Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread - Tue 11/1 19:15 WES1 Roys Rovers

Options
  • 09-01-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Need to follow up last weeks win with another good result.

Clay - In
    Conor - In
    Keith - In
    Gav - In
    Jules - In
    Ciaran - In

Dave B - Out
    Ronan D - In
    Gary - In
    Eamonn - In

Kenny -
    Cathal - In
    Eoin - In
    Collie - In
    Anto - In

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Big big game tonight, we beat these 3-0 in the last game but it means nothing, they are still a quality side who are having a bad season and could easily be a banana skin. The monks are playing at the same time as in so a win is vital.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Might drop in on this one, usually a good hard fought game..

hope to see you there Daryll

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Des wrote: »
    hope to see you there Daryll
    With jaffa oranges and a magic sponge!

5-0, great performance lads

just to say, we all hope the Roys Rovers player is ok, and the hospital visit is only precautionary.

Big time Des, we're all out to win but no one wants to see that type of stuff happen to anyone.

Got a joke for you lads...
    Why did the defender CROSS the road?? to get himself another goal of course :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Was it another cross Keith?

it was a hopeful punt from the halfway line.

Overhit and going over, the only person who even thought it went in was the ref :D

tbh i thought it went over!

The only thing is that their keeper or defenders didn't really complain much :confused:

Yeah but there was a distinct lack of celebration from our boys near to the goal, sure at that stage its not like it was a vital goal for/against either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

It was definitely in, I was right in front of it. In part I didn't go mad celebrating because of what had gone on and in part I was disgusted the keeper didn't palm it out so I could tap it in :(

oh, and we'e added a couple of new goalscorers tonight, Eoin and Eamon.

That's 13 different goalscorers this season, with only Ronan and Cathal not on the scoresheet yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Cathal not on the scoresheet yet.
    - don't wait up for it :P

Yeh both Gary and I were right under Keith's incredibly crafted and wonderfully audacious 55 yard peach....she was in alright...took me a minute to figure out if Keith was just going for a Cantona-style 'yeh whatever' celebration with his non-reaction or if he just hadn't realised it went in.

Excellent performance tonight lads, another quality clean sheet first and foremost - defensive work was excellent and we really limited them to a few chances which Clay dealt with very assuredly. That gave us a very good platform to build on.

First half we were a bit hurried and in fairness, they have numerous players very capable of getting it down and playing it around so they had the better possession but we still had the better chances.

Second half it was notable how much more we all listened to great calls we're now in the habit of making, and we played with a lot more composure and I was loving some of the moves we put together spanning the full width of the pitch.

Three factors contributed to that: we did everything within that was within our control with much more purpose; the wind and rain died off at half-time; and they lost Ricky due to that freak clash of heads with his fullback. That was one of the worst states I've seen someone in on a football pitch, he was out cold and his tongue was blocking his air passage. Absolutely relieved to see him come around and I hope he recovers well from what was a full-on concussion. From a football perspective, it's an interesting lesson on just how important the system and organisation is: Ricky is their talisman and organizer and they fell to pieces without him and we got acres of space (which we exploited very well).

Great to see so many scorers in our squad - it shows we have threats across the board and our style of play really plays to that.

All in all though, just another 3 points in the bag. Big game next week but if we keep that work ethic and strong basics in place, they'll know they're in a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Savage victory lads. How many dodgy goals has Keith scored for boards now? :D Didn't you get one against Roys about a year ago too that was wind-assisted shall we say? ;)

Also, I'm coming back into the fold from next week. Haven't played since I left due to injuries and I expect to play little part with you doing so well but I'll be committing for the summer season and I'll be there as cover for the final few games. This is a very Ed like post so I'll leave it there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Well done lads, you'll be very close to ur 1st title if you win next week. I hope you win all you other games too (so we can come 2nd :))

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

emc2 wrote: »
    Was it another cross Keith?

:D

They're the kind of goals that go in when you're 4-0 up. Understandably they looked shaken especially when the second goal went in and everything fell right for a change.

Very even scrappy game in the first half.

Yeh both Gary and I were right under Keith's incredibly crafted and wonderfully audacious 55 yard peach....she was in alright...took me a minute to figure out if Keith was just going for a Cantona-style 'yeh whatever' celebration with his non-reaction or if he just hadn't realised it went in.

The next one will be for you Jules, i'll even pop the collar!
    LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Savage victory lads. How many dodgy goals has Keith scored for boards now? :D Didn't you get one against Roys about a year ago too that was wind-assisted shall we say? ;)

Also, I'm coming back into the fold from next week. Haven't played since I left due to injuries and I expect to play little part with you doing so well but I'll be committing for the summer season and I'll be there as cover for the final few games. This is a very Ed like post so I'll leave it there ;)

Yep wind assisted alright, but that was the night of Daves goal aswell which was the oddest one i've seen.

Good to have you back martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Great Team Performance Last Night And Great Result.
    Talking Between Players In The Last Couple Of Games Has Improved Greatly.And It Showed With How Well We passed the ball in the second half and i have to say it was one of the easiest games of had cause the back four have been playing so well. Great to have the confidence in them and to thrust them to deal with things. But the confidence is flowing right through the team and it is great to see from front to back.

Also is that Ed in Disguise as Martin Next you will be saying you want to play up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I wanna play in goals. You're cut. Hasn't Des told you yet? Sorry Clay.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

Cathal not on the scoresheet yet.
    - don't wait up for it :P
    Prick!

Haven't scored for us... ever (since 06). Hit the bar once.
    3 og's tho, two of them against Bernard were pretty special. Its Richie Dunne / Carragher-esque... but there the similarities end.

Can't finish this season without a goal, especially with Clay on the board...
    So how about it Des? Designated free/peno taker till the end of the season?

Advertisement