Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car servicing in ennis

Options
  • 04-11-2010 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

can anyone recommend an "honest" garage in ennis that does a reliable job and gives value for money .

any advice appreciated .

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've heard people say nothing but great things about Charlie McEnery and I'll more than likely give him "the turn" next time my car needs a service, I've always use The Garage out the Quin Road, can't fault them at all, really nice people, good price and know what they are at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 skeletor777

thanks for the info .

i had heard about charlie mcherny before from some one .I was being charged around 160 with my regular guy and i feel its a bit pricey to be honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Charlie is my mechanic too, cant fault him. Yesterday car wouldnt start for the school run, he was up to the house within 20 mins and had me back on the road!!! And there was no charge because i get my car services there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

can anyone recommend an "honest" garage in ennis that does a reliable job and gives value for money .

any advice appreciated .
    Deffo charlie.One of my tyres had a hole in it.slow puncture.Was gonna get a new tyre but he stopped me, plugged the tyre and refused a cent off me.Very honest man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

can he reset the computer in the car? or does he know someone who can reset it?

It grinds my gears after servicing a car that the service due warning is still on the dash.

I got my car serviced twice at a garage in town to give them a turn after the free services went from where i bought the car and no reset on the comp.

I know the garage in ennistymon resets but i think they're a little expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

It grinds my gears after servicing a car that the service due warning is still on the dash.

I got my car serviced twice at a garage in town to give them a turn after the free services went from where i bought the car and no reset on the comp.

is the person in ennistimon a technician? perhaps thats what your paying for.

no the garage there where the saddlery used be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

If you get time, unplug your battery, leave it a couple of mins and then reattach it. That should make it go off. It does work but in all likelihood it will probably come back on again after 20 miles or so IF there is a problem, but it's probably only a minor thing.

no its just when the car is due for a service, it says it on the dash where the clock and stuff is.The car is being serviced, just not by toyota. so the service due sign doesnt get reset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

The Polish outfit working out of where Danny Morans used to be on the Gort Rd, next to the Nissan garage. Thats where you need to go, to get sorted. All the computer diagnostics. Had a dash light problem on an Astra. Been to several differnt places to have it sorted these past two years. No joy and plenty euros spent in the process.

Went in to the Polish place a month ago. Sorted!!

• Advertisement

great, they sound good. thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

is the person in ennistimon a technician? perhaps thats what your paying for.

Yeah, you need to pay one of those loads of money to make a blinky light go away.
    Rather service it myself and look up on the internet how to reset it myself, most of the time it's just a combination of buttons to press like on some VW's.
    A lot of that blinky light stuff was added on to the cars so people would think they'd have to get the car serviced by a dealer's garage.
    Oil change E100, turn off blinky light, E200. Hence E300 oil changes at dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 1_Tyreman

I'd be happy to recommend Charlie too, does a good job for a reasonable price, also one I use lately with great results is CJT Motors in Ballybeg. He's in at the side of McCarthys Bros building on the left side.
    A little out of the way but so far well worth the trip. Oh and he has all the trendy Snapon computer stuff for resetting the blinky dash christmas tree lights.
    I have had a fairly fresh transit and a old 91 merc with him and he sorted both for small money.

Hope this helps someone.

Regards,

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jurgen

Hi, Charlie will see you right, Jurgen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Eken27

any advice appreciated .
    i highly recommend cjt their work is first class your car is treated with respect not like other garages i know where they drive the crap out of them they have courtesy cars too while your one is been repaired and if your a lady they wont take advantage of you ,their prices are very resonable too considering parts are expensive to replace, im (very very )happy with this garage ,cjt location ballybeg and here is their phone number incase you ever need it 0656843410 location only a few minutes from the centre of ennis town

