Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CITV Gone

Options
  • 13-01-2011 7:56pm

Has CITV been removed from epg number 621? My daughter was a bit upset so I tuned it into the other channels section but as it is after their broadcasting time I don't know if it works.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Is this Sky or Freesat? Its 602 on Freesat and working fine, but no idea of the channel number on Sky..

Sky channel 621,maybe it has been removed from the Irish epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

Yup it's been removed, should be on-air via other channels in the morning so you should be ok. Aren't they (Sky/ITV) really sneaky just pulling it like that, it's been been on the Irish EPG for ages, albeit against the grain for ITV as none of their other channels are on the Irish EPG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 excuse me

BuzzG wrote: »
    Yup it's been removed, should be on-air via other channels in the morning so you should be ok. Aren't they (Sky/ITV) really sneaky just pulling it like that, it's been been on the Irish EPG for ages, albeit against the grain for ITV as none of their other channels are on the Irish EPG.

when you say "other channels" where will i get it? my 4 yr old loves it!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

CITV can be tuned into other channels as follows:

On the Sky remote select Interactive > System Set-up > Add Channels

Fill out the details onscreen from the following

CITV
    Frequency - 10.758
    Polarization - V
    Symbol Rate - 22000
    FEC - 5/6

Then Search and and you should see CITV in the list.
    Save it and then it should be in Other Channels (Interactive > Other Channels)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I've always thought the presence of CITV on our EPG was a mistake by ITV or Sky.

It's removal now just re-enforces the belief that ITV have no interest in having any of their channels available via Sky in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

i still have it on 621

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Do you have an active Sky Ireland sub?

Either that, or it came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

JDxtra wrote: »
    I've always thought the presence of CITV on our EPG was a mistake by ITV or Sky.

It's removal now just re-enforces the belief that ITV have no interest in having any of their channels available via Sky in Ireland.

Sky has to pay UK channels to have them on Irish EPG if it's a Broadcast intended for UK.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Do you have an active Sky Ireland sub?

Either that, or it came back.

yes i have HD BOX

• Advertisement

So why is it still on a HD box and not on a SD one?

Sky update software in blocks of models

SO im likely to lose it watty?
    not that it actually matters kids hardly watch it

It will still work on Other Channels. Hardly likely need to record it?

god no !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

anyone email sky and ask them was it itv that requested it be removed or was it a payment issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rogue.goofball

I did call sky on it yesterday, as I have multiroom and it was on one and not the other. kids complained as it was not on the sky+ box in the playroom, but I still had it on the HD box.
    After a bit of fluffing about, the guy on the phone found a sky/itv news update floating around the call centre.
    There was a reshuffle of all ITV channel numbers (except CITV), but basically the channel was being taken off the irish epg until further notice.
    I guess during the reshuffle, they realized it should never have been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

until further notice..... meaning never again.. usual trick with sky and itv...the only reason i can think of is that they must have been pulled up by one of the rights holders for extra fees for one of their programmes for irish rights and realised that it was actually on the irish epg by mistake!either that or they asked sky for money and sky said no.

ITV has to pay extra money to be on Irish EPG. If Sky wants them on Irish EPG, then Sky has to pay ITV. Unlikely to be mainly a rights issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 teedeepee

watty wrote: »
    ITV has to pay extra money to be on Irish EPG. If Sky wants them on Irish EPG, then Sky has to pay ITV. Unlikely to be mainly a rights issue.
    So it's the presence of it on the EPG that determines whether or not Sky have to pay the rights owner? Makes no sense. When will Sky and ITV realise that they're losing business because of the absence of all the ITV channels from the EPG? Am I right in saying that they're available on UPC? Bottom line in our house is that we don't even look at what's on ITV because it's not on the EPG.

• Advertisement

UPC pays ITV, BBC, C4, etc...

Sky pays BBC for slots on Irish EPG.
    BBC pays Sky for slots on UK EPG.

Advertisement