Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past Website Client

Options
  • 27-09-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

This is a very strange situation that I just don't know wether to go over the top angry at or just laugh it off.

I created a webiste over 3 years ago of a guy I know. He paid me for the work that I had done and we left it that he would use the website and anything he wanted changed we would work on overtime. After a year or so he let the domain go and cancelled the hosting, so as with a lot of sites I figured that was that and it just didn't work out for him.

Today, over 3 years later, I get a letter from him saying he was never happy with the website and he wants his money back as he's going on holidays in a few weeks.

As far as I'm concered he paid me for the work that was done, even if he didn't like it, which was never said at the time I still had to be paid for my work.

Does anyone know if he has a leg to stand on or am I right in thinking he's just chancing his arm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

What a chancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Don't even dignify his letter with a reply - pure chancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I'd just laugh it off.Record it and send it to him so he can listen to it on his ipod on his holidays.

Chancer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

lol...

Chancing his arm given the way things are these days...no hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

a quick chat with a solicitor would sort everything out, but he's probably just chancing his arm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

he probably has very little to argue - have you been in contact with him since you created the website ? and has he complained previously ?

its a bit strange that he would wait 3yrs to complain - personally I would not ignore his letter, is it from him directly ..or from a solicitor ? send him a letter of acknowledgement ... basically ...

" we're writing to you in acknowledgement of your correspondence which we received on X day .... we were unaware you were unsatisfied with the work carried out and would appreciate if you would tell us why the first we hear if your disappointment is three years after all works were complete and payments received

- our normal policy is to provide a satisfactory service - if you were unhappy prior to work completion we may have been in a position to deal with a complaint within 6/9/12 months of completion - however given the delay of 3years we are unable to facilitate a complaint about our work"

Basically - if you had a problem - let us know ASAP - if you complain several years later - nothing we can do.
    EDIT:
    HOLD UP - he wants his money back because he's going on holidays ??? - ask him for the time you spent on the project back ...and you will give him his money back ....sounds like a chancer who's been getting advice from friends in the pub

Advertisement