Just got service on my Auris at cjt. I Was impressed when i landed in and they had the car washed and everything. total service was 185e and you could feel it driving. I used go to francie dalys but the last time, the dar had no umph. im glad its back now. and they reset the service warning on my dial... i get to see the time again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I can't recommend Charlie McEnery's garage enough. He is based in
    Old Mill Street behind Downes & Howards (Gala Store) - where Car Perfect used to be. He has a lot of experience and contacts in the trade as he worked for a number of different garages before setting up his own place. He is also mad in to Car Rallying. We get two cars serviced with him and we find that the service is fairly priced. He will also collect and return your car to the door or drop you to town etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I agree with the above recommendation - he does a very good job! (No connection, just a satisfied customer!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

how much does cjt and charlie mchenry charge for regular service anyway.thanks

I don't know, i emailed them for a full service because the car badly needed it. if you email them, they get back to you fairly sharpish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I needed a good bit more than just a service at Charlie McEnery's, so not sure what his rate for a routine service is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭heathercat

I have to agree with the previous postings. Charlie is fair and square, very (!) reasonable with what he charges and reliable to a fault. He's been looking after our 2 cars for over a year now and we can highly recommend him.

He's got a website with contact details etc.

http://www.charlie-mcenery.whatsonbiz.com/

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nadel302008

CharlieMcEnery is very good and honest ,he deals very quick and efficient if there is any kind of complaint. And he delivers a very good Customer service too.Had my Car with him now on several occasions and never felt being overcharged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blinkers1187

Hi Everyone,

Just want to let all ye know I recently got my 07 astra serviced at CJT Motor Service in ennis. I got a service done for €100. There was also a flashy light on the dash that wouldn't go way and they reset that too. I have to say they explained everything to me. They are very reliable and easy to talk to being a girl that knows nothing about cars i felt very welcome. They did an inspection of my car and had a list of small items that needed replacing. I was happy out with them cause they didnt go adding things to my car without my permission. I was happy driving away with my new wash sparkly car. :D:D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wawwa

Just joined Boards today. About 4 weeks ago I googled "car service in ennis" and came across this thread. My car had been giving me a lot of trouble and was overdue a service. On the basis of what I had read here, I decided to bring the car to Charlie McEnery.

As I know very little about cars, I am very wary of being ripped-off. The car needed a new Timing Belt also, as it had exceeded the age requirement for this procedure. Charlie explained everything to me. The charge for the service and belt seemed very reasonable.

I had my NCT this morning, and had brought the car back to Charlie yesterday to have the lights checked. He did this and removed the hubcaps also. He didn't charge me, and asked me to call in and let him know how I got on after the test. When I told him I'd passed he even offered to put the hubcaps back on.

A thorough professional and a gentleman, who charges reasonably, and is very concerned with looking after his customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

wawwa wrote: »
    Just joined Boards today. About 4 weeks ago I googled "car service in ennis" and came across this thread. My car had been giving me a lot of trouble and was overdue a service. On the basis of what I had read here, I decided to bring the car to Charlie McEnery.

As I know very little about cars, I am very wary of being ripped-off. The car needed a new Timing Belt also, as it had exceeded the age requirement for this procedure. Charlie explained everything to me. The charge for the service and belt seemed very reasonable.

I had my NCT this morning, and had brought the car back to Charlie yesterday to have the lights checked. He did this and removed the hubcaps also. He didn't charge me, and asked me to call in and let him know how I got on after the test. When I told him I'd passed he even offered to put the hubcaps back on.

A thorough professional and a gentleman, who charges reasonably, and is very concerned with looking after his customers.
    I started taking my car to Charlie's about five years ago when I lived and worked in Ennis. I now live approximately 45 minutes drive from Ennis but I still go to him to have my car serviced. I can't recommend him enough, he is nice guy and does a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elae

Just searching through these threads to see if anyone else has heard of this service.. I got a flyer in the door a few weeks ago ..i have been putting off getting my car serviced for a while now but rang him up (<snip>i think) and he gave me a time that suited and he came to my house and serviced the car-- very proffessional would def recommend-- it was real handy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Welcome to boards elae. Please don't post mobile numbers that aren't your own without names and information of the people, I'm sure if anyone wants the number they can PM you

• Advertisement
Advertisement