Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever booked hotel with Travel Republic.ie

Options
  • 22-08-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi there,
    We are traveling to Cambrils for a week in late Sept and got a good price for a hotel with Travel Republic.ie and was just wondering has anybody booked a hotel with this company, I have used 1800hotels.ie in the past but they are finished now and left alot of people in bother.So its a toss up between Alpha Rooms and Travel Republic??Any opinions:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

I booked a hotel in Manchester with travelrepublic.ie before.

It was fine, no hassle at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I just booked with them too, seems grand. They are good value too eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

I booked hotels in Venice through them recently and everything worked out very smoothly, good prices too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I´m currently posting from a fab hotel I booked with them in Madrid and have used them for most hotel bookings recently and find them very good & good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thelagg2000

Thanks for your replies,they sound ok so i,ll give them a bash, thanks:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULgirl2010

Hi, am hoping to book a hotel in spain for a week on the cheap and just wondering has anyone ever had any bad experiences with travel republic or are they really as reliable as the above posts make out?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Anna_B

I would advise you not to use this website. We did and booked a room at a hotel for a wedding. When arrived at the hotel there was no record of our booking even though the money was taken from my card and I had a booking confirmation.

The hotel said they no longer deal with this company and I know why!

This happened to 3 other guests (that we know of) at the wedding. We are all still trying to get our money.

Everytime I call travelrepublic I am being told different things and to send my query to another person. What a dodgy way to do business.

I will let you know if and when I ever get my money back.

Also, i forgot to mention, they are not even an Irish company so you get through to a London office.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thelagg2000

I have booked twice with travel republic and have had no problems at all.I can only speak for myself and all went well,arrived at the hotel and handed in my voucher and that was that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULgirl2010

Thanks for the replies!

sorry to hear about your bad experience Anna B... Im torn on what to do, on one hand theres lots of good reviews but anna your experience makes me doubt them... might check with a travel agent on saturday to see if they have anything affordable before we decide!

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi have you had a look on the thompsonholidays english site they do hotel/accomodation only and have a good selection of hotels and apartments I have sed them before and paid using an irish credit card. When we book a diy holiday we always give the hotel a ring a couple of days before departure to make sure all is ok with booking. I hav heard of too many stories of people turning up with hotel having no record of booking and it taking ages to sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stevedean

Hi Anna_B, sorry to hear you are having problems. If you can give me a bit more information, probably by PM, I will find out what is going on for you.

If you are a bit worried that I am not who I say, then tell me the hotel name and the date you tried to check-in on this thread, and I will find your booking!

Steve
    Travel Republic

stevedean wrote: »
    Hi Anna_B, sorry to hear you are having problems. If you can give me a bit more information, probably by PM, I will find out what is going on for you.

If you are a bit worried that I am not who I say, then tell me the hotel name and the date you tried to check-in on this thread, and I will find your booking!

Steve
    Travel Republic

Hi Steve
    Travelrepublic have all my details. Sent via an email almost a month ago. the reply back said it could take up to 28 days so I will wait and see. Thanks

stevedean wrote: »

Steve
    Travel Republic

Update! Money is back in my account

• Registered Users Posts: 9 stevieboyrocks

Booked a hotel through travel republic, I didn't hear back from the hotel or travel republic, I then phoned the hotel, they had no booking for me! Rang travel republic, was promised a call back, I was never called back, I booked a new hotel, travel republic charged me for the 2 hotels! Refusing to refund me! Will never use them again, I'm now going to bring them to the small claims court to get my money back. You have been warned :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Booked with Travelrepublic last year x 3, after a recommendation from a good friend, who is a long-term customer of them. She also recommended Alpharooms and in her experience finds either usually have the lowest prices. Before this had always booked directly with hotels, almost always advance purchase. Both agents were pretty similar prices, give or take a couple/few euro. Deleted one of the confirmation mails in error once, phoned and they sent it straight through. Never a problem at check-in, got the rooms requested on Travelrepublic's booking form (always look for ground floor away from elevators - easier with buggies).

Hi steveiboyrocks, I will send you a private message so I can get to the bottom of what happened with your booking. Doenst sound right to me.

Steve
    Travelrepublic

apologies for the delay, had a long break starting the day after you posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 stevieboyrocks

steve, thanks for the reply, it has since been sorted after multiple attempts, i won't use your service again but thank you all the same for the contact

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭biddy21

Used travel republic for the first time two weeks ago to book two hotel rooms. First time, the day after I made the booking I was told that only one of the rooms was available but I could book another one for more money.But my money had already been taken and it took 3-4 days to get my money back. Thought it was just a glitch and tried again.But the same thing happened the second time, but it took them three days to tell me, after I had rung them numerous times and was told each time that it would be sorted straight away. Never again!!!!!!

Hi biddy21, do you have your money back yet? Sometimes a hotel provider shows a room on sale, but cant actually confirm it. This is not what we want, as it upsets customers and causes work for us here, sorting things out. If you are still waiting, reply on here, and I will chase things along.

You may need to send me a private message, or say hotel and date, something vague, so I can look up your booking.

Thanks
    Steve
    Travel Republic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭biddy21

HI Steve , No I still havent got my money back. I made this booking last tues, it was friday before I found out it wasnt actually booked,

Advertisement