Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-11-2010, 18:38   #1
clo4cb

Italian?

Anyone here do Italian? I'm in TY at the moment and I'm dropping German next week. I'm going to study Italian outside of school and was just wondering if it's the same layout in the test as German. Do I have to do an oral?
Advertisement
17-11-2010, 20:04   #2
readystudypass

Yes there is an oral. The chief examiner's report (2009) should give you a good idea of what to expect >>>> http://www.examinations.ie/archive/e...alian_2009.pdf
17-11-2010, 21:40   #3
Chuchoter

And a novel to read.

To be really honest with you, keep German if you can. It will be very useful in the coming years.
21-11-2010, 16:07   #4
fewtins
Thermal sock city.

I dropped German about 8 weeks into Fifth year, ****ing hated it.

I don't think you'll find italian any easier than German though.

Last edited by fewtins; 21-11-2010 at 16:15.
30-06-2012, 11:19   #5
LucaValla

Hi I'm an Italian boy I'm living in Dublin, I'm looking for Irish or fluent english people who are interested in doing a "Tandem Program" with me. So you can learn Italian language speaking Italian with me and I can improve my English with you, we can speak one hour Italian and one hour English. Please let me know if you are interested.
Advertisement
30-06-2012, 11:20   #6
LucaValla

Hi I'm an Italian boy, I'm living in Dublin, I'm looking for Irish people who are interested in doing a "Tandem Program" with me. So you can learn Italian language speaking Italian with me and I can improve my English with you, we can speak one hour Italian and one hour English. Please let me know if you are interested.
30-06-2012, 15:54   #7
finality

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaValla View Post
Hi I'm an Italian boy, I'm living in Dublin, I'm looking for Irish people who are interested in doing a "Tandem Program" with me. So you can learn Italian language speaking Italian with me and I can improve my English with you, we can speak one hour Italian and one hour English. Please let me know if you are interested.
I might be interested in this, I'm thinking of learning Italian. I'd need a few months to build up a foundation, but if I do go ahead with learning it, I could be somewhat ready to do this in September? I'll also be moving to Dublin then.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion