Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does UPC block Megaupload traffic?

Options
  • 20-09-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I can get onto www.megaupload.com but whenever I try download something from MU it just won't load.

Is this a temporary problem or is it permanent?
    If so, is there a work around?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

No. Never had a problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They don't block anything, as far as I know. Maybe try changing your DNS server, as I use OpenDNS and have never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

Really? It's weird cos I went into my account settings on Megaupload and changed my port from 80 to 800 and it started working.

Which is fine for when I download through Firefox but a lot of the time I use JDownloader and MegaManager, can someone tell me how to change my port in those? Would I need to set up a proxy or something?
    Cheers for you input btw!

I checked this on a random MU file last night, and it downloaded fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I know this is an old thread but rather than start another I'd like to know is anyone else having this problem. 3 members if my family are all having trouble with Megaupload and they're all 3 on UPC. I Am on Vodafone at home and I have no issues. We are all using lifetime premium accounts so should all get full speeds.
    Does anyone know, could this be a firewall on the UPC router???? They were all getting full speeds previously and only 1 has updated their router firmware.

Hope someone can help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

For me, the problem fixed itself within a few days. I had just registered with UPC when I started this thread though.

Maybe just wait it out for a bit. It was doing my head in at the time because it seemed like no1 else had a problem and I couldn't find a solution anywhere.

Changing the port did help though as far as I can remember. Just log in to the Megaupload accounts and change it from 80 to 800 and see if that works for now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blamort

Hello guys,

Same issue since 1 month.

Saw same happens in France with provider Orange.

Apparently, it works for theses guys if you use Google DNS (8.8.8.8 or 2nd 8.8.8.4) or through a vpn. (try hostshield, free and working vpn).

i'm gonna test theses solutions tonight and keep you updated.

Blams

New UPC Speed issues thread here. All posts there from now on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement