Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Domain Search Site

• 17-09-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭

We've put this together in the last couple of days and would love to get some feedback: http://getpersonalwith.me/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I think it's a good idea, to encourage and facilitate people to buy their own .me. I do think the site could carry the message a lot more effectively though.

Pictorially illustrate some examples of why one would want their own .me, to get the imagination going;
    • Business card
    • Portfolio site
    • Blog
    • To use as a link to all their social profiles (Twitter/FB/LinkedIn or whatever else)
    • Investment/Protection (to guard someone else from defaming them - could include a funny story such as the bertieahern.com fiasco)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Cianos wrote: »

Thanks for the feedback

Thankfully it's still in beta :) and we've a few bits and bobs to add in.

The showcase being one of the things hopefully being improved upon with more examples and getting to be a bit more visual /shiny shortly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Could have some blurb on the Pro's of .me either on the homepage instead of some of the selections or on a seperate page.

I'd reproportion the elements in the fpregister box to make them appear more symmetrical and fill the grey space on the right a bit more. The price badge's border style could be more similar to the submit button (stroke/shadow).

The favicon wasn't appearing on one page, can't find it again though.

No 404 page.

As you're in launch mode, you need floating balloons;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I like the idea of marketing .me as the location for a single page CV site.

Made a few changes to the site

- Pagination of results
    - Case study has been fleshed out a bit
    - 404 added
    - Front page text / info added

tricky D wrote: »
    Could have some blurb on the Pro's of .me either on the homepage instead of some of the selections or on a seperate page.

Added in some text / h tags :) though some more research on keywords / text needed
    I'd reproportion the elements in the fpregister box to make them appear more symmetrical and fill the grey space on the right a bit more. The price badge's border style could be more similar to the submit button (stroke/shadow).

Will sort out the Badge and make it a bit shinier

And noted that there is blank space on it
    The favicon wasn't appearing on one page, can't find it again though.

Should have had a / before the favicon code hopefully sorted now
    No 404 page.

That should be sorted as well thanks (I'm always forgetting to add in 404 pages :o
    As you're in launch mode, you need floating balloons;)

no comment (trust me it's best that way) :P

But seriously thanks for the feedback :)
    Trojan wrote: »

Any good examples of 1 page CV sites ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

To add to Forbairt's comments ...

We'd also love to get more examples of nice implementations / uses of .me domains by people ie. not businesses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭AMPSound

forbairt wrote: »
    Any good examples of 1 page CV sites ? :)

http://eoin.o-grady.com/

AMPSound wrote: »

Thanks Eoin but we're specifically looking for .me examples in this case as the site is all about .me :)

Trojan wrote: »
    Blacknight wrote: »
    We'd also love to get more examples of nice implementations / uses of .me domains by people ie. not businesses
    forbairt wrote: »
    we're specifically looking for .me examples in this case as the site is all about .me :)

My motto is JFDI, so I built one in 30 minutes on the train down to Limerick as a demo for UL students, it is based on a ThemeForest template.

.ME one page CV/Resume Example

I'll be putting a video online which includes the site build, will edit the link in here when that's up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Why does it open at the center of the page? Just out of curiosity? Maybe its my browser or something :/

Oh and can I put a domain on hold until I get back to work in November? Or just hope its not taken...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

lil_lisa wrote: »
    Why does it open at the center of the page? Just out of curiosity? Maybe its my browser or something :/

What do you mean?
    Oh and can I put a domain on hold until I get back to work in November? Or just hope its not taken...
    No. You either register a domain or you don't :)

I know :P

Trojan's site is opening in the center of the page as opposed to the top of the page. Actually, looking at it, it only happens in Chrome!

And Safari

I know :P

Trojan's site is opening in the center of the page as opposed to the top of the page. Actually, looking at it, it only happens in Chrome!

Hey lil_lisa, I think this is fixed now - can you verify it for me? (Link)

Spot on!

Ok, I'm registering, even if I don't get anything up yet, you guys have me sold!

Advertisement