Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*ALL GAS INSTALLERS AND GAS USERS, PLEASE READ.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Yes I have been getting flyers in now a couple of months and even seen them in newspapers..

Still the problem has not been fully sorted.

Amazing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

The monoxide happens when the grill door is closed and the grill is on.
    Most people don't use the grill with the door closed but ,the dangers are when someone forgets to turn off the grill when they're finished using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Tis amazing they allow the grill's to operate as they do!

Mine if you turn on the grill but don't press the sparker the gas just keeps coming. Delayed sparking results in loss of eyebrows:(

and i have done as yoshy said before. Smell of burning alerted me to my stupidity.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

They say there are still 3000 outstanding cooker, does anyone know how many of these are here in Ireland ??
    Also, has anyone made the modifications to these cookers who can tell us exactly what the problem is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Just so folks know ,RGI first sent out warnings about these cookers at least six months ago. It's been an issue for a good while now.
    Some of the cookers are lpg aswell ,so may be on caravans or in holiday homes etc. This is probably why it's so hard to locate them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Not to mention the potential that there is for them to be in the many idle houses and ghost estates in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 The Barron

Yes I have been getting flyers in now a couple of months and even seen them in newspapers..

Still the problem has not been fully sorted.

Amazing...
    Its fine to say you are getting these alerts, but don't get me wrong, it's part of your trade and you like the rest of us read them.
    How many others treat them as junk mail and without reading them just put then into the recycling bin .
    These notices are for both NG and LPG.
    The suppliers of NG can send out these fliers in their bills but how can you get the attention of the LPG users. LPG needs over 2 times more oxygen to burn making them a more dangerous appliance.

If the powers that be consider this to be a life treating issue then the only way to get this through to the public is to advertise on TV and radio during programs that the house wife is more than likely to be watching or listening to.

Even the wording on the notice is vague.
    Number "3" on the notice should read
    "Arrange a free safety inspection and FREE modification

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

They say there are still 3000 outstanding cooker, does anyone know how many of these are here in Ireland ??
    Also, has anyone made the modifications to these cookers who can tell us exactly what the problem is ?

In answer to my own question........

I was out looking at this modification today after the "engineer" had called on a cooker i reported back in November of last year :rolleyes:
    Customer told me he only had a screwdriver with him. From what i could see all that had been done was the grill front heat deflector had been moved, or bent, forward just enough to prevent the grill door from closing fully. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭G.MAN

In answer to my own question........

I was out looking at this modification today after the "engineer" had called on a cooker i reported back in November of last year :rolleyes:
    Customer told me he only had a screwdriver with him. From what i could see all that had been done was the grill front heat deflector had been moved, or bent, forward just enough to prevent the grill door from closing fully. :cool:

Them mod is simpley to cutout a section of the grill door seal to increase ventilation in case of the grill door is left closed during grilling.I have caried out a lo of these mods.As far as I know 97% of cookers have been located and modifies.Trading standards and the authorities are satisfied that the manufacturers have done everything possible to locate the remaining cookers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

I don't really have to add anything to this....

shane0007 wrote: »
    I don't really have to add anything to this....
    Brave man

I don't know what would pissed me off most, being dead or them getting my name wrong.

His name was Omid Abbasi a Iranian firefighter who went on to save 3 people with his organ donations.

A hero in life and death.

Hero Iranian fireman donates organs

An Iranian fireman, who lost his life in the line of duty while trying to save a little girl, has donated his organs, Press TV reports.

Following his death, Omid Abbasi’s organs were donated including both kidneys and his liver.

The donated organs have saved three lives.

Jalal Maleki, head of Tehran’s Fire Department, said that the altruistic firefighter was killed in the terrible fire in the northeast of the capital, Tehran, on May 14.

According to Maleki, Abbasi rushed to the 10th floor of the building on fire, where a seven-year-old girl was trapped.

He took off his oxygen mask and gave it to the little girl to stop her from suffocating on smoke.

“He came downstairs and fainted. He was immediately taken to the emergency room but the doctors could not save him despite their hard work,” Maleki added.
    There are 4,000 firefighters in the Iranian capital.

Advertisement