Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

MyDiabetes.ie

• 07-09-2010 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I'm in the process of setting up a new support site for those living with Diabetes. The aim is to produce a useful resource based on peoples real life experiences of living and coping with the condition. I'd appreciate any feedback and even better if there are any Diabetics out there willing to contribute.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Acapella

I just want to say well done on taking the initiative to set up such a site because it does take an awful lot of work to do and it will be incredibly beneficial to newbies to cause :)

With regards the site, I think its great and I would like to see some success stories on it. No offence to the Diabetes Ireland magazine some of the articles can be negative, there was one particular issue a couple of months back that made my mother contemplate cancelling our subscription!!! From amputations to side affects to child birth it almost extinguished my hope for the future at 23 :pac:

I am aware they need to scare people but some issues must freak the bejesus out of newly diagnosed diabetics! So drum up the positivity!!:)

Best of Luck,

Acapella

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi,
    I think it is a great idea. There is always a need to create awareness of medical conditions.
    It is only when you or a family member or friend have a medical condition that you really understand it.

One suggestion, target all ages and make it child friendly

Well done.

Aidan:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SusanOF

Thanks to all of you for the support. I'll definitely take the child friendly suggestion on board. Not sure how best to get the kids involved. I alunched on Facebook this week and that has given me access to many teenagers and parents. I'll have to put my thinking cap on as to how I might be able to add some section to the site especially for kids.

Thank you all again for your encouragement. Puts the wind in my sails.

BTW please feel free to post any comments on the site also or add the site to your Social networking groups!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

How about a puzzle page for children including a coluring page, all with with a Diabetes theme.

I have sent you a PM

I was just in the process of putting together a 'Star of the Week/Month' where kids under 12 will have their own unique page outlining why they are stars of the week .... I plan to do the competitions also just to encourage contributions.

• Advertisement

Well the Star of the Month nomination form has been added. Got some great feedback last week so my aim now is to try and encourage people to contribute! If you know someone who has diabetes who would be willing to share their experiences please encourage, encourage, encourage. All budding authors are welcome .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

how about a link back to your pals here at boards.ie? ;)

Of course .... link added!

Advertisement