Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle - Season 3 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 16-08-2010 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/14/castle-beckett-new-bf-is-victor-webster/
    Castle has found a new plaything for its queen.
    Victor Webster—the genetically-blessed alum of Melrose Place 2.0, Charmed, and Mutant X—is joining the ABC hit as Beckett’s (Stana Katic) new love interest.
    Webster’s character, Josh Davidson, first appears in this season’s fourth episode when he drops by the precinct to visit Beckett. Unlike Bec’s last two boyfriends, played by Bailey Chase and Michael Trucco, Webster’s Josh is not in law enforcement—a fact that’s not lost on Castle.
    “There’s an element of mystery to him,” explains exec producer Andrew Marlowe. “He’s more of a motorcycle guy…A person that is going to intrigue Castle, because he’s going to see a different side of Beckett.”
    Webster will appear on a recurring basis throughout the season.
    In other Castle news, Marlowe confirms that the show’s youngest star, Molly Quinn, is also getting a love interest in the form of Secret Life of the American Teenager‘s Ken Baumann.
    “This is her first serious boyfriend,” notes Marlowe. “This is the first time Castle has had to deal with his daughter being in a relationship.”
    Castle‘s third season premieres Sept. 20.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ jesus...his credits are nothing to brag about.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^ jesus...his credits are nothing to brag about.

Lets not forget he was in SATC as one of Samantha's many lovers ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lets not forget he was in SATC as one of Samantha's many lovers ;)

Again...a program not worthy of bragging about, i'm not a fan of Castle tbh...Fillon fanboys go mad for it :rolleyes:

Again...a program not worthy of bragging about, i'm not a fan of Castle tbh...Fillon fanboys go mad for it :rolleyes:

Thats a shame RD its a great show imo

Fillion is a great actor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Was watching Saving Private Ryan last night on filmfour and realised Fillion was in it, albeit for 2 minutes. Didn't recognise him before but he's the first private Ryan they find who turns out to be the wrong Ryan. Must have been one of his earliest roles.

Looking forward to season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

I'm also not a fan of generic police dramas with quirky main characters who solve crimes by unconventional means, a la Lie to Me, mentalist, etc. Instantly forgettable and inferior compared to Dexter, Lost and other original series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

stana is hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

stana is hot

Agreed

Monet Mazur is confirmed to reprise her role as Castle’s ex Gina in this season’s fifth episode

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Wow, I can actually not wait for this, I watched the whole 2 series over the last weekend or so.

Fooking brilliant.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/16/castle-lee-tergesen/
    Castle is setting the stage for one helluva cat-and-mouse game, pitting Castle and Beckett against one of their most worthy adversaries yet: ex-Oz inmate Lee Tergesen.
    Sources confirm that Tergesen has been cast in the potentially recurring role of Gates, a shrewd, hardened, and violent felon who becomes the prime suspect in this season’s big “3XK” serial-killer investigation.
    Tergesen’s character turns up in episode 7 when Castle and Beckett ID him as the Triple Killer (a.k.a. 3XK), a serial murderer who strangled six women four years earlier and has now struck again. As coolheaded as he is cold-blooded, Gates is more than a match for Beckett and Castle.
    “He’s going to be somebody that really ends up challenging Beckett and Castle,” reveals exec producer Andrew W. Marlowe. “Castle and Beckett have cracked every case that they’ve been on, and we want to introduce somebody who is more of a worthy opponent to Beckett’s police skills and Castle’s story skills.”
    Season 3 of Castle kicks off on Sept. 20.

is this on tv anywhere over here? Can't afford to watch it online due to bandwith issues :(

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    is this on tv anywhere over here? Can't afford to watch it online due to bandwith issues :(

Season 2 is only starting this Wednesday on Alibi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Season 2 is only starting this Wednesday on Alibi

how ghey, that means i've to either wait ten days, or pay a "visit" to my brother to get it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

how ghey, that means i've to either wait ten days, or pay a "visit" to my brother to get it.
    It means you've to wait a year. Season 3 is beginning in the U.S. not season 2.

ixoy wrote: »
    It means you've to wait a year. Season 3 is beginning in the U.S. not season 2.
    Nah, it was 10 days until my bandwith was reset.

I am aware it is season 3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I really enjoyed that opening episode. Not sure if I should spoiler this but just in case...
    The humour is still there but I don't like how they seem to have just whitewashed the finale from last season with the ending to this season. It seems to have changed nothing.

what did they not tackle? The fact how castle went away because he was finished or the fact beckett opened up and castle ended up with the ex?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

what did they not tackle? The fact how castle went away because he was finished or the fact beckett opened up and castle ended up with the ex?

OK, I don't want to use spoiler tags anymore in this thread as it says on the title that there are spoilers, so tough poo to anyone who gets upset.

Anyway, during the season 2 finale, both Castle and Beckett realised that they had strong feelings for each other. It was hinted at throughout the season also but they both confronted it in the finale.

During this episode, there was obvious tension that resolved itself when the case was done. Where have those feelings gone? Is everything back to the way it was at the start of season 2? They just seemed to whitewash it so they could get back to the serialised episodes of previous seasons.

I'm probably just picking it up wrongly.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    OK, I don't want to use spoiler tags anymore in this thread as it says on the title that there are spoilers, so tough poo to anyone who gets upset.

Anyway, during the season 2 finale, both Castle and Beckett realised that they had strong feelings for each other. It was hinted at throughout the season also but they both confronted it in the finale.

During this episode, there was obvious tension that resolved itself when the case was done. Where have those feelings gone? Is everything back to the way it was at the start of season 2? They just seemed to whitewash it so they could get back to the serialised episodes of previous seasons.

I'm probably just picking it up wrongly.

Chances are it will pick up again in the next few episodes I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I think at the time, they both decided to put their feelings to one side as the timing was wrong and both were seemingly in a relationship.
    There were a couple of moments in this episode, like when Beckett said she had broken up with the boyfriend she was with at the end of the last season
    (sorry always think of him as Anders, so can't remember his name in this :p), Castle stopped and looked surprised. He looked as if that changed things and I would take from that he had put his feelings to one side as she was not available, but now she was, that changed things.

Likewise, given her anger with him that he hadn't been in touch, I would imagine her feelings for him haven't changed but she has supressed them given he is back with his ex-wife.

On the other hand, maybe the writers decided to ditch that storyline as they had painted themselves in to a corner :D
    As we all know, it can be a big anti-climax when two favourite characters finally get together and the writers either have to split them up again or run out of storyline. Where would all the best dramas be without Unresolved Sexual Tension!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I thought the first episode was very well done (perhaps a bit predictable) but the 2nd episode was slightly boring IMO.

I still love the show, don't get me wrong, but I hope it picks up a bit this season and isn't just more of the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Agreed, it was not as good as last weeks offering.

When are Castle and Beckett going to get a room?

Haddockman wrote: »
    Agreed, it was not as good as last weeks offering.

When are Castle and Beckett going to get a room?
    Total cheesefest towards the end when Castle tells her his real name and she's all swooning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

OisinT wrote: »
    Total cheesefest towards the end when Castle tells her his real name and she's all swooning.

Im gonna put money on them trying to outdo Bones as far us the URST goes

Great episode. Loved seeing Castle shooting antique guns and dressed in steampunk clothes.

Had a nice Firefly buzz about it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Poor Esposito. He went through a lot this week. ;)

Where'd Kate's random boyfriend come from? Did I miss that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

fun enjoyable show and beckett...

Advertisement