Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Beta Bug forum

Options
  • 20-11-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

HI, I have just released a Beta version of my Dublin Bus Application for android.
    The app is available for download here http://bit.ly/DublinBusBeta and herecxjHwk.qrcode?s=166
    The aim of this beta is like most betas, to have a smooth, user friendly and bug free app before public release.

I would appreciate it if People could download the app and have a bit of a mess about with it and give feedback on the forums.
    This thread Is where people can post bugs/issues with the app so they can be commented on by others and brought to my attention and hopefully be fixed on the next build.

When Posting Bugs please follow these guidelines to ensure best results.
    • Device OS version eg. 2.2/2.1/1.6 no older versions supported.
    • Device model
    • Description of how you got to the bug
    • What happened
    • Error message given (if any)

Thanks for your support

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Not bad. It looks like you used the Android App Creator, am I right?

You've only 5 buses in there so far, but thankfully I get the 4 fairly often. :)

I take it the timetables are static (i.e. saved locally as opposed to an online source). Pulling the data from dublinbus.ie would probably be too complicated with the timetables in pdf format.

The next buses bit is fairly slow at opening but I take it that's because of the fact that it's calculating the result on the go (had similar slowness loading each day's timetables in my Electric Picnic app).

Overall, it's a good start, but nowhere near as good as some of the Dart apps. I've put a shortcut on my homescreen for now at least.

EDIT: Just saw the other thread. Maybe merge them?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 grifto rifto2

Hey everyone fyi the app its now out on android market, thanks very much for all the help and support, It wouldn't be same with out y'all.

Ps. @rondmc your spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Any chance of a Symbian app?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 grifto rifto2

emmetmcl wrote: »
    Any chance of a Symbian app?

Are there none atm? If not ill look into it

Advertisement