Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance classic car as on a premium possible?

Options
  • 07-11-2010 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am a thinking about rationnalised my car at the moment. I have a bit too much :)

I have a camper van for which, I need to have a day to day car with 5 years no claim bonus on it, in order to be able to insurre it.

So I have a small car for this purpose a clio MK1 .

I have also 4 classic cars but there are all projects, and a classic insurrance... ;)

This is what I would like to drive on a day to day basis BMW E30 saloon, or MERCEDES W124.

So I am wondering if there is any insurrance which will take a old car more than 15 years old as a daily car.

I have try to get quote a couple of month ago and I was going no where.
    So I am wondering if it is possible or if I should forget about it.

Any recommandation welcome, the insurrance business is always drive me mad...
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Justjens

Currently have my '93 Audi 80, as my daily driver, insured with Aviva, along with many other policies which may influence their decision to cover me.

Worth a call........

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Standard Motor Policies:

Avia and AXA

Classic Motor Policy:

First Ireland

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

superfly, First Ireland insured me on a '72 Fiat as a "normal" car. I'd certainly give them a shout. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭superfly35

that sounds good lads.

I might get rid off the clio.

Dades,
    Do you have on your Fiat your no claims bonus as well?

I will need to keep the no claim on a private car, for the camper.

Cheers

I'm sure I had a NCB from my previous car which they allowed me on the Fiat.

• Advertisement

That sound's amazing !!! It is the best I heard in a long time :)

Do you know if there is any special condition to get insurre ?

I will ring them to find out, if I could do that it will be brilliant.
    I will be get a nice day to day car. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

superfly35 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am a thinking about rationnalised my car at the moment. I have a bit too much :)

I have a camper van for which, I need to have a day to day car with 5 years no claim bonus on it, in order to be able to insurre it.

So I have a small car for this purpose a clio MK1 .

I have also 4 classic cars but there are all projects, and a classic insurrance... ;)

This is what I would like to drive on a day to day basis BMW E30 saloon, or MERCEDES W124.

So I am wondering if there is any insurrance which will take a old car more than 15 years old as a daily car.

I have try to get quote a couple of month ago and I was going no where.
    So I am wondering if it is possible or if I should forget about it.

Any recommandation welcome, the insurrance business is always drive me mad...
    Cheers

FBD
    1990 300CE for €460 tpft
    1980 450SEL for €160 classic

Got a ring from First Ireland, the guy was very sound.

They will do a classic car as a "normal" no issue there :D

Today is a good day.

Great news!

Do you have a 924 ready to drive or will it be something else?

Yeah it is brilliant news, I want that for more than a year now but I could not find the right insurance.

I don't have any 924 ready yet, I will be lucky if it is ready for next summer.

I am thinking about getting a E30 in reasonable condition at a reasonable price so it could take a while ;), or mercedes diesel, or else something different like a morris mirror.

As you can see I am pretty open on the vehicle, I could also go for a 2cv (it will remind me when I was a kid :D)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

superfly35 wrote: »
    I want that for more than a year now but I could not find the right insurance.

Wasn't looking hard enough then :p:rolleyes:

I just need to find the right car from now. ;)

Advertisement