Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturn 17th Jan '11....woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep :(

Options
  • 17-01-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Sad, bad night's sleep...and woke up early.

So, clear skies, put the scope outside, ate a little brekie, had a look around and took a few captures:

Getting better, but not there yet!
    ('Scope could have done with some more cooling and a bit better focusing)

Saturn%2017th%20Jan%202011%207.jpg

Was also out the evening before showing the brother-in-law teh moon and Jupiter.

Got a half decent capture of Jupiter with the GRS. Will process and post later....

Clear skies!
    Peter

Celestron G8N (8" Reflector)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Thrilled to see the rings open again! Jaysus, my scope has been literally mothballed for 2 years now. I need to finish the bloody thing and get back out there1 Saturns back in all its ringed glory. Woohoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Super :)

What scope (edit - I see what scope) and camera did you use. How long was the exposure?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Hi Kersh,

'Scope (as above) - Ancient Celestron G8N (slightly modded) in need of a good optics clean....some day :)

2x Celestron Barlow.

On a CG5 mount with RA tracking.

Camera - Philips SPC900NC (Web camera)
    Used some free capture and control software and I think the images are from a 400 frame/ 1 and a bit minutes of capture time.

Post processing in Registax and GIMP.

I really need to go to bed! And it's clear outside again :(

Clear skies,

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Super,

Ye I see the clears skies, I left all my eyepieces in my Mams :(

So Im really missing out.

Advertisement