Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PJ Nolan Champions Academy

• 11-10-2010 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Looking into getting a few lessons over the Winter and was wondering if anyone had worked with PJ Nolan at

http://pjnolanschampionsacademy.com/

have come across him a few times and seems a nice enough bloke.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

PJ is certainly the number one coach in Ireland at the moment, he coached abroad in the middle east and was very successful, his success continued on his return and most of the current top amateur players in Ireland will credit PJ for some part in their achievements.
    PJ normally works out of the Ivy Rooms in Carlow but I do know that he is flexible to travel.
    I did quite a few seminars with PJ over the years and found him an excellent coach.
    If you visit the RIBSA site at ribsa.ie on the coaching link you will find the list of coaches countrywide who coach privately and out of clubs.
    Best of Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Thanks a mil zack01 !

Have booked with PJ for early Nov. Cant come quick enough!

Was out with Pj yesterday for coaching in the Ivy Rooms. Loved it, great to see everything on screen. He gives loads of great practice drills to work on and explains everything very clearly. Would reccomend him 100% if anyone looking for lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Tin_Cup wrote: »
    Was out with Pj yesterday for coaching in the Ivy Rooms. Loved it, great to see everything on screen. He gives loads of great practice drills to work on and explains everything very clearly. Would reccomend him 100% if anyone looking for lessons.

Sounds good! was it like one of those golf lessons where you see on a screen where you are going wrong with your swing/stance? were you surprised at what he picked up on, i would love some advice from my own game..Id like too see what i am doing wrong from a pro's point of view. :)

• Advertisement

Pretty much spot on there Jesusinagalaza. Very similar to a golf lesson. PJ gets you to play a few shots while he videos then you sit down and go through the faults and how to change them. He breaks it down into phases and makes sure you fully understand what your doing and what should happen. Once you are getting a hang of the changes he will video tape again and the difference is amazing.

Changing the likes of my stance, position of bridge hand etc does feel a bit awkward but like any change takes a bit of getting used to. When I strike the ball now the difference in contact is amazing. Its a big confidance boost also knowing you are seting up correctly.

The lesson was 2hours and the time flew by. Cant wait to have gotten up to speed with the practice drills so can organise my next session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Tin_Cup wrote: »
    Pretty much spot on there Jesusinagalaza. Very similar to a golf lesson. PJ gets you to play a few shots while he videos then you sit down and go through the faults and how to change them. He breaks it down into phases and makes sure you fully understand what your doing and what should happen. Once you are getting a hang of the changes he will video tape again and the difference is amazing.

Changing the likes of my stance, position of bridge hand etc does feel a bit awkward but like any change takes a bit of getting used to. When I strike the ball now the difference in contact is amazing. Its a big confidance boost also knowing you are seting up correctly.

The lesson was 2hours and the time flew by. Cant wait to have gotten up to speed with the practice drills so can organise my next session

Thanks for the reply, I would love a few sessions myself to see where i am going wrong..Did you have to drive all the way to Carlow for this? would love to get a few lessons in before Christmas!

Alan

Yep I went to Carlow but its only 35mins from my house in Kildare on motorway (Actually closer then where I normally play in the Spawell). PJ does travel to give lessons also but you would need to pay for mileage (not sure what kind of rate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Post in error - wrong forum - deleted

Advertisement