Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atheists=Nazis apparently

Options
  • 17-09-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11332515

So the Pope, buffoon that he is, has made claims that athiesm is akin to the Nazi way of thinking, I supposed he would have first hand knowledge of Nazi thinking, having been one and all that...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think that's an unfair reading of what he said. he said the nazis were atheists, not that atheists are nazis.

it was an idiotic enough thing of him to say without needing the lily gilded by claiming he said something he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Damn extreme atheists bombing churches and assassinating bishops.

Hang on a second...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Dougla2

He said: "Even in our own lifetimes we can recall how Britain and her leaders stood against a Nazi tyranny that wished to eradicate God from society and denied our common humanity to many, especially the Jews, who were thought unfit to live.

"As we reflect on the sobering lessons of atheist extremism of the 20th century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

sounds like he is likening them to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

This is the most telling quote IMO.
    "As we reflect on the sobering lessons of atheist extremism of the 20th century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Atheist Extremism = writing books and strongly worded letters to politicians.
    Sobering indeed.

Then again I suppose that is how Hitler started off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

i will never understand how this fecking lunatic of the highest order can spout this kind of bollocks and yet thousands of people still worship him.

anyone who read Mein Kampf will know hitler believed in a god.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hey, the article in post #1 is invoking Godwin's Law.
    Is that some kind of a record?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

krudler wrote: »
    So the Pope, buffoon that he is, has made claims that athiesm is akin to the Nazi way of thinking...

Hmm... gimme such renowned 'Nazi minded thinkers' as Carl Sagan and Douglas Adams, over your lot any day Benny.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Amusing David Quinn rant in the Indo today.

Yes David spot on the money as usual, of course the anger being vented at the pope being completely orchestrated by the liberal secularist pope bashing agenda, nothing to do with his handling of child abuse scandals whatsover.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/david-quinn-socalled-liberals-have-now-joined-the-paisley-crusade-2341139.html

Also has he just invented a new phrase?

"militant gay activists" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"Those Nazi's, always dressing in black and telling people what to do....oh wait"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭stbrennan

This pope is a total mess.

The church had the power to give their opinion on everything 20 years ago.
    Its coming to the stage where they don't even have the power to give their opinion on Christianity.
    Atheism is rapidly rising due to his given opinions.

Basically Christianity is the TV show "24".
    Atheists are Jack Bauer.
    The Catholic Church are the terrorists/bad guys.

Its gonna take a while but atheism will come out on top :D

/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭stbrennan

"Those Nazi's, always dressing in black and telling people what to do....oh wait"

No Dougal, Facists dress in black and go around tell people what to do where as preists.........nevermind..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

stbrennan wrote: »
    Basically Christianity is the TV show "24".
    Atheists are Jack Bauer.
    The Catholic Church are the terrorists/bad guys.

Well I'll be... a case where the term militant atheist is apt!

marco_polo wrote: »
    Amusing David Quinn rant in the Indo today.

Yes David spot on the money as usual, of course the anger being vented at the pope being completely orchestrated by the liberal secularist pope bashing agenda, nothing to do with his handling of child abuse scandals whatsover.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/david-quinn-socalled-liberals-have-now-joined-the-paisley-crusade-2341139.html

Also has he just invented a new phrase?

"militant gay activists" :eek:

He's always quick to point out the hatred aimed at the Catholic Church, but never seems to admit that by and large there are very good reasons for it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

i think that's an unfair reading of what he said. he said the nazis were atheists, not that atheists are nazis.

it was an idiotic enough thing of him to say without needing the lily gilded by claiming he said something he didn't.

It's wrong either way... the Nazis weren't atheists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

That's mad, Nazis dress up in black and go around telling people what to do. Priests...oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

"Rarrrhhhh! The pope is dumb and he is stupid and he doesn't know anything. He is a nazi and he orchestrated child abuse! Arrrrgh he hates gays and women and he hates everything. He even hates condoms and people in Africa. He is so stupid. I hate the pope. Oh and I'm so intelligent and smart and wise."

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Dougla2

veritable wrote: »
    "Rarrrhhhh! The pope is dumb and he is stupid and he doesn't know anything. He is a nazi and he orchestrated child abuse! Arrrrgh he hates gays and women and he hates everything. He even hates condoms and people in Africa. He is so stupid. I hate the pope. Oh and I'm so intelligent and smart and wise."

yeah of course hes right, ****ing atheists not liking child abuse and what not, illogical bastards

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The one-eyed secularist rules and his cry is Paisley's one: 'No Pope here!'

oppressed.PNG

It didn't surprise me in the slightest when I saw who thanked this tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

What age are you?

What age are you?

Obviously not a specific reference to anybody on this thread but the way people go on about the pope is ridiculous. It's incredibly puerile.
    You'd swear he was the devil incarnate and not God's representitive on earth.
    The way people talk about him as though he is an ignorant senile imbecile. The man is far more intelligent than anybody on this website. But you don't get that impression by reading many of the posts.

Obviously not a specific reference to anybody on this thread but the way people go on about the pope is ridiculous. It's incredibly puerile.
    The way people talk about him as though he is an ignorant senile imbecile. The man is far more intelligent than anybody on this website. But you don't get that impression by reading many of the posts.

You mean condoms DO cause AIDS?

Well colour me corrected.

You'd be hard pressed to find any A&A regulars who think he's the devil incarnate. A paedophile enabler on the other hand....

You mean condoms DO cause AIDS?

Well colour me corrected.

In fairness, I don't think the Pope believes that. However, if he could get other people to believe it it would certainly help his agenda.

He also politicked his way into the Galactic Senate and set in motion a war that would bring about the end of the Jedi order.

scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The man is far more intelligent than anybody on this website. But you don't get that impression by reading many of the posts.

You don't get that impression from reading or listening to the Pope's pronouncements either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Lemegeton wrote: »
    i will never understand how this fecking lunatic of the highest order can spout this kind of bollocks and yet thousands of people still worship him.

It's not THAT difficult... there's basically three options.

1) Worship madman throughout our life and do the moronic things he says and spend the rest of eternity in endless bliss and joy, being re-united with all the people you loved so much that have passed away.

2) Don't worship and enjoy yourself now and suffer for all eternity.

3) Accept that there might not be anything more to us than the here and now and live your life as best you can, knowing it is finite and limited.

Not surprising where the sheep flock, tbh.

scumbag.

Somebody was asking my age when I made a dismissive joke?

• Advertisement

Somebody was asking my age when I made a dismissive joke?

Well we can use our detective skills to assume Krudler is 21. His sig states that his PSN handle is Krudler89.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement