Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10% discount for bookdepository (Irish customers only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭elaicah

10% discount which works in all countries, but expires on 15th instead of 17th dec

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Referafriend/index?a_aid=fkw

Terms and conditions1. You will receive one 10% voucher for referring friends and then additional vouchers for those who buy, only one voucher can be received for introductions in the first instance.
    2. Once a referred friend has bought from us we will send you a 10% voucher that can be used against your next purchase on bookdepository.co.uk or bookdepository.com simply follow the instructions on the email and visit the page we send you a link to, if you don't go via the route we suggest you will not see a redemption box in the checkout.
    3. Only one voucher may be redeemed per purchase, per person.
    4. Offer expires Wednesday 15th December 2010 and all vouchers will expire at midnight GMT on this day.
    5. Vouchers are non transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
    6. Customers can refer as many friends as they like during the period, we will however monitor for unusually high use.
    7. Vouchers cannot be retrospectively applied.
    8. The Book Depository Limited retains the right to end this promotion without notice.
    9. Emails will not be retained other than for the processing of the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Wish this had been posted before I bought a few books for Christmas! Oh, well. I can always buy more! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

it was posted a few weeks ago:) if you go through fatcheese it's even better value:D extra 5%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ciarawalsh

Wish this had been posted before I bought a few books for Christmas! Oh, well. I can always buy more! :pac:

Did you receive any book from this website? The prices seem very low compared to bookshop so not sure if I should risk placing a large order for xmas in case I receive nothing? also how could postage be free :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's a well known and trusted website around here, i have ordered off them several times and received the books within a week
    very cheap and yes the delivery is free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭kindalen

i've bought off them too. very good to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

bought off them a couple of times aswell can confirm there a 100% legit deliverys pretty quick aswell always less than a week for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

ciarawalsh wrote: »
    Did you receive any book from this website? The prices seem very low compared to bookshop so not sure if I should risk placing a large order for xmas in case I receive nothing? also how could postage be free :confused:

Couldn't recommend them highly enough. They are usually far cheaper than the likes of Waterstones, Dubray, Easons etc. I've used them loads of times. They're a great outfit and they've never let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I recently purchased from this site for the first time, I bought 5 books and I've received 4 but I'm presuming the last one is delayed due to the weather.
    Found them to be great value. One book was three times the price from Easons website and I had to pay delivery as well.

Karen23 wrote: »
    I recently purchased from this site for the first time, I bought 5 books and I've received 4 but I'm presuming the last one is delayed due to the weather.
    Found them to be great value. One book was three times the price from Easons website and I had to pay delivery as well.

thanks everyone for your answers, i'm going to go ahead and order from them, think I will save close to €85 compared to bookshop here in limerick

• Advertisement

selina8099 wrote: »
    where to buy cheap ugg boots with good quality?

i was reading another section of boards.ie where I see you answered a question about ugg boots and you recommended a website you used. So it doesn't make sense why you are now asking a question which you previously answered...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I've d bookdepository loads of times and never a problem.
    One thing I will say though, and I'm not 100% sure its still true, but they add on a few % to prices if you have a non-UK IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

I'm going to back up the general consensus here and give a thumbs up to book depository. I've ordered off them many times before and found them excellent. Great prices, and always delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

I'm going to back up the general consensus here and give a thumbs up to book depository. I've ordered off them many times before and found them excellent. Great prices, and always delivered.

Agree with all the above - one bit of advise i always use paypal with them - i ordered one book last year by credit card cos i wanted a different delivery address and they put the order thru twice and sent the book twice - i got refunded eventually when i agrued that i only authorised my card the once and only got one confirmation email.

So just be carefull if any crashing in system when u going to pay cos it may have already gone thru.

I hasnt deterried me from using the site cos ive used it loads of times since and no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭geecee

Hi dockc
    Exact same thing happened with me from an order i put through on Sunday

Website crashed during the ordering process.
    Basket however was still there when i checked
    And received no order confirmation.

So i put the order through again
    And have now been charged twice on my CC

Waiting to hear back from their "Help@" at the moment...
    Are they usually quick in responding to help queries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

The prices seem very low compared to bookshop so not sure if I should risk placing a large order for xmas in case I receive nothing? also how could postage be free :confused:
    No one seems to have answered your question yet, so just to let you know, it's a very reliable site.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

geecee wrote: »
    Hi dockc
    Exact same thing happened with me from an order i put through on Sunday

Website crashed during the ordering process.
    Basket however was still there when i checked
    And received no order confirmation.

So i put the order through again
    And have now been charged twice on my CC

Waiting to hear back from their "Help@" at the moment...
    Are they usually quick in responding to help queries?

Well it was last Jan that i was dealing with them and i had a bit of back and forth being honest - they showed that i had 2 orders in the space of 15mins and said that i could return one (at my own cost of postage) evenually i asked them the following:

Can you please advise why I only received one notification of this book purchase and I do not recall authorising my card twice?

and it was only after that that they emailed to say they had a problem with there system and said that they would refund which they did and i could keep the 2nd book.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Thumbs up from me too, just wish I could use my laser card on the site!

Fidelis wrote: »
    No one seems to have answered your question yet, so just to let you know, it's a very reliable site.

thanks, I placed my order yesterday so hopefully i will arrive before xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karen23 wrote: »
    thanks everyone for your answers, i'm going to go ahead and order from them, think I will save close to €85 compared to bookshop here in limerick

Just to let you know , the last book arrived this morning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Hi Ciara,
    My experience is that they are kosher, the only problem is that some books arrive real quick, & others take a good while to arrive. I think they probably carry less stock than Amazon, or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Anytime I have shopped with them everything has worked out great, I am definitely going to take advantage of this :D

has anyone noticed that the prices change very frequently, maybe daily, theres a few more books I was thinking about getting once the 1st order arrives, so i've looked at them over past few days, 1 was 55% off during the week, now its just 7% off today:mad: but its gone the other way for a few others where the % discount has increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

The prices fluctuate quite often. Your best bet is to create a wishlist and check it every now and again for the best % discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Love the bookdepository but it only ever lets me order by credit card. Whenever I try using paypal it gives me a 'Paypal is currently unavailable' message.

Anyone else getting the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Lads where do you put in the discount code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Lads where do you put in the discount code?

You have to go to the website via the link given on the 1st page. Probably to stop people getting cashback from places like Fatcheese. I couldn't it out either, thought for a while it was 1 discount per customer. Have placed 3 orders now with the 10% off, so happy days!

most of my books arrived today, thanks for your replies everyone! I'm surprised they were all in separate padded envelopes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Oral Slang wrote: »
    You have to go to the website via the link given on the 1st page. Probably to stop people getting cashback from places like Fatcheese. I couldn't it out either, thought for a while it was 1 discount per customer. Have placed 3 orders now with the 10% off, so happy days!

I used fatcheese with it, just click on the link in fatcheese and then change the portion of the address after .co.uk to the corresponding part of the special offer page for the discount and order with the code. Fatcheese brings up an option to verify order for the book depository after a few hours where you just have to put in order number, address and total spent.

Advertisement