Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed Revolt, Coup d'état Would you support it?

Options
  • 30-09-2010 10:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

The time has long since passed for action against Fianna Fail which has taken one of the best performing economies in the World and put us on a par with a debt ridden 3rd world country.

For 800 long years we fought British Rule, this government has overseen the greatest robbery of wealth from the working and middle classes since the Plantations of Ireland under the British Crown.

Fianna Fail has committed Treason against the people and must be removed from office and punished harshly. They cannot be allowed to get away with this. If Ireland was under British rule today and this was happening we would more than happy to rebel and fight for our rights. We must fight these Traitors and get them out when the system of checks and balances in our democracy and constitution have failed to protect the country from the level of economic pillage.

My family before me fought for our freedom and died in the process and seeing what is happening now I would be prepared to put my life on the line and fight to remove these treasonous criminals from office. I can't emigrate and any hopes of becoming successful in life have been destroyed by these criminals and Ireland is now in the same place as we were under British occupation.

Ireland needs you,

Are you man enough?

Do you support direct armed action against the Government? 263 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 263 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Support? I tried to incite one!

I want Terry in Charge, that way when I get naked while drunk he can't complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

if this was still the days of old, i would have wanted to take lead. nowadays i don't have much faith in anyone, let alone the government. find a team who can do the job better and i'll think hard about giving some support.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Stinicker wrote: »
    Are you man enough?

Are transvestites allowed to join in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Are transvestites allowed to join in?

Man, Women, Transsexulas, Hermaphrodites, We are all Irish and the situation is very grave. We are in the days of old now in what is happening and no country in Modern society would tolerate this mass robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Stinicker wrote: »
    The time has long since passed for action against Fianna Fail which has taken one of the best performing economies in the World and put us on a par with a debt ridden 3rd world country.

For 800 long years we fought British Rule, this government has overseen the greatest robbery of wealth from the working and middle classes since the Plantations of Ireland under the British Crown.

Fianna Fail has committed Treason against the people and must be removed from office and punished harshly. They cannot be allowed to get away with this. If Ireland was under British rule today and this was happening we would more than happy to rebel and fight for our rights. We must fight these Traitors and get them out when the system of checks and balances in our democracy and constitution have failed to protect the country from the level of economic pillage.

My family before me fought for our freedom and died in the process and seeing what is happening now I would be prepared to put my life on the line and fight to remove these treasonous criminals from office. I can't emigrate and any hopes of becoming successful in life have been destroyed by these criminals and Ireland is now in the same place as we were under British occupation.

Ireland needs you,

Are you man enough?

I will not support any despicable act that is just as wrong as what I am opposing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Yes if we revolt and replace the current government all that debt just disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Stinicker.......................you got any guns?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

And replace the current government with who exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

KINGVictor wrote: »
    I will not support any despicable act that is just as wrong as what I am opposing.

So you beleive that they should be allowed go scot free? You and your thinking is what has allowed things to get out of hand. People must wake up and realise that Fianna Fail must be made to pay.

Do you think it was wrong for the IRA to fight the British Army in the War of Independence?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What will be our economic policy?

Fine Gael/Labour support NAMA, so I fail to see what they can do differently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

And replace the current government with who exactly?

Stnicker ofc.

*Stnicker you better not be Brian Cowen :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,489 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Armed action? Are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

dramatic much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Yes I would support a revolt. I believe the only way unfortunately is the use of violence at this stage. It is worrying how many Irish people are willing to lie down and take all this, no wonder we are getting screwed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Lost me at 800 years.

Yes I would support a revolt. I believe the only way unfortunately is the use of violence at this stage. It is worrying how many Irish people are willing to lie down and take all this, no wonder we are getting screwed :(

No, violence will not solve anything. It will just give a reason for the Government to arrest and lock people up. Gardaí will clash with protestors resulting no go areas etc etc.

Peaceful protesting is the only way to go. If 100,00 people or more sat in front of the Daíl refusing to move until something is sorted that would certainly get some attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

jdooley28 wrote: »
    dramatic much?

i disagree, nothing else seems to be getting through. armed revolt is a bit OTT, but forceful protest are needed.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    No, violence will not solve anything. It will just give a reason for the Government to arrest and lock people up. Gardaí will clash with protestors resulting no go areas etc etc.

Peaceful protesting is the only way to go. If 100,00 people or more sat in front of the Daíl refusing to move until something is sorted that would certainly get some attention.

The government would laugh at your peaceful protest. History tells us that revolutions are bloody

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

OP did you consider contacting the A-Team?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Yes I would agree - if the army brought in:

On The street Execution for Treason that would include political banksterism, and those in jail for unprovoked murder, sexual predatorism, drug dealing on a non personal scale

the revoking of all TD status and pension

the outlawing of membership to all present political parties

immediate removeal from the country of non national criminals, romas, and immigrants without established reason for stay of removal

revoking of the Lisbon and Nice treaty sign up (as per first vote)

removal from the Euro on non establishment of agreement of bail out from the Euro bank and IMF without forced enslavery of Irish citizens

and the re-establishment of oath to the nation over bank or the EU

lets go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

LOL.

The government would laugh at your peaceful protest. History tells us that revolutions are bloody

They would laugh at 100, 000 people blocking any politician from entering Leinster House?

Would they laugh if people stopped working to join the cause?

classic - home for tea mammys boys

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Mankyspuds

Seriously!!!! A Coup! Look, if we had a situation where we had a people "disappearing" for being vocal against the government maybe then, but over trying to manage an economy thats on its knees during a recession is another matter. If it was France or Spain a million people would be clogging the capital in massive protest, trawlers blocking the ports, trucks blocking the roads and librarians burning books :eek::eek: (kidding on the librarians). That is how you bring down a government, People Power not a silly coup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

i wanna know what kind of gun I get to have
    and if i can be the one to 'arrest' ivor callelly

Just realised a coup by the Irish Army - LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

fat lazy over paid dad's army lying around bases in Ireland - LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

IvySlayer wrote: »
    They would laugh at 100, 000 people blocking any politician from entering Leinster House?

Would they laugh if people stopped working to join the cause?

Where do you expect 100,000 people do come from ?
    I have seen no evidence of these numbers at any protests so far
    Most people dont seem to give a sh*t , or even if they do, they couldnt be bothered to protest

Most people dont seem to give a sh*t , or even if they do, they couldnt be bothered to protest

too much flouride as per the gulags and jewish areas pre death camp extraction

ps not joking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Mankyspuds wrote: »
    Seriously!!!! A Coup! Look, if we had a situation where we had a people "disappearing" for being vocal against the government maybe then, but over trying to manage an economy thats on its knees during a recession is another matter. If it was France or Spain a million people would be clogging the capital in massive protest, trawlers blocking the ports, trucks blocking the roads and librarians burning books :eek::eek: (kidding on the librarians). That is how you bring down a government, People Power not a silly coup.

If a third of the currently unemployed resolved to camp outside of Leinster house (a la the Orange Revolution), and completely surround the block until elections were called, the whole thing would take less than a week. Like the Ukrainians, you might end up with a shower of morons afterwards as well, but at least you would have tried something.

Actually that would be pretty awesome because once it got started I think half of Dublin would turn out to supply food, blankets, etc. Too bad the under 30s are so apathetic...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement