Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW ECO-FRIENDLY ADULT TOY WEBSITE PLEASE REVIEW

Options
  • 17-12-2010 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My webdesigner has just finished my new website www.happyjane.ie

and I would love you all to review it please.

At Happy Jane we only sell inoffencive, eco-friendly and skinsafe adult toys.

Any feedback and advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

In Firefox the search box is covering the navigation bar so some links are covered, maybe you can push it down a little bit. Maybe something like:
    #searchForm{
      top: 178px
    }

Nice pleasant to look at overall, good job :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Too thin. You can get 250 more pixels in width.

Top links are mostly links which should be in the footer. Put your RBN and contact details there too. Put your postal address in the Contact page and any other info a user might like.

Use a sans serif font. Serif fonts work better for print, sans serif for screen in general.

The mixed cases on the About page don't help readability. If you want them to stand out more use a different colour or italic or bold.

Free delivery is good but would be better in a special offer style badge. Ypou could put discreet packaging there too, but not rotated.

Get your products on the homepage above the fold. I.e. they should be viewable with no scrolling down.

Don't link to Coalition against toxic toys while it's under construction.

Contact form fields are too small.

Proofread your content properly for spelling and punctuation mistakes. Get someone else to do that as well as yourself.

Pencil sketch design is nice but colour scheme doesn't do it for me.

The order of info and images on individual product pages isn't in the right order. Pic first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Thanks, thats great feedback tricky d.

Are the technical/aestetic problems easily fixed? and would they take long to rectify?
    and are they things that should have been noticed by my designer?

I've been told by my designer that he wont be changing the design of the site after this review (I signed of on the design of the Homepage), and will only be changing any bugs that are noticed.

I'll be able to change the content with the CMS.

How does the site fare up in the SEO stakes?

justryan, thanks for noticing the glitch with the overlapping search box.

Is it still there now. I noticed this problem a while ago and the designer sorted it.

Yep the bug is still present in Firefox 3.6.13, I think all your designer/developer needs to do is push it down as stated in my previous post :D

30 or so extra pixels makes it look neater

Thanks justryan, I hope he's reading this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Agree it should be wider.

One this is, why is it a .ie - no reason to focus purely on the irish market, is there?

Hi P,

I wanted a .com but some Korean company is using that one.

But I own the .eu .co.uk domains for the site.

As for the width of the design, I let my designer have free reign on this as I loved his other websites.
    I wouldn't know anything about designing a website tbh:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Feckfox

The search box overlaps the navigation part where it says Bondage ..

I am missing out on so much fun! :D

Overall I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

I'm getting this message when I try to access the site:

"System Offline

This site is currently offline"

Its just down for maintanence.

My webdesigner is fixing bugs and addind some much needed SEO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

suey71 wrote: »
    Its just down for maintanence.

My webdesigner is fixing bugs and addind some much needed SEO.

3 days maintenance :confused: What's he doing, redesigning the whole site? Looking forward to seeing it when it comes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Must have been a cock up.

The webdesigner is keeping it offline until he receives the final payment due.

I was unhappy with the website and told him I would hold off paying him until it was up to scratch. I wanted to post it here again so I could get some experts to review it, but as I said, he wont let it go live until the money is paid, so no reviews.

He wanted the money sent by paypal but I wasn't going to pay the €49 Paypal fee so I sent a bank draft.

It will be back up when he receives his money but I doubt it will be much improved.

He has threatened to remove the entirity of the websites files and database if he doesn't receive his money before yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

He has threatened to remove the entirity of the websites files and database if he doesn't receive his money before yesterday.

For €49. . . . ?? :eek: He sounds like a right ball breaker :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas! :D

No Guru, €49 is the paypal fee for transfering €1409. Outstanding fee.

www.happyjane.ie is live again.

Thanks for all of your positive reviews and pms of encouragement.

Happy Christmas.

Something I've noticed on the site is the add to cart button takes you straight to paypal payment gateway what if the customer wanted to buy more than one product, they would have to keep going back might be a good idea to implement a cart system so that when the customer is happy with their choices they can checkout with paypal

Can it get any bloody worse.

Are you telling me that the customer can only buy 1 item at a time?

If a customer has chosen 3 items they have to pick 1 item, buy it, pick another, buy it, pick another, buy it.

Aarrrgh:mad:.

Seems fairly tedious alright, this is important to address as you don't want your customers to get bored you want your site to be easy to use

I wonder would he consider this a bug.

• Advertisement

I wonder would he consider this a bug.

I wouldn't think so, you should argue though that for a commerce site he should have implemented some sort of shopping cart system. There is a shopping cart system in place but it takes you to PayPal so each time you want to add a product you have to go back to happyjane.ie by clicking the "Continue shopping" button in PayPal, would be better to have a cart system showing the contents of an order on the happyjane.ie website

I looks as though your designer intended for it to work like this, so it wouldn't fall into the bug category

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

Can it get any bloody worse.

Are you telling me that the customer can only buy 1 item at a time?

If a customer has chosen 3 items they have to pick 1 item, buy it, pick another, buy it, pick another, buy it.

Aarrrgh:mad:.

Its ok, you just click the continue shopping button on the paypal page before proceeding to checkout takes yuo back to the site, worked fine on the samples I tried.

Nice site, good luck with it
    & Happy (Jane) Christmas :D

Advertisement