Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanderlei 'The Axe Murderer' Silva comes to Belfast!

Options
  • 12-08-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Clan Wars Promotions are delighted to announce we will be holding a seminar with no other than the world famous Pride and UFC superstar Wanderlei Silva on the 12th of Oct - this will be his only Irish seminar.

The seminar will be 2 hours long with 30 mins at the end for anyone looking photos.

It will consist of 1 hours stand up/clinch and 1 hour ground work.

This is an amazing opportunity to meet and train with a legend of Mixed Martial Arts!

Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva is one of the most recognisable figures in the history of MMA and is a fan favourite around the world for his ferocious and fearless fighting style (which is a surprising contrast to his quiet and humble demeanour outside the ring).

His career in PRIDE Fighting Championships is the stuff of legend with a series of classic fights against the likes of Dan Henderson, Kazushi Sakuraba and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. He was the PRIDE Middleweight Champion and the Pride 2003 Middleweight Grand Prix Champion.

Silva currently fights for the UFC and runs his own gym, The Wand Fight Team Training & Conditioning Center, in Las Vegas: http://www.wandfightteam.com

We only announced this last night and there are 50 places booked already, there is a limit of 100 fans for the seminar which will be held in Belfast at 6.30pm on the 12th of Oct.

The fans across the water are paying £90-£100 for the seminar each but we worked out a better deal for the Irish Fans at £70.

This is a once in a life time opportunity so if you are interested please contact me on phpmcl@yahoo.com to confirm your booking,

See and train with the legend in Belfast!! AWESOME !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 irishdownhiller

..cant describe how excited i am! flying back from uni in england for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

75 places booked, 25 places left in less than 24hours

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Seriously? 100 euro? chuck liddell's was 50

Hi Daniel, I dont make the prices mate, I had to haggle to get it down from £90 which it costs over the water.

I heard the other day randy was alot more expensive than that again.

Different people different costs I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Seriously? 100 euro? chuck liddell's was 50

In fairness Chuck did that trip as a part holiday over here. Im guessing he wasnt charging his full fee.

• Advertisement

Only 15 spaces left - email me asap if you are thinking of going

phpmcl@yahoo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

rovert wrote: »
    In fairness Chuck did that trip as a part holiday over here. Im guessing he wasnt charging his full fee.

And the fact Chuck is a washed up fighter with a chin second to Arlovski..

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

1) chuck charged his full fee, it wasnt cheap believe me, but worth every penny
    2)IFS.NI are entitled to charge whatever they want in order to at least break even on such a seminar. the work and orginisation can goes into bringing over a legend like wanderlei is unreal. they are entitled to be imbursed for it. if you want to see wanderlei or any other big name then 70 quid isint a massive amount for what you get. best of luck IFS.NI.
    3) in response to scaregilly, have some respect for one of the greatest fighters to ever fight in the ufc. they guy is a legend and could hold small clubs like us to ransom for his appearances if he so choose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

How to bring over someone:

1. Make phone call
    2. Book flight and hotel
    3. Pick them up

It's not that much work. But a lot of people will want to see Wanderlei in the flesh and I'm glad to see this has sold out. You can charge what you want- market determines price not opinion. From the looks of things, IFS may be charging too little! I personally wouldn't pay €100 for a day with 100 other people but then my goals would be different from others. Some will just want to bask in his reflected glory- REFLECTED GLORY!

Wand is a legend.

4)security
    5)media
    6)chaperone for said celebrity and family whilst in the area
    7)6 hour clean up of the gym
    8)film crew
    and a whole lot more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

4)security
    5)media
    8)film crew
    and a whole lot more

8a) Film crew, plus fluffer girls :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

4)security
    Get out of it would ya? Security! Neither of them's Mike Tyson I think they could happily walk through the city without being bothered.
    5)media
    Post on boards?
    You mean you hang out with the person for the weekend? Hardly a chore is it? Bit of craic no?
    LOL. I had 300 people at a fight show in December and the whole gym took 3 hours to clean including moving 300 chairs. Unless people are ****ting on the floor I doubt it takes you 6 hours.
    8)film crew
    and a whole lot more
    Well, you could just not film it?

Seriously, don't overstate it. I'm really glad to see IFS sell out Wandy who is a legend, but it's not that hard and if it's your business it's crass to come on here complaining about how hard it is. You don't get carpenters complaining about splinters.

security was for the event, and actually chuck was mobbed in cork city.
    media had to do with organising local radio stations, and newspapers, not boards.
    your right it was good craic.
    doubt away barry, 2 people cleaning took 6 hours to clean a 3500 sq ft facillity. it all depends on how much cleaning u do. or maybe i am lying about how long it took.
    of course i could have filmed it if i wanted a **** job done, instead i went for the professional approach and was delighted with the job that was done.
    and cant actually see where im complaining about it. listing what is involved is different to complaining or being crass for that matter.
    dont see why that should upset you so much to be honest. im stunned at the reponse tbh.

BUMP

We have almost all the money collected for this, there has been a few pull outs as ever once people actually have to pay that has opened a few more limited slots for Belfast Seminar.

Dont miss out on training with this MMA legend!

Hit me up asap, first come with the money for the remaining spaces secures the spots

Thanks

Paul

phpmcl@yahoo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

8)film crew

so everyone who attends get a copy of the dvd??

Advertisement