Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train from CDG to Eurodisney

Options
  • 10-01-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Going to Disneyland Paris and planning on getting the fast train from CDG Airport. Has anyone got this before, I am wondering if I should pre-book this and if so how much time should I give it to get from the terminal to the station. Will be arriving in Paris at 09:40 according to Aer Lingus.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

http://parisbytrain.com/tgv-train-cdg-to-eurodisney/

I doubt it'd be necess to book the train, but why not if that's what you've planned.
    The RER would be another option, but at 15Euro the TGV is well worth it, even just to travel at 200mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

OP, As you are flying with Aer Lingus, Aer Lingus arrive into T1 and there is 3 terminal in Paris CDG. You need to go to T2 to get into the TGV station. You can get a free airport bus outside the terminal to get you to T2. Going on TGV to Disneyland is well worth as it only 10 to 15 min journey in 200mph. If you want to go there cheaper then you have to go on slower journey via Paris in RER but change train in Paris

All the info here if you want cheaper journey. http://en.allexperts.com/q/Disneyland-Paris-235/2008/1/transport-cdg-disney.htm

as well I would suggest to look the link above given by IMME. It also tell you how to get from T1 to T2.

hope this help;)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Thanks for the replies, lots of valuable info there, 200+mph here we go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

leuler wrote: »

Hey, I was there recently and would say the TGV is the only way to go. You don't quite get upto 200mph, but if you look at the map, the TGV is pretty much a straight line link up between CDG and Marnee la Valee (Disney) and it only takes 9 minutes. The RER needs to go into Paris City Centre and back out again.

I think the two of us were about 20 euro each for the TGV. You get the unmanned shuttle tram from the Aer lingus terminal all the way to the train station terminal, its well sign posted if you have some basic french. Plus, you can buy your tickets from any of the ticket machines or from the SNCF information booth.

Enjoy your trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

Heading over in March and was wondering if it's better / cheaper to buy tickets for the TGV online or to buy them when we get there?
    We have almost 2 hours between the landing time and the next TGV departure so I presume time isn't an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Calluna

Same here. Travelling in March (taking advantage of Paddy's Day holiday). I looked up those links (which are v. helpful thanks :)) but when you click through to actually book using the TGV site, you can't seem to select children (which I assume are cheaper) and you have to select a specific time for train. Would it be best to wing it and book on the day, even though I'd probably prefer to have ticket in hand leaving Shannon! or is it cheaper to book in advance? They also warn about delivery fee but that link is broken, so I'm assuming now that ticket confirmation would be emailed and you just collect them at station. I'm a pure novice to this - wouldn't mind so much if we didn't have kids in tow, but don't want to be frazzled on day one of holiday if possible. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

We had planned to get TGV, but after a lot of messing/hand signals we ended up on the RER. It was jammed, a gang of gypsies got on and were playing drums/wailing, some random woman stood up and started reciting French poetry. It was a bit scary. The train stopped, everyone got off, so we did too (kids and lots of bags). No other train arrived, no staff around, we had no French anyway. So we left the station to "just get a bloody taxi". We were in some dodgy area of the city, waited in ICY wind for an hour for a taxi, which cost us a fortune but was WORTH EVERY PENNY!

If you are in any way crap at traveling like me, book a coach from the airport. We did it returning home. The coach left from outside the hotel and dropped us at the terminal. Much easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

leuler wrote: »
    it defo doesnt get up to that speed on that section, maybe 100 if i remember it correctly.
    1 problem is they are kindof infrequent. i was waiting >1hr to get the next train when i went :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

We had planned to get TGV, but after a lot of messing/hand signals we ended up on the RER. It was jammed, a gang of gypsies got on and were playing drums/wailing, some random woman stood up and started reciting French poetry. It was a bit scary. The train stopped, everyone got off, so we did too (kids and lots of bags). No other train arrived, no staff around, we had no French anyway. So we left the station to "just get a bloody taxi". We were in some dodgy area of the city, waited in ICY wind for an hour for a taxi, which cost us a fortune but was WORTH EVERY PENNY!

If you are in any way crap at traveling like me, book a coach from the airport. We did it returning home. The coach left from outside the hotel and dropped us at the terminal. Much easier!

Paris can be very dodgy by train (RER, Subway etc) with young kids. I was there during the summer and even felt unsafe with crowds around. I'm not a parent but I don't think I'd bring young children on it.

Also as a word of warning, Northern Paris is not a good place to go unless you really want / have to. We accidentally went to a market up there and the hotel receptionist said on our return we were lucky not to hassled / robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I just tried to book TGV to Disneyland from CDG and was quoted €148.80 return, just seems ridiculous for a 10 minute journey for 2 Adults and one child.

Surely this must be one of the most expensive train journeys on earth for 10 minutes?

