Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentary: The Chronoscope: RTÉ One

Options
  • 02-11-2010 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Charlotte Keppel was born and raised in Ireland. She was a self taught scientist and discovered the Chronoscope in the 1930s. The machine was denounced by the Catholic Church and many other organisations in the 1930s with people calling for the Machine to be destroyed. At this stage the Nazi had come to power in Germany and were interested in seeing their true Aryan past, they Kidnapped Keppel and tried to use her invention to spread their propaganda unfortunately it back fired showing the Germans to be descendant from barbarians. Keppel was fortunate to escape from the Nazi and made her way to Switerland.

Keppel is possibly one of Ireland most respected female scientists of the 20th Century and she and her invention had pretty much disappeared from History. The Documentary is well worth the look, well researched, nicely narrated by Jeremy Irons.
    I am easily fooled :o, hope you were too

I will post up a link to it if RTÉ put it on the Player.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Saw this in the Galway Film Fleadh a few years ago and it was brilliant. By far the best short I have seen.

When are RTE screening it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Saw this in the Galway Film Fleadh a few years ago and it was brilliant. By far the best short I have seen.

When are RTE screening it?

They screened it on Monday night. She was a wonderful woman I wonder what happened her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Ah - snap, I wanted to see this - will it be repeated?

Elmo wrote: »
    They screened it on Monday night. She was a wonderful woman I wonder what happened her?

It's a mystery. One of the great forgotten Irish patriots. Should have been in the reckoning for the Ireland's Greatest Person recently but once again RTE are ignoring great historical figures for the likes of Bono.

Disgraceful imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lostfox27

It's a mystery. One of the great forgotten Irish patriots. Should have been in the reckoning for the Ireland's Greatest Person recently but once again RTE are ignoring great historical figures for the likes of Bono.

Disgraceful imo.

Is this a bad joke or do some people actually think this waa reality
    ? WOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

lostfox27 wrote: »
    Is this a bad joke or do some people actually think this was reality
    ? WOW

Welcome to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

? WOW

You've not heard of sarcasm. Welcome to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lostfox27

? WOW

You've not heard of sarcasm. Welcome to boards.

Ya ok fair enough but im not used to forums and reading tone as oppossed to hearing it

? WOW

I stand by it all. You've obviously been sucked into the RTE sponsored conspiracy that is trying to erase on of our greatest ever patriots from the history books.

Shame on you.

Advertisement