Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tera Online Video Hands On

Options
  • 22-08-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi guys,

We've got a five part private hands on with Tera from Gamescom here. Three parts are online now, part 4 will be up within the hour and part 5 within the next few hours.

If anyone has any questions about the game feel free to ask here or on GD.

Cheers.

http://www.glimpsedog.com/content/353-video-hands-tera.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

Looks pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

sorry for the thread necromancy, but is there any news on when or if this will be available in europe or an estimate?

am sick to my eye teeth with wow, and rift was a massive let-down :/ this looks to have potential, at least its combat looks good :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

and rift was a massive let-down

Just wondering how so mate?
    Its not even on general release yet,headstart only a few days ago.
    Unless you hit max level in alpha?

Terra looks good for sure.

yeah, a friend talked me into getting the headstart as he was in the closed beta and raved about it..

I dont like the game, the movement is slow or stuttery, or both.. not a hardware problem,not lag, drivers updated, decent card and solid internet connection @30meg.. its just that it feels all wrong, nice looking game dont get me wrong, but it doesnt have the hold that other mmo's had on me from launch/beta/headstart.
    Tbh (to me) it looks a lot like AoC or at least the characters do. The whole idea of rift invasions was good but 30-40 people all in one place spamming the **** out of one mob doesnt do it any favours in regards to framerate issues and again.. movement. even wow can manage to handle stuff like that.

I've tried a few different classes and specs, and most likely will keep going for another while but i'm 99% sure i wont be paying a monthly subscription for this game.

It feels cheap and looks cheap(scenery excluded), i was expecting a nextgen mmo, more the sucker i am. I could go on but i know a lot of boardsies would probably wanna castrate me if i did.. lol its just not for me, wasnt impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

What I have heard is that Tera is released in Korea, with a western release planned for the end of the year. Seems they are beginning the European testing in March for the "most dedicated fans of TERA, choose some of our active forum members, invite guild members and fansite staff members, as well as the winners from our official contests"

http://tera-europe.com/en/news,id277,european_tests_tera_get_ready_rock.html

Looking forward to it though, graphics are amazing and it seems to run very smoothly. The fact it will have been released and patched by the time we get it is also a bonus. Plus the combat isnt the usual hotkey decimation of the EQ descendants that just bores me to tears.

• Advertisement

bah such a long wait.. oh well :) cheers anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You can sign up for the beta now.

http://tera-europe.com/en/home.html

release date set for may this year.

source: facebook.com/TeraEurope
    We're happy to announce today the launch date! TERA will be released on Thursday, 3rd of May 2012 in Europe! ~Raven

beta invites were sent out this morning, apperantly only 1000 for all of europe :/

That's a pretty **** amount of invites if true. I didn't get one anyway, though i'm not really bothered with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I see the new "bounce" physics engine is working well.

The two reasons physics engines were created in the first place.

1. See dead bodies falling realistically.
    2. Breasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Lineage 2 dark elf's had amazing boobs i could jump up and down for days on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ratio of males to female characters in this game is going to be like 20/80.

And actual male/female ratio will be 99/1 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

more like hands on........your d1ck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Just had a look at the political system video on their site and it looks great. Gfx look fantastic and it seems to have some very innovative ideas! I'll be trying this!

Advertisement