Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-sitting Leaving Cert. (part-time) as mature student.

Options
  • 17-09-2010 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I am thinking about sitting two Leaving Cert. exams as a mature student, I am 26. I would like to study them part-time in a class room environment as I work 9-5.

I am looking to sit two honors subjects:
    Physics
    Applied Maths

I was wondering if you guys can offer up any information on how best to pursue this with regards to:

Is there a min. subject count you have to sit?
    Part-time night/weekend courses available & where?
    Good websites to read up on?
    How to register for the exam?
    Are there courses where you'd be with like minded people and not school kids?

I did my original leaving cert some years ago now, and went on the obtain an honors degree in computer science. I have always had a big fascination in theoreitcal physics and the universe. In my original leaving cert. I got an A1 in honors maths, but never pursued this any further.

Also past experiences from people who went down the part-time LC road would be helpful also. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

BodFred wrote: »

Is there a min. subject count you have to sit?
    No. You can just do 1 subject if you wish

Part-time night/weekend courses available & where?
    Try www.qualifax.ie for courses

Good websites to read up on?
    www.examinations.ie for past papers, marking schemes, chief examiners reports. www.education.ie for the syllabi and teachers guide

How to register for the exam?
    www.examinations.ie for external students. Think the closing date is January but keep an eye on the website. Last year 2 subjects would have been just over €200 I think but medical card holders may be exempt

Are there courses where you'd be with like minded people and not school kids?
    www.qualifax.ie has adult leaving cert courses listed.

see my answers above :)

Advertisement