Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gambling Forums Day Out! (28th November)

Options
  • 02-10-2010 6:02pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Just gauging interest on who'd be up for a day at the races at the end of November. There's some very good NH racing at Fairyhouse with 3 Grade 1's on the Sunday of the meeting. It's on the 28th of November and it should be a top day at the races.

(Click for info)

Sunday's probably not the best day with work and college being on the next day but it's the worth taking a day off for this!

We could head back into the City for a night out on the town also, for anyone who's interested in that too.

So, who'd be up for it?

What will you do? (Public Poll) 8 votes

I'll go to the Racing but not out on a session!
    0%
    I'll go to both and blow all my money.
    0%
    I'll do neither.
    50%
    colly_06supremenovicex PyRocoach22 4 votes
    I'll see when the time comes.
    50%
    dotsflanUrbanSea8-103hn2givr7mx1sc 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Great idea.I voted Ill see when the time comes and thats exactly what I'll do!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Im wait and see as well. The logistics of getting up there/staying over etc could pose a problem. But if I do make it a session will definately be on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Im wait and see as well. The logistics of getting up there/staying over etc could pose a problem. But if I do make it a session will definately be on the cards.

Why,will you be bringing a bottle of your finest!!?

rnEdRAIHvfzJlkdGWBzBEd-30.jpg

Lol. And some brandy with it for the cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'd definitely hit town, as for the races I'd have to see about work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Gah, ye baxtards.:(
    Have fun.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

x PyRo wrote: »
    Evening all,

Just gauging interest on who'd be up for a day at the races at the end of November. There's some very good NH racing at Fairyhouse with 3 Grade 1's on the Sunday of the meeting. It's on the 28th of November and it should be a top day at the races.

(Click for info)

Sunday's probably not the best day with work and college being on the next day but it's the worth taking a day off for this!

We could head back into the City for a night out on the town also, for anyone who's interested in that too.

So, who'd be up for it?

I'll go if you pick my horses for me.

• Moderators Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I'll do neither.
    It's a deal. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Would love to go and meet up with everyone (plus get Pyro to win money for me :p) but I am out of town that weekend

Yeah actually that's Thanksgiving weekend, will be in the States with the OH's family. Sounds like fun though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I'm going for definite. Not gonna bring the car this time though for obvious reasons. Don't know for sure about the session. These things can only be certified on the day IMO

Sunday 28th November
    FEATURING 3 GRADE 1 RACES

__________Prices_________
    €20 - Adult

€16 - Group * Group Rate - group rate of 20% discount applies to groups of 20+

Free - OAP

€10 - Student

Getting to Fairyhouse by Car

From the North
    Follow Motorway (M1) and Road (N1) to Drogheda. Follow signs to Duleek to leave by Mary Street (R152). At junction with R150 keep forward, at junction with N2 turn Left (signposted Dublin). Turn right at junction with R155 (signposted Ratoath). Forward over crossroads at Ratoath and Fairyhouse Racecourse is located on the left.

From Dublin
    From the City Centre take N3 towards Navan, passing Blanchardstown Shopping Centre on your left. Proceed for approx. 6 miles on the new M3 and take EXIT 5 for Ratoath/Fairyhouse. Follow signs for Fairyhouse, turn right onto R155 and proceed for two miles. Fairyhouse Racecourse is located on the right.

From the West
    After Enfield take Motorway (M4) Dublin. At roundabout (signposted M50 Northbound) take first exit to join Motorway (M50). Proceed through toll exiting onto N3 (Cavan/Navan). Proceed forward for approx. 6 miles on the new M3 and take EXIT 5 for Ratoath / Fairyhouse. Follow signs for Fairyhouse, turn right onto R155 and proceed for two miles. Fairyhouse Racecourse is located on the right.

From the South
    Take N7 towards Dublin, at Red Cow roundabout take M50 Northbound. Proceed through toll exiting onto N3 (Cavan/Navan). Proceed forward for approx. 6 miles on the new M3 and take EXIT 5 for Ratoath / Fairyhouse. Follow signs for Fairyhouse, turn right onto R155 and proceed for two miles. Fairyhouse Racecourse is located on the right.

Getting to Fairyhouse by Public Transport

Bus Eireann run a return shuttle service from Dublin to the racecourse specifically for race days. Contact Bus Eireann on 01 8366111 for time tables.

A service also operates to Ratoath 7 days a week, stopping at the top entrance to the racecourse. See the attached timetable for more information Bus Eireann Ratoath service.

Fairyhouse Racecouse Train Service

The new M3 Parkway train station recently opened connecting Fairyhouse Racecourse with Connolly Station Dublin. Trains take approximately 30 minutes. A free shuttle bus service will operate between the station and Fairyhouse Racecourse. The complimentary service will be available this Saturday 9th October for trains departing Connolly at 12.10pm, 13.10pm and 14.10pm. The first race is 14.10pm. A return service will operate before and after the last race.

For more information see www.fairyhouseracecourse.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Voted i'll see as i'm not sure if i'll be in Ireland then. Could be going over to the US for Thanksgiving. November 25th. Mate might have a spare ticket if him and the misses stay broke up.

Tenner in for a student, not bad. Notice nobody has voted about just going to the racing, bunch of alcoholics.:D

I'll do neither.
    So we've 3 so far.

Woohoo?

:pac:

Nulty as per the other thread I still dont know how to get there. Trains on 9th of October dont really help. Might try and fit a Spanish trip into it so I only have to spend one night in Dublin. Still gonna be last minute for me Im afraid.

I hear coughlan's buying a few rounds ;)

It would be interesting to see a screenshot of that receipt :-o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

It's a maybe from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

May I propose another day out,maybe the Lexus Chase day at Leopardstown over Christmas? Or one of those days anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

And what about our pre xmas party everybody?

I'll do neither.
    I probably won't be able to make any Christmas shindig.

Looks like this will be a no-goer.

Two weeks from today folks...you'd better win a few bets if your gonna be able to afford it! It could get messy.

(Bring wimmins if you can!)

Nulty wrote: »
    Two weeks from today folks...you'd better win a few bets if your gonna be able to afford it! It could get messy.

(Bring wimmins if you can!)

That rules me out :-( Border Collie Bitch any good?

Won't be making the racing or the afters if there is any, stuck in work 12-9.:mad:

Maybe you could try swap shifts with someone

That rules me out :-( Border Collie Bitch any good?

Nah, I should have said no dogs!

Maybe you could try swap shifts with someone

One disadvantage of working in a shop with only 4 employees, taking into account the manager doesn't work on Sundays, the assistant manager tries not to work Sundays and that 2 employees need to work weekend shifts.:mad:

• Advertisement

Jaysus it is a very decent card. I might be back in if people are still doing this? Not hitting the States this week after all.

Advertisement