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    I just tried to book TGV to Disneyland from CDG and was quoted €148.80 return, just seems ridiculous for a 10 minute journey for 2 Adults and one child.

Surely this must be one of the most expensive train journeys on earth for 10 minutes?

TGV is expensive. If I recall correctly the RER was €30 return. To be fair its capitalisation on an big attraction. In the defense of the TGV, a taxi won't do it in 10 minutes and for under €150 :)

The metro and RER would be €30 x 2 plus the child. Probably looking at €80+ I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Is it cheaper to book TGV tickets online rather than from the ticket booth when you get there?
    If theres a delay in your flight, etc you might miss the one you bought tickets for, right?
    But if you buy them when you get there you'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Tickets are available either from the counter or automatic machines, both can be very slow and if your French is poor, it can be unhelpful, so you might be better buying in advance assuming you only have to collect tickets and not Q with everybody else. CDG is not a nice Airport, nice building but.....

FOUND THIS: http://www.parisshuttleservice.com/Disneyland-Shuttle-service.asp
    AND THIS : http://www.paristoolkit.com/airport/paris_airport_eurodisney_bus.htm

If it was me and I had kids all wound up I would go for the custom shuttle service out and take the TGV back. That way I would be picked up from my terminal brought direct to the hotel/Park and I could book the TGV tickets for the return journey when it suited me.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Cheers Wally.
    Like your idea about a shuttle bus out and train back!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Booking the TGV now and wondering if anyone knows how long it would take to get from the Aer Lingus arrival terminal to the train station at terminal 2. Has anyone done this?
    The flight is to arrive at 09:40, and the train times are 10:28, 11:00, and 11:42.
    Want to have plenty of time to make it to the train, but don't want to be hanging around there a long time with the kids.
    Thanks again for all the help and replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

If anyone is unsure about booking the TGV online, or getting the RER into Paris and then changing trains for Disney, check this guy out;

http://www.ezyshuttle.com/

His name is John Maher, he will pick you up from your terminal at CDG, drop you to your Disney hotel, and as you can probably tell from his name he speaks quite good english.....he's from Ennis.

We used him twice and had absolutely no problems.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Aer Lingus arrives in Terminal 1

TGV leaves from Terminal 2

You need to get the CDGVAL free rail shuttle which takes you from one terminal to another in approx. 8 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TotsD

My flight details say i arrive into Charles De Gaulle Airport at 9.30am, Would i make the 10.28 TGV to disneyland?

TotsD wrote: »
    My flight details say i arrive into Charles De Gaulle Airport at 9.30am, Would i make the 10.28 TGV to disneyland?

Given any flight delays, getting baggage etc, I'd say you'd be pushing it. My personal rule of thumb is allow 90 minutes at least to clear an airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TotsD

Thanks, can you purchase tickets their? Will they be more expensive when purchase them their on the day?

• Advertisement

TotsD wrote: »
    Thanks, can you purchase tickets their? Will they be more expensive when purchase them their on the day?

I got stung before in Italy. Paid in advance and when I got to the station, they were cheaper "Last minute deals" type of thing.

Generally they are the same price especially for regular schedules like the TGV. However there is security of mind by getting them in advance which could be worth the +/- €10 all told.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

I know this tread is a bit old however flying from Cork with Aer Lingus to CDG Terminal 1 landing at 13.50 the best TGV is 14.48 leaving terminal 2, the next one is 16.20, so my question is will I make the 14.48 train?

Has anyone on the Cork – Paris flight EI0822 made the TGV at 14.48?

Plus am I better off buying online http://www.tgv-europe.com instead of messing around when their?

I ask because if I buy online and fail to make it I am down a grand total of 42euro (2 Adults, 1 Child and a free under 3 years ticket) so it’s a small gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Made the TGV with 20 mins to spare; 1 hour after landing timeslot.

Recommend it, cuts all the hassle of getting a RER and changing train plus it is only 10 mins to Euro Disney from GDG.

Had a bit of fiddling with the yellow ticket printing machines, however it all worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

Just back from a weekend in Disneyland. Thanks to those who posted previously some good tips.

Stayed in the Explorer Hotel, delighted with it. Family of 4, kids loved the themed rooms and bunk beds. One of main reasons we stayed there was because of the bunk beds, most other hotels just have 2 double beds for family rooms. Great pool with water slide also.

Used www.bt-transfer.com to get from CDG to hotel and back again. €65 each way, English speaking drivers, very friendly, excellent cars with booster seats for kids. Arrived 20mins early for our departure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 margoroux

travel by TGV train is simple and very fast option. tgv train station is lcoated CDG Aiport terminal 2 between terminal 2 E and Termlinal 2C;
    Train cost around 20 euro. travel time 12 minutes. train depart every 30 minutes from the airport.
    cdgfacile.com/acces-aeroport/disneyland-roissy-tgv-cars-magicalshuttle/

Advertisement