Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-10-2010, 13:43   #1
Freiheit

LGBT friendly Hair/Beauty Salons?

Just curious as to whether there is any who target this market specificaly?. While I've no problem going anywhere, someone targeting this audience could be more understanding of needs (In my case Transgender/gender queer).
Danke schoen.
F

Last edited by Freiheit; 06-10-2010 at 13:47.
Advertisement
06-10-2010, 17:45   #2
Eebs

There was a number for a few individual stylists going around and also a a few girls from a salon who were totally great about the Trans thing but I honestly don't remember since it didn't really appeal to me. However I think they have those peoples contact info at the support group at outhouse or you could try TENI.

I'm positive there are some out there. I'm just sorry I can't remember their names.
06-10-2010, 18:49   #3
Freiheit

That's ok...don't want to ghettoise myself anyway....
06-10-2010, 20:55   #4
electrobi

Ultimate Hair and Beauty in GPO arcade is great. They don't target any group specifically but they're quite open. I had long hair and asked for a shorter style and undercut so they sent me downstairs to the barber whom I was telling I was going to a skate park so he shaved a sweet tag on the side of my head. Also when they were a little emptier they played my song requests \m/
07-10-2010, 18:20   #5
deirdre_dub

I went to The Room in Aungier Street - John, who works there on Tuesdays (I think), is great, and he's about as LGBT-friendly as they get.
Advertisement
07-10-2010, 19:58   #6
Eebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdre_dub View Post
I went to The Room in Aungier Street - John, who works there on Tuesdays (I think), is great, and he's about as LGBT-friendly as they get.

That's the guy! He was the one who was recommend in the support group. He is really nice.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Share Tweet