Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thrashers out there?

Options
  • 11-10-2010 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey guys, just signed up so I dunno if this is the right board for this, but myself and a friend have formed a thrash band, and we're looking for a drummer and a bassist ranging from Dundalk to Maynooth. We have a decent bit of our own stuff written, but we'll also be covering Exodus, Megadeth, Annihilator, Accept, Sepultura, and Slayer.

He's heavily influenced by Alex Skolnick, Marty Friedman, Gary Holt, Brendon Small and Jeff Waters, and I'm influenced by Steve Sousa, Brendon Small, Rob Dukes, Rob Flynn, Philly Byrne, and Max Calvera to name a few(I'm on vox.).

Bands we'd both share a love of would be Venom, Detente, Annihilator, Gama Bomb, Megadeth, Slayer, 'Thrax, Municipal Waste, Exodus, Dethklok, and bonded by Blood.

If anyones interested, or knows any drummers or bassists looking to play some thrash, just send me a PM.

Thanks, Shovely.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

ShovelyJoe wrote: »
    just signed up so I dunno if this is the right board for this
    Welcome to Boards! I have moved your post to the Bands & Musicians forum, best of luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ShovelyJoe

Malice_ wrote: »
    Welcome to Boards! I have moved your post to the Bands & Musicians forum, best of luck with your search.

Thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

cool man, give me a shout when ye have it going and we'll sort out some gigs

gamgsam wrote: »
    cool man, give me a shout when ye have it going and we'll sort out some gigs

Sure thing mate. I just dunno anyone around my area who plays drums and is inta thrash. Tried lookin around Maynooth and my mate was lookin around Dundalk, and no joy

Bumpy.
    Dunno if ages matters, but I might as well add-I'm twenty and he's nineteen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

to be honest lads if i had the time i'd be there like a shot. best of luck finding who you need! (free bump)

DrumSteve wrote: »
    to be honest lads if i had the time i'd be there like a shot. best of luck finding who you need! (free bump)

Thanks dude :)

Ka-bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

still need a bassist? im based in city centre

Advertisement