christmas schedule for social welfare payments? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-12-2010, 14:40   #1
whittler

Send a message via MSN to whittler
christmas schedule for social welfare payments?

does anyone have any idea what, if any, changes there are to the payment schedule for xmas?
Advertisement
01-12-2010, 23:03   #2
danjo-xx

yup........ there will be none courtesy of the IMF
04-12-2010, 21:00   #3
irishkitkat

re: social welfare payments for 2010

I know what you mean, are we getting paid a week early for Christmas, ie the week before Christmas do we get paid double or because Christmas falls on the Sat do we just get paid on our normal dates.

Am I correct in saying thats what you are asking?
04-12-2010, 21:04   #4
irishkitkat

re: fianna gail and sein fein and Other Charity Organisations

I know that all the above parties and charities are trying to persuade the Government to reinstate the Christmas Bonus, but frankly we all know that is not going to happen.

Why? Because the Government does not care
08-12-2010, 00:19   #5
Spudz76

If anyone would like to thank the TD in charge of screwing up people on disabilities and pensions Christmas again this year then send a nice little xmas note to : info@eamonocuiv.ie
Advertisement
10-12-2010, 11:54   #6
jimmyging

[QUOTE=irishkitkat;69386749]I know what you mean, are we getting paid a week early for Christmas, ie the week before Christmas do we get paid double or because Christmas falls on the Sat do we just get paid on our normal date

"Getting paid" means you actually work for a wage ...
10-12-2010, 12:21   #7
ziedth

Really?

I've been paying tax since I left college and unlucky enough to find myself in the situation where I'm picking up contract work and welfare.

Not everything is black and white my friend.

Edit: and on another note I hope that if your ever unlucky enough to be in a similar situation you don't come across somesome quite as judgemental and condescending

Last edited by ziedth; 10-12-2010 at 14:07.
10-12-2010, 23:14   #8
dekavo

wat a joke

[QUOTE=jimmyging;69489789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkitkat View Post
I know what you mean, are we getting paid a week early for Christmas, ie the week before Christmas do we get paid double or because Christmas falls on the Sat do we just get paid on our normal date

some ppl have all the nerve looking down ter noses at ppl on social. neither my husband r I want it this way. we r both funeral director by trade but unfortunitly wit the way things hav been the past couple of yrs we r left wit quilfications tat r no longer any use 2 us.. so wat r we 2 do...i knw we'l get re-educated wit another quilification which wil expire 2...an the price of education 2day its impossible..(free education my foot).. wit the way the ppl get treated in this country nobody stands up an wit the few tat do wer rong 4 doin so..we both worked hard 4 yrs 4 the money we now get an tey take tat away an wats more sickening is we hav 4 babies an its the food out of ter mouth tat ter taken ter warmth even ter home.. so dont sit ter an say gettin paid means you actually work 4 a wage..if tats the case the TD is workin an gettin paid our wage 2 give himself a wage...

Last edited by dekavo; 10-12-2010 at 23:17. Reason: spellin mistake
11-12-2010, 00:42   #9
kryogen

[QUOTE=dekavo;69501143]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyging View Post

some ppl have all the nerve looking down ter noses at ppl on social. neither my husband r I want it this way. we r both funeral director by trade but unfortunitly wit the way things hav been the past couple of yrs we r left wit quilfications tat r no longer any use 2 us.. so wat r we 2 do...i knw we'l get re-educated wit another quilification which wil expire 2...an the price of education 2day its impossible..(free education my foot).. wit the way the ppl get treated in this country nobody stands up an wit the few tat do wer rong 4 doin so..we both worked hard 4 yrs 4 the money we now get an tey take tat away an wats more sickening is we hav 4 babies an its the food out of ter mouth tat ter taken ter warmth even ter home.. so dont sit ter an say gettin paid means you actually work 4 a wage..if tats the case the TD is workin an gettin paid our wage 2 give himself a wage...

would you mind spelling properly so as not to give us a headache?

also to comply with the charter
Advertisement
11-12-2010, 00:51   #10
Mint Sauce
Full of minty goodness.

In answer to your question OP I would imagine that unless you collect your payments on a monday or tuesday, then it collect them as normal. These are the only week days over xmas and new year that are public holidays.

Best to ask would probably be your local post office (assuming this is where you collect your payment) or your local social welfare office.
Thanks from:
11-12-2010, 03:36   #11
fitzeyboy.

[QUOTE=dekavo;69501143]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyging View Post

My eyes, the goggles they do nothing
11-12-2010, 04:04   #12
chucken1
Closed Account

[QUOTE=jimmyging;69489789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkitkat View Post
I know what you mean, are we getting paid a week early for Christmas, ie the week before Christmas do we get paid double or because Christmas falls on the Sat do we just get paid on our normal date

You sir..havent a clue..have you??

EDIT..Thats at jimmyging by the way!
11-12-2010, 08:46   #13
ziedth

I get PAID!!!!!!!.......

On a Friday and I have a double week on the 17th so no collection on Xmas eve. New year is as normal. L
11-12-2010, 10:23   #14
Sully

Send a message via MSN to Sully Send a message via Skype™ to Sully
Mod Note::

Jesus almighty what a train wreck.

Stop correcting each others spelling and pointing out flaws in such.
On the flip side of the coin, the forum charter asks people not to type in txt spk so plz I ask you all to type normally.

Topic Cleaned
11-12-2010, 11:58   #15
AdMMM

Send a message via MSN to AdMMM
I know that the GPO has a notice in their front door notifying people of the Christmas schedule of payments. I didn't read it, but it did catch my eye.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion