Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to the Future Paradox

Options
  • 22-09-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Ok so this thought popped into my head,

Say Marty did get off with his mother and all that,

and say they had sex and he impregnated her.

When he would then disappear would all traces of him disappear too?

Would the pregnant Lorraine lose the baby as Martys sperm never existed?

Or would it be too far gone in creating a new life?

Would Marty and Lorraines love child be 16 votes

Normal healthy baby
    0% 0 votes
    Inbred freak
    18% 3 votes
    Super Time baby
    81% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Probably would have created a paradox. If he slept with his mother, she most likely wouldn't have gotten together with George. Even if they had gotten together and George raised Marty's kid as their own, chances are the date of Marty's conception would have changed. Therefore, Marty would never have been born, which meant he never would have gone back in time, causing a paradox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

they would probably have a red haired cartoon character who is friends with a robot

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Original Timeline - Marty is born to his mother and father. He grows up, and goes back in time and bangs his mom. Here's where the timelines split.

Timeline 1 - He would eventually return to his own (original) timeline, horribly scarred for life after banging his mother.

Timeline 2 - He gets his mother pregnant, resulting in her never getting with George, and a different timeline occuring. Both would exist, simultaneously.

I've put way too much thought into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Kiith wrote: »
    Original Timeline - Marty is born to his mother and father. He grows up, and goes back in time and bangs his mom. Here's where the timelines split.

Timeline 1 - He would eventually return to his own (original) timeline, horribly scarred for life after banging his mother.

Timeline 2 - He gets his mother pregnant, resulting in her never getting with George, and a different timeline occuring. Both would exist, simultaneously.

I've put way too much thought into this.

But what if after doing her, he never exists, does the child still exist and is it then born as inbred? But how can it be inbred if he never existed, so does the child exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I try and steer clear of time travelling films for this reason. They're just too confusing. Terminator is geting very confusing at this stage. Wait the kid John Connor saves turns out to be the soldier he sends back to save his mother who then becomes his father.

• Advertisement

Terminator is straightforward to follow :D if you don't think on some parts of it too much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Obviously, a number of parallel universes, alternate realities come in to existence and branching into independent time lines that have no effect on each other.

Aren't they teaching kids any science in School anymore ??????

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah, he'd be grand. It'd all work out. Ask this lad :

futurama_fry_chewing.gif

knird evol wrote: »
    Obviously, a number of parallel universes, alternate realities come in to existence and branching into independent time lines that have no effect on each other.

Aren't they teaching kids any science in School anymore ??????

No in school we skipped over this for cold fusion :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

they would probably have a red haired cartoon character who is friends with a robot
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ah, he'd be grand. It'd all work out. Ask this lad :

futurama_fry_chewing.gif

No no no no.... Fry is his own grandfather, not father.... that would be sick! :P

• Advertisement

also Fry had to go back in time for him to exist. If he didn't he would never have been born,

If he went and didnt deliver the pizza that night in 99 he would of never existed perhaps. Or bender would have thrown a bottle at him due to a rip in time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Anyone else reading all these theories in a Doc Brown voice? It's just easier to understand when you imagine him saying it.

Great Scott!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

"I'm standing at the time portal, which scientists say, follows 'Terminator' rules. That is, it's one way only and you can't go back. This is in contrast to, say, 'Back To The Future' rules, where back and forth is possible, and of course 'Timerider' rules, which are just plain silly."
    Reporter, South Park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

it wouldve just been the case that he was always his own father due to causal loop, he wouldve ****ed off back home and she wouldve got with his (not really) daddy and told him it was his kid...so getting home nothing would be different except he'd know he rode his own mother

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*woosh*

from a time before thanks buttons comes a thread that quotes someone who went too deep into back to the future's time travel

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054993211&highlight=marty

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ very interesting, I only read the first Marty II part, the other ones look way to confusing for this hour of the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

One that always flummoxed me was, who invented the early rock n roll sound? Marty McFly or Chuck Berry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I love this.....................
    Holy-Crap-of-the-Day-Whats-that-Back-To-The-Future-229.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Funkfield wrote: »

GREAT SCOTT!

• Advertisement

Before CGI when that was thought out ahead of time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

allanb49 wrote: »
    But what if after doing her, he never exists, does the child still exist and is it then born as inbred? But how can it be inbred if he never existed, so does the child exist?

you want a head fcuk ?

if he never existed how did he stop his ma falling for his da in the first place (he pushed him out of the way of the car remember) ?

the natural out in these situation is to say "alternate timeline", but marty actually starts to FADE in the first film so clearly what he did there had consequees for himself (and that pine tree :) .

i vote no baby .

in fact after he faded the 55 timeline probably wouldve reset, allowing marty to be born - go back - and do it all over again.

everyone marty met would probaby be caught in a never ending time loop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Funkfield wrote: »

Jaysus, never noticed that before! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ya, that's an awesome bit of forethought. First heard of it on James Rolfe's BTTF Trilogy Review ;) Give it a watch!

Link : images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXXLRrsz8PQjQmLld47pl2_qkk14zu57LYroS2bDzBjpOENKs&t=1&usg=__HDZUzELYV_CBDVSxPJGM9THdDqU=

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

my head starts to hurt when i think about time travel so I try not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Frikkin nerds. It's ONLY a movie !!!

(ok, so it's the most awesomeness of all movies, but a movie none the less)

Now stop putting ick in my favourite movie.

Advertisement