Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 CLS 320 CDI - what to look out for?

Options
  • 19-11-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Would appreciate some help with this, looking at getting a 2007 CLS 320 CDI, less than 30,000miles on the clock. Anything too be wary off? What sort of ballpark price should I be paying?

Any known faults/problems?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭what recession?

I don't know anything problem-wise, but price wise...
    i saw this a few weeks ago:
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mercedes-Benz/CLS-Class/320-CDI-/201041199892875/advert?channel=CARS
    it should be sold according to the description, but at the time i thought that was a really good price.

Also know someone who just traded an 07 320cdi (around 100k miles on it) for a new one and got 20,000 euros.

Was about to buy one for around 42k last year, glad I did not :P

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Similar car this weekend at merlin auctions it appears
    http://www.merlincarauctions.ie/cardetails/26933
    (higher mileage)
    You could pop along and see what the bidding is like/what it goes for. Would give you an idea of the floor in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,315 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

One thing I will say is, its a disgrace that sat nav is near impossible to find in these in Ireland.
    I thought about getting an 07 one of these among other things. That one at alo kavanagh was well priced but seeing as it was a closing sale (auction as such) Im sure there is no warranty etc.
    With the new model CLS and 2011 not so far away, Id say a 2007 should be widely available for around 25/ 26k soon.
    By all accounts, a stunning car and nothing wrong with that merc 6 cylinder diesel either.

mickdw wrote: »
    One thing I will say is, its a disgrace that sat nav is near impossible to find in these in Ireland.
    The only Mercedes you're likely to find sat nav in is s-class, cl and sl's. Most people don't need them and aren't willing to shove out an extra few thousand on top of the once 100k price tag, for a decently eqipped one, for something they wont use.

The only Mercedes you're likely to find sat nav in is s-class, cl and sl's. Most people don't need them and aren't willing to shove out an extra few thousand on top of the once 100k price tag, for a decently eqipped one, for something they wont use.

Ah but its quite common in the uk ones as usual. They dont even have a proper screen if you dont get the sat nav. Its poor really.

• Advertisement

Also know someone who just traded an 07 320cdi (around 100k miles on it) for a new one and got 20,000 euros.
    Was it a CLS? Are you saying he got 20k against retail price of a new CLS? If so, that is crazy. If you mean, comparing straight deal price with trade in price resulted in 20k valuation, I would believe that.

Ah but its quite common in the uk ones as usual. They dont even have a proper screen if you dont get the sat nav. Its poor really.
    Totally agree, but would you really pay like 3k or whatever to see the radio channel's name more clearly? :P Maybe it's standard/cheaper in the UK
    Was it a CLS? Are you saying he got 20k against retail price of a new CLS? If so, that is crazy. If you mean, comparing straight deal price with trade in price resulted in 20k valuation, I would believe that.
    Yes, it was a CLS and 20k is the trade in price he got against a new Merc, but they bought a cheaper model this time. 20k isn't bad for one with high mileage anyway if garages are asking 27k for ones with 20000 miles as above, the dealers do have to make SOME sort of profit on the cars..

Advertisement