Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With some Qns about Magnet Broadband

Options
  • 29-08-2010 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys, i could use your help here. I just signed on with Magnet 24mbps plan. (Hope i made the right choice!!)

Here are my questions i need answering as soon as possible:

1) I would like to know if this would be sent to my house via fiber or ADSL2+ or cable?

2)Will I be able to use my own ADSL2+ Modem and Router or will i have to strictly stick with the WiFi router that they provided? I have a wireless N router and ADSL2+ modem that I really want to use!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Magnet 24M is ADSL2+. and I don't believe you can use your own modem.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

izt_is wrote: »
    Hey guys, i could use your help here. I just signed on with Magnet 24mbps plan. (Hope i made the right choice!!)

Here are my questions i need answering as soon as possible:

1) I would like to know if this would be sent to my house via fiber or ADSL2+ or cable?

2)Will I be able to use my own ADSL2+ Modem and Router or will i have to strictly stick with the WiFi router that they provided? I have a wireless N router and ADSL2+ modem that I really want to use!

Thanks!

1) Can you PM me and I can find out what order you have made.
    2) You can use your own router, however we will not be capable of helping you with this should you experience difficulty (nobody in Magnet is trained on 3rd party routers). If a problem arises you can revert to the magnet wireless box.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Trying to setup this to use instead of the telsey box:

http://www.dabs.ie/products/linksys-by-cisco-dual-band-wireless-n-bt-adsl2--modem-router-with-gbt-6BG9.html

Any ideas on what settings I should use?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 andrus

dregin wrote: »
    Trying to setup this to use instead of the telsey box:

http://www.dabs.ie/products/linksys-by-cisco-dual-band-wireless-n-bt-adsl2--modem-router-with-gbt-6BG9.html

Any ideas on what settings I should use?

Cheers.

hi
    yes, you should be able to set up this box for magnet network(not 100% sure), this box basically does not support RFC 1483 Bridge mode used by magnet but you can try option RFC 2684 Bridged - Dynamic IP Address. should work.

Advertisement