Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Hub

Options
  • 16-09-2010 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

How do all,

This afternoon I had a chance to get a sneak peek at the new PlayStation Hub which opens tomorrow (Friday 17th) on 50 South William St here in Dublin city centre.

127801.jpg

Inside you will find a fine collection of PS3s and big TVs so you can try out the new stuff.

127802.jpg127803.jpg

At the back of the shop is a demo of the PS3's 3D capabilities. I had to have a go at it and once I realised I needed to switch the glasses on (:o), I got stuck into a pretty enjoyable game of Motor Storm. The 3D works and works well. If I were an excessively wealthy PS3 owner, I'd definitely consider it :)

Beside me, Kev from Shoryuken.ie was getting stuck into a bit of Killzone 3 which one of the members of staff told me they don't have on 3D yet, but it's on it's way to them.

127804.jpg

As well as Killzone 3 that I mentioned, there'll be demos of SoCom, Gran Turismo 5 (at last!) and of course a whole heap of the Move launch titles.

The Hub will be open Tuesday to Sunday from 12 till 6 (closed Mondays), but times may vary as they intend on running special events, including one for Boardsies as soon as they iron out some details.

If you're knocking around town and have the time, pop in for a look. To top it all off, it's free! No excuses really :)

127805.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Looks impressive. May drop in there sometime when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Free?

Whats the catch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Looks class, a boards event would be much cool there. I wonder would they let me bring my USB dev board....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

RedXIV wrote: »
    Free?

Whats the catch?

They don't let you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Off work tomorow. So think I'll drop in for a look.

Thanks Dav.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Very nice. Might call in on Sunday if I get time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I'll definitely drop in at some point to see the 3D. Not like I'll be getting a 3D t.v. any time soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Brilliant well done to all concerned. Looks deadly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

dublin gets all the good stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

That's pretty awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

ive a question, how come they are using old phat ps3's and not new slim ones :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Looks really nice, will have to pay a visit, and right next door to where the old Xbox live centre was, is this a full business or just a promo thing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

RedXIV wrote: »
    Free?

Whats the catch?
    ..it'll be full of kids...;)
    might pop in and have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Finally a rival to XBLGC :D

Looks a bit crap though tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

jonnybadd wrote: »
    Looks really nice, will have to pay a visit, and right next door to where the old Xbox live centre was, is this a full business or just a promo thing?

It's a promo thing, will be closing again mid November-ish I believe.

The "Catch" as RedXIV asked is that they're hoping you'll be so impressed by what you see, you'll ask Santy to bring you a PS3 and Move and a 3D TV and a heap of games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Dav wrote: »

The "Catch" as RedXIV asked is that they're hoping you'll be so impressed by what you see, you'll ask Santy to bring you a PS3 and Move and a 3D TV and a heap of games :)

Santy brings me nothing anymore :(

Shall see about him fixing the kids up with 3D tv though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Dav wrote: »

Cool, cheers must pop in to have a look before it closes so.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was in there about an hour ago as they were filming for 3E tonight. Think I avoided getting my mallet in shot but you never know. Wasn't really all that impressed by the Move stuff, the games at least, all seem more of the same from a Wii owner's perspective. I was on the fence about getting Move at launch and this has convinced me to hold off.

They also had Motorstorm 3D on display, which was a big let down. Looks really pixelated and PS2-like with the glasses and 3D running.

However, they had Gran Turismo 5, which looks great, SOCOM4 which looks promising - although better to play with the joypad than move controls - and most impressive of the lot Killzone 3. I don't think I'm overstating it when I say it's the best looking console game yet. Plays pretty well too, nowhere near as clunky as 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Will defo be calling in during the week when i have a few hours off college.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I'll have to pay a visit as long as its free - it'll be the only time in the foreseeable future that I'll even get to see a 3D tv so it'll be worth it

• Advertisement
Advertisement