General boards rules and policies apply of course.
Please do these things:
Exercise common sense.
Be nice and helpful.
Please don't do these things:
- 1. Posts linking to illegal or inappropriate material (warez, porn etc.)
- 2. Commercial or site spamming, shilling etc.
- 3. Abusive posts, flaming, baiting etc.
- 4. Blatently dragging threads off-topic
- 5. Attention-seeking, particularly when you're not funny
- 6. Please don't chain-post garbage in the middle of a thread. If you want to have a conversation with someone, PM them or go on IRC.
- 7. Feel free to let others know about your fun thing/event in response to a request for something, but starting a thread to pimp your event is not allowed. This goes for ANY type of event. This is a discussion board, not a poster wall. For music events, read the Gigs\Events forum charter and see if you should post there instead.
- 8. Do not post anything potentially defamatory or libellous about businesses or people. 'Free Speech' is vetoed by the welfare of Boards.ie.
For instance do not post anti-recommendations, if you don't like a place then do not post here to let people know.
Service/food experiences are too subjective to be reliable and frankly, we don't know you well enough to know your reasons to put a place down.
If you have a problem with a business and need advice, please use Consumer Issues forum. If someone asks for recommendations, don't use the opportunity to mention places that have "wronged" you. Take it up with the manager instead of the internet.
- 9. Do not use derogatory terms when referring to members of racial, ethnic or cultural groups.
- 10. Txt spk, don't use it here, it's harder to read and you have a full keyboard in front of you.
- 11. Don't promote companies when you're new. It'll just look like you're trying to drum up business for them. Once you've become an established poster it's more ok to promote various companies.
- 12. No backseat modding. If you feel a post violates this Charter, click the report button in the lower left hand corner of their post, and state your reasons in the report window provided when it opens.
- 13. No in-thread discussion of moderation. If you need clarification of this Charter, or wish to discuss actions taken that pertain to moderation, PM the moderator.
The penalty for doing any of the above ranges from warnings, editing posts, deletion of posts/threads, PMs, banishment from the forum and ultimately being banned from Boards.ie itself and you possibly being slung over Wolfetone Bridge by your socks.
All things buy/sell www.adverts.ie
For tickets (buy/sell) www.toutless.com and/or the ticket section on www.adverts.ie
For any accommodation/property you could try Galway Advertiser or www.daft.ie or Accommodation forum.
The forum is a discussion forum, not a poster wall.
A thread that is more suitable in another forum will be moved there at a moderators discretion
Look in specialised forum like Fashion, Food, Motors, etc before posting.
Please don't post addresses, emails or phone numbers as this forum is public (not even official numbers or mails) - instead link to an outside website or use the PM function.
If you have a problem with a post, thread or user, use the 'Report Bad Post' icon () or PM one of the mods, listed at the bottom-right of the forum. Do not post your issues in the thread as it will derail the thread.
If you have a problem with a decision made by one of the mods on this board, PM them first and discuss. There is a reason they decided a certain way.
Escalate the issue to all the forum mods if you're not satisfied, and then the Category mod if you can't get no sat-is-fac-tion.
In the event you're feeling particularly confident or injured, you can raise it with the Admins. It shouldn't come to that.