Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

carsonline.ie garage? (Old thread)

Options
  • 21-01-2011 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

anyone have experience with these guys? any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭MarkoC

no good

way too pricey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Bought a car from them last year. They gave me a good trade in price on my old car. Just be sure to check the car out thoroughly as they can be a bit of a pain to deal with if you have any problems afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Going to bump this thread as theres a few cars i want to look at there

My first question, where exactly are they located? Ive been to the location on the website but couldnt find it. I was in the exact location ongoogle maps but couldnt see it.

Where are they, relevant to Merlin for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭illegalpower

I think it's run by the same people who ran phenoix motors ( main skoda dealers that closed last year). I had a contract hire skoda from phenoix 5years ago and have to say they were the best i have dealt with so far. Really made a good impression on me with their service but i was a business customer from a company that had 4 contract hires off them so maybe thats why it was good. I have no expiernce with carsonline.ie so i couldn't say if this service has been carried over. They are in the jfk business est. Just passed the obriens sandwich shop on your left

Just to be clear on location

Head down the nangor road from the woodies diy
    Turn right at first lights
    100meters turn right at abp buildedrs providers
    See obriens on your left and continue 50 meter
    arriving at destination on left!!

I work around the corner in western so i pass it daily

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sparx001

I think it's run by the same people who ran phenoix motors ( main skoda dealers that closed last year). I had a contract hire skoda from phenoix 5years ago and have to say they were the best i have dealt with so far. Really made a good impression on me with their service but i was a business customer from a company that had 4 contract hires off them so maybe thats why it was good. I have no expiernce with carsonline.ie so i couldn't say if this service has been carried over. They are in the jfk business est. Just passed the obriens sandwich shop on your left

It's not, They rent the premises off the owners off pheonix motors, they used to be redline car sales from walkinstown. Hope this helps.

Many thanks illegalpower! Planning a trip tommorrow afternoon.

Hopefully the roads wont be too restricted around that area!

sparx001 wrote: »
    It's not, They rent the premises off the owners off pheonix motors, they used to be redline car sales from walkinstown. Hope this helps.
    There was just one reason i thought it was phenoix. When it first opened as carsonline beside the old skoda garage there was a phenoix motors sign in the skoda yard saying " we have moved" and an arrow pointing to carsonline.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

It's the Skoda (Phenoix Motors) garage link to Google maps here

(The windows in the backround of a few cars are the same as the ones in the above link;))

GeneHunt wrote: »
    It's the Skoda (Phenoix Motors) garage link to Google maps here

(The windows in the backround of a few cars are the same as the ones in the above link;))
    So does that mean that phoenix motors closed?

edit: NVM found answer here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Max Power1 wrote: »

Sorry I don't know the answer to that question! I see the website www.phoenixmotors.ie has a notice of "Site coming soon."

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gooner12

fred252 wrote: »
    anyone have experience with these guys? any good?
    dont no if this is to late i recently bought a car from this garage i think i got a good deal and on my experience they were straight to deal with had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Yes they moved and renamed as pilsen.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mikeystipey

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Just be sure to check the car out thoroughly as they can be a bit of a pain to deal with if you have any problems afterwards.

+10 to this, my wife bought a Micra off carsonline.ie in February, and the glovebox door was broken (which he pointed out himself), so the guy said he'd have a new one in in a few days. After several phone calls and calling there in person twice he never fixed it. The range of different excuses out of him was comical :rolleyes: I know its only a glovebox but god help you if you buy a car from them and have trouble with something like a gearbox.

Apologies for dragging up an old thread by the way, but just to let people beware

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

+10 to this, my wife bought a Micra off carsonline.ie in February, and the glovebox door was broken (which he pointed out himself), so the guy said he'd have a new one in in a few days. After several phone calls and calling there in person twice he never fixed it. The range of different excuses out of him was comical :rolleyes: I know its only a glovebox but god help you if you buy a car from them and have trouble with something like a gearbox.

Apologies for dragging up an old thread by the way, but just to let people beware

Was looking at a car today on their site. And from what you said above that's enough for me not to buy it.
    Cheers bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

any recent dealings with this garage guys?i was looking at a Passat with low milage and don't know if its genuine.i would appreciate some feedback as don't want to waste a trip to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 judi

Bought a car of these guys recently. Everything seemed great with the car at the time. Now I'm noticing a few little things. Have contacted them but will wait and see what comes of it. I'll keep you posted. I'd like to think their genuine but who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Ethics11

judi wrote: »
    Bought a car of these guys recently. Everything seemed great with the car at the time. Now I'm noticing a few little things. Have contacted them but will wait and see what comes of it. I'll keep you posted. I'd like to think their genuine but who knows!

Hi Judi

Just wondering if how you got on or if you have any feedback? I saw a car there that I like and would like to know what they're like. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I'm also looking at a car on sale from these guys. Would appreciate details of any recent experiences people had with them.

. I

• Advertisement

Hi just in response we asked if you were willing to pay for a replacement glove box as the car was ten year old , you said yes then we ordered it and you wanted it fitted for free !

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Old thread is now locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement