Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cars you kinda want even though you know you shouldn't

Options
  • 27-12-2010 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Well, with me it's this one.

I know they're unreliable, not the makers finest hour, pretty slow and not terribly exciting to drive. The have the wrong image (I'm no developers wife, me) and this one even comes in a "ghey" colour ...still ... I kinda want it :o

media?xwm=y&id=10535912&width=400&height=300media?xwm=y&id=10535907&width=400&height=300
    http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201029198911993

Don't know what it is ...must be the (missing) three pointed star or something

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

L-190E-Cosworth-2.jpg

e190 cosworth. Mmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    e190 cosworth. Mmm.

I don't think you got the idea of this thread ...every sane person would want that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

drove the clk 320 kompressor...

much nice then you'd think, but not by any means a fast car. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

toyota_carina_1.jpg

Always loved these cars since I was young. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Jeep Wrangler :), I know such a hairdressers car but i love it (only the 3 door version) :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

celica

I've always thought these were a nice looker,at the same time they're just that bit too "hairdressy" to buy one:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

1st and 2nd post espeically. Well done. Second post though, only a true petrol head will under stand that one, well done!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

peasant wrote: »
    I don't think you got the idea of this thread ...every sane person would want that

yeah I know that now :p

Only realised after what you were aiming at after I posted! Ah well, some eye candy anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

A mid ninties prelude, and a SMART fortwo. Yum. I'm odd when it comes to cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think the Prelude's a bit too rational an urge for this thread. Was it the late '80s ones that LJK Setright used to write about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'd like a SMART as well, used to be someone commuting on the M7 with one of the bigger ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 65,130 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Well, with me it's this one.

Maybe it's not as well built as the previous models and maybe they should not have switched over to water based paint (:rolleyes:), but the first generation CLK is as beautiful, elegant and stylish as all the other MB coupes before it. Soon to be a classic and deservedly so!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Only one for me
    1990-lotus-carlton-3860.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Max Power1 wrote: »
    toyota_carina_1.jpg

Always loved these cars since I was young. :o

The name of this thread is ''cars you kinda want even though you know you shouldn't''

Not ''Im a winner at life and need a car to tell the world''

Regards;

Carina Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 22,106 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I Was VB wrote: »
    Carina Mod
    :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

eoin wrote: »

I think anyone could get away with wanting one of them. Not a great car by any means, but a huge cool factor.

Here's mine:

J653KRT.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Well, with me it's this one...

Don't know what it is ...must be the (missing) three pointed star or something
    For me would be the one below (or its predecessor). I know it is a bit tricky for self service and it would ruin my budget, as it is a lot thirstier than my current car, it has a timing belt rather than chain, is not as well built as my old Benz, etc., etc. But... I'd like to own one for the 4WD and the driving experience, I wanted one for long time, but the common sense was always the winner, unfortunately...

legacy_estate4.jpg?1251134793

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

For me it'd have to be an old cooper.....

MiniCooperS.jpg

I'd probably look like a complete tool driving one but I think there just sex on wheels. Maybe that's because Charlize Theron drove one in the Italian Job!!!

Hmmm... Mini Cooper

Hmmm.... Charlize Theron!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Shane732 wrote: »
    For me it'd have to be an old cooper.....

MiniCooperS.jpg

I'd probably look like a complete tool driving one but I think there just sex on wheels. Maybe that's because Charlize Theron drove one in the Italian Job!!!

Hmmm... Mini Cooper

Hmmm.... Charlize Theron!

Had one of those until it was written off two winters ago.

No suspension, inertia switch used trip on some pot holes, tiny tank, but, by GOD fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Or one of these - the 1.9 16 valve version.

4wd-kombi.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Jeep Wrangler :), I know such a hairdressers car but i love it (only the 3 door version) :P

Had one of those a few years back for a day as a courtesy car.
    Oh the fun i had that day with that V8.

Last year around this time i was looking for a car and found an Audi S8 on carzone. Really wanted that one but i just couldnt justify it to myself that motor tax and insurance was more than what i had to pay for the car to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭maddness

80's Skoda Rapide 130 coupe.
    Opel Omega 3000Gsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

DeLorean-DMC-12.jpg

I know the general consesus is that they are dreadful cars, but if money was no object Id have one in my collection just because its a car Ive always wanted :D

And I would be one of those guys who fits it out to look like a time machine :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭Andrew42

Renault Vel Satis
    Renault Avantime
    Two of the maddest/coolest Renaults built in the last twenty years.

I know there's the Speedster (screenless version) but that's a bit too cool for school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭alias no.9

1991_volvo_480-pic-51639.jpeg

index.cgi?board%3Dreadersrides%26action%3Ddisplay%26thread%3D89747%26page%3D2&t=1&usg=AFrqEzfjBzspsNqcBo_CRf_UUDWGxbqQeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Fiat Panda 4x4. I don't know why.

And a Renualt 4 but not for everyday motoring. Seriously uncool especially since my dad had them for years!

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement