Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to hire a chimp to carry rings at our wedding

Options
  • 22-08-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

My partner and I are getting married next year. We are looking to hire a chimp to carry the wedding rings up the aisle. Does anyone know anywhere in Ireland you can hire a chimp for such an occasion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Dáil Éireann is full of them but Im not sure if they are available to rent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

iamthe43 wrote: »
    Dáil Éireann is full of them but Im not sure if they are available to rent

isn't the fact that they are available to rent what helped get Ireland into its current mess?

hmm... a chimpanze carrying the wedding rings up the isle - ideally in a powder blue suit with frilly dinner shirt - classy...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

oneila wrote: »
    My partner and I are getting married next year. We are looking to hire a chimp to carry the wedding rings up the aisle. Does anyone know anywhere in Ireland you can hire a chimp for such an occasion?

Ha, I can only presume you're completely taking the mick to want to do this.. However, on the off chance that you're serious, I'd have a bit of a talk with the celebrant if your wedding is in a chuch or else with the registrar to see if such a thing would actually be allowable. I certainly couldn't see my local priest, who's 70 and quite traditional, allowing this at a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Got to be a joke surely!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 soon2Bmrs

Ah seriously? A chimp??

Would anyone allow that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Errr ... I don't think that is gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1226985/Woman-face-torn-crazed-chimp-speaks-time.html

You need to reconsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Just like out of "King of Queens"

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Cautionary tale here!! Also I hear chimps have a penchant for throwing their own poo :eek::p

Seriously though, I reckon (providing this isn't a joke) that your problem won't be finding a chimp, it'll be finding a venue that'll let you use the chimp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Plebs

You might want to have a little chat with the priest about that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 battycow

crazy !

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Plebs wrote: »
    You might want to have a little chat with the priest about that...
    Good thinking batman, he may know a short priest with long arms.
    Problem sorted.

Advertisement