Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tues 25/1 20:15 Wes2 -vs- Dublin Devils

Options
  • 24-01-2011 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - in
    Gav - in
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - in
    Dave B - in
    Ronan D - in
    Gary - work
    Eamonn - inj
    Kenny - in
    Cathal - in
    Eoin - in
    Collie - inj
    Anto - in

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I'm In

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A chance to stretch our lead tonight. The monks have a week off this week so a win will put us 9 points ahead and level on games with the monks and SS.

Tonight will be tough and SS are also playing and can make up some ground if we slip up. Time to dig deep, 3 points is a must here, we cant afford to slip up and let either SS or the monks gain ground on us.

Edit: sorry thought we were playing SS tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Martin and his brother will also be joining us this evening.

6-1, after being one down and 1-1 at half time.

Special mention to Cathal for getting his first ever goal for us.:)

Awesome second half performance and we could have had a few more. Scrappy first half in patches and we let them get it for a goal but we rallied and came back and then broke away.

Again great communication and talk and encouragement after a poor enough first half from myself, we were much more attacking minded in the second half and really put them to the sword. Onward and upwards. Still 5 games to go and thats 15 points still to play for.

Des, you updated the scoring chart wrong, you gave Ciaran the hat trick.

oops

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Great stuff tonight lads. We were very assured in how we got our heads back into the game after going behind due to a sloppy start, but we trusted ourselves cos we've been in those situations before and know to keep the faith in trying the right things and it'll turn soon enough. And it did.

As Keith said, it was really noticeable how much calls the man on the ball was getting and the amount of organisation and communication across the park was top notch and something to keep a focus on.

Good luck next week lads, I'll be in the US on work....let's keep the momentum going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Great result lads, well done.

Push on for the next game now and lets keep the run going.

We're in a good position, but we should be under no illusions the game against SS next week will be immense, they'll know a loss pretty much rules them out a win for them and the league is blown wide open.
    More of the same, patient build up and taking our chances when they come. We are more than capable of putting them to the sword so lets just focus on next tuesday.

Advertisement