also. And since they are offering the Galaxy i don't see why not the Desire since they are both on the same kinda level. Whereas a Wildfire is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

My bad totally miss read that that. Galaxy Europa I was thinking. Jesus, thats a steal so! I'm tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

It's the desire, not desire hd, not the wildfire, and yes the galaxy S! "Swyping" on my galaxy right now, bloody love it, awesome phone, bargain.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I suppose this is not avaliable to existing meteor customers?
    My 12 month contract is up soon and i wouldnt mind changing from my htc hero to desire.
    Then again meteors coverage is poor where i am so i might change from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Whats emobiles coverage like? Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Glad this offer popped up in the Dublin area, need to get a new phone for work and was looking at the desire/galaxy S..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

emobile store in Waterford say they know nothing about it. He did make the point that Bray would be a reseller, not a directly owned store. Says also that some resellers are branding emobile/meteor which fits with the Longford story. He's enquiring about whether it will be available to his store (directly owned).

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

Good deal put im kinda put off with having to sign up to meteor or emmobiles
    network for 12 months min. Are either any good?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not sure about emoblie but im far from happy with Meteor.
    Im in Monasterevin, in my house/garden coverage is fine, the few times my wife took my phone to work it has no coverage at all, she works less than 500 meters away.
    When i head out the road to rathangan or portarlington i get no coverage at all, both towns are 6 or so miles away,Portaloise coverage drops to 1 single bar.
    Going the other dierction to Kildare town,Newbridge etc coverage is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

My meteor contract is up since last month - if I cancelled it and went on ready to go for a while and re-signed up do you think Id qualify as a new customer?

The emobile contract with data included is €44pm for an 18mth contract which is a good bit more than Im paying at the min so wouldnt really suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Why couldn't this happen in Cork :(
    Mobile mysteriously went bust the other day after a night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

I got a deal with Metoer €189 for HTC Desire signed up to €30 per month for 200 minutes and 200 texts and 2GB for 18 months the deal stalled when they looked for a €300 deposit, so went online to emobile and for €23 per month I got 100 minutes and 100 text and 1 GB and the Desire cost €89, so I am happy with that. I'm no expert but would you not require at least 1 GB per month if you were getting a smart phone/android?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

babo9 wrote: »

There is a store in Mallow as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

1gb is a lot if you aren't downloading stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

ams wrote: »
    My meteor contract is up since last month - if I cancelled it and went on ready to go for a while and re-signed up do you think Id qualify as a new customer?

Even better would be to cancel, port your number over to PAYG from another provider, and then come back to Meteor as a new customer looking to port. They love people porting over!

I did it for the wife last night.
    Meteor have an offer at the minute that if you port over from another network onto PAYG, everytime you top-up by €20, you'll get €20 free. I asked if they'd do it for existing cutomers, and they wouldn't.
    So I got an o2 and a Meteor PAYG simcard yesterday, ported over to o2 at 17:30 yesterday evening, that went through by 18:30, rang Meteor at 19:00 asking to port over to them from o2, they put through the request, and it was done by the time I woke up this morning!:D
    So €240 earned in two phonecalls!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

babo9 wrote: »

One on Patrick St. I don't know if they have this offer though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Soarer wrote: »
    Even better would be to cancel, port your number over to PAYG from another provider, and then come back to Meteor as a new customer looking to port. They love people porting over!

I did it for the wife last night.
    Meteor have an offer at the minute that if you port over from another network onto PAYG, everytime you top-up by €20, you'll get €20 free. I asked if they'd do it for existing cutomers, and they wouldn't.
    So I got an o2 and a Meteor PAYG simcard yesterday, ported over to o2 at 17:30 yesterday evening, that went through by 18:30, rang Meteor at 19:00 asking to port over to them from o2, they put through the request, and it was done by the time I woke up this morning!:D
    So €240 earned in two phonecalls!;)

sounds like a plan :D did they not ask any questions?

ill wait until my credit runs out before doing this, i assume you got to keep the same number without any hassle?

shblob wrote: »

Thing is though a lot of people (With Android phones,etc) download apps and when you have update for apps it uses bandwith, i updated 3 apps just now and it used 38.86 MB and i only get 50MB a day on PAYG.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

antodeco wrote: »
    There is a store in Mallow as far as I know!
    JustinOval wrote: »
    One on Patrick St. I don't know if they have this offer though..

