Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocknacarra anti-racist grafitti

Options
  • 30-08-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

So I usually don't go up this road, not sure how long it's been like this. Interesting to say the least. (too big to embed, so attached below)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

:eek: And there's no funding in the city to clean graffiti anymore.....

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    So I usually don't go up this road, not sure how long it's been like this. Interesting to say the least. (too big to embed, so attached below)

That's just made my day...bualadh bos to them :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There was some pretty bad racist graffiti there before. The same person kept writing over it to keep it "fresh" or something. It was in the paper a couple of weeks ago with Neil McNeilis looking concerned.

Last week it was replaced with the stuff that's there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Meh, fighting fire with fire.
    Both are idiots really.
    Destroying private property

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Fair play to them. It's fairly ramshackle boards that they were written on. Not likely to have the ugly racist stuff painted over, so the other stuff was much better than leaving it imo. Not like it is on a house. I found the spelling one amusing too. Thanks OP, I took pics, but they didn't come out. At least it's dialogue and not pictures of willies or kids trying to tag and failing miserably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Mike... wrote: »
    Meh, fighting fire with fire.
    Both are idiots really.
    Destroying private property

Private property? This is just an ugly fence not a white house :rolleyes: and dont say "both" idiots -really, because thats just not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Good on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

ANTI RACIST GRAFFITI AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Brilliant! the spelling and stay! ones are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

They could do worse (or better, depending on which side of the fence you are on!)

Slovakia Suicide Gunman Kills Roma Family

The Roma in France

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Maja wrote: »
    Private property? This is just an ugly fence not a white house

"I hear you're a racist now father"

mikom wrote: »
    "I hear you're a racist now father"

"Should we all be racist now?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

"Should we all be racist now?"

What’s the official line the church is takin’ on this… Only the farm takes up most of the day and at night I just like a cup of tea. I mightn’t be able to devote meself to the oul’ racism.

mikom wrote: »
    What’s the official line the church is takin’ on this… Only the farm takes up most of the day and at night I just like a cup of tea. I mightn’t be able to devote meself to the oul’ racism.

"I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests... More drink!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Das Kitty wrote: »
    There was some pretty bad racist graffiti there before. The same person kept writing over it to keep it "fresh" or something. It was in the paper a couple of weeks ago with Neil McNeilis looking concerned.

Last week it was replaced with the stuff that's there now.
    Has McNelis replaced Padraig Conneely as the man who solves problems by being photographed beside them looking mildly irate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

They could do worse (or better, depending on which side of the fence you are on!)

Slovakia Suicide Gunman Kills Roma Family

The Roma in France

Yeah, but wonder if it started with hate graffiti there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 muldoocs

thats brilliant :D!
    Time to speak out against racists too often we turn a blind eye and I include myself in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

I always thaught grafitti was anti social and vandelism regardless of it being a positive or negative message? What would people think if someone was to cover the whole lot with normal exterior paint and keep covering both the grafitti messages would that be regarded as interfering with someones property/ Would it be better than a whole barrage of positive/negative graftti?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

I applaud their spirit but I don't necessarily agree with their method.

Seeing those photos did, however, bring a smile to my space. :D

Advertisement