Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor problems!

Options
  • 03-09-2010 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

:mad: Have had sweet FA broadband for the last 2 days. Anyone else having this problem? Hate the way meteor does this had none for about 5 weekends in the last 9 months.

Vodafone etc seem to tell customers when there is a planned service never heard from meteor and if you ring they just say technical difficulties don`t know when it`ll be back, could that be what they are doing?

Why is it the weekends...maybe they can`t cope with the usage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I am the same.. there is a vague warning on the Meteor home page. What annoyed me is I topped up the SIM with twenty euro without realising. I wouldn't, had I known the service wasn't functioning.

There's a network signal. The modem connects to the Meteor site, you can log in etc.. but any attempts to browse elsewhere results in a 'reset'. This is after activating a voucher and purchasing a 30 day pass.

meteor03092010.gif

SIM is used regularly and would not have become inactive.

If I didn't know better (and feeling a tad paranoid..), I have a feeling unregistered PAYG SIM cards were frozen like this to encourage members to enter their details on the profile page.

Advertisement