From the sounds of the thread yesterday it's only certain shops, don't know if it's in any of the Cork ones though, I'll check tomorrow but already bid on a galaxy on ebay so gota wait and see if I'm outbid :pac:

But if anyone knows about the shops in Cork?

• Advertisement

jonnny68 wrote: »
    sounds like a plan :D did they not ask any questions?

ill wait until my credit runs out before doing this, i assume you got to keep the same number without any hassle?

No questions asked.
    I said it to one of the lads in the Meteor shop if they could just put the wife on it, and they said it's an automated thing once the number is ported over. So I said "so I have to go away and get another simcard, port over, then port back to yourselves, and she'll get the credit?", and he replied "I can't advise you what to do, but if you join Meteor from another network, you'll get the free credit". So I asked him for a PAYG sim, he started laughing, and I went away!
    If someone on the phone did ask something, just tell them that it's the only way you could get free credit as they treat new customers better than existing customers!;)

You have to keep your number. That's the whole porting thing. Otherwise you're just joining, and there's no special offer. So bring your number to o2/voda/whoever, and then bring it back.

The guy on the phone did mention that it's only up until the 29th of this month or something, so I wouldn't wait around too long.

Oh yeah, you still get free Meteor talk & texts, but you have to sign up again ('cause you're a new customer!:D). Yer man did it on the phone for me, so I didn't have to send the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

There was me thinking I was getting a great deal ordering a Galaxy S on Meteor online for initial price of €89 and €35 a month for 18 months on Bill Pay Connect 45 !!

Switching from O2 BTW.

When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Thing is though a lot of people (With Android phones,etc) download apps and when you have update for apps it uses bandwith, i updated 3 apps just now and it used 38.86 MB and i only get 50MB a day on PAYG.:confused:
    Might be an idea to update your apps when connected to wifi rather than on your data connection.

invest4deepvalue.com

No questions asked.
    I said it to one of the lads in the Meteor shop if they could just put the wife on it, and they said it's an automated thing once the number is ported over. So I said "so I have to go away and get another simcard, port over, then port back to yourselves, and she'll get the credit?", and he replied "I can't advise you what to do, but if you join Meteor from another network, you'll get the free credit". So I asked him for a PAYG sim, he started laughing, and I went away!
    If someone on the phone did ask something, just tell them that it's the only way you could get free credit as they treat new customers better than existing customers!;)

You have to keep your number. That's the whole porting thing. Otherwise you're just joining, and there's no special offer. So bring your number to o2/voda/whoever, and then bring it back.

The guy on the phone did mention that it's only up until the 29th of this month or something, so I wouldn't wait around too long.

Oh yeah, you still get free Meteor talk & texts, but you have to sign up again ('cause you're a new customer!:D). Yer man did it on the phone for me, so I didn't have to send the text.

haha deadly :D
    I've just ordered a Meteor PAYG SIM online and a eMobile SIM as well just my luck i only topped up credit yesterday ive about €13 so ill have to use this ASAP and get cracking on this cheers for the heads up.:)

Do-more wrote: »
    Might be an idea to update your apps when connected to wifi rather than on your data connection.

why didn't i think of that :o cheers for the heads up;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Thc4me do you know if its unlocked, does an o2 or vodafone sim work in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

shblob wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be better than nothing on Bill Pay? I would be afraid of an enormous Bill on 100 minutes and text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Has anyone more info on which stores in dublin are doing the meteor offer? Would love to get a galaxy s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

When did you order?

Sunday ..... could still back out as nothing has been signed but probably not doing this deal in any store near me , it does seem to be limited stores.

Advertisement