Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Pattern 58 Webbing, M1 type helmet

Options
  • 06-08-2010 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭

Looking to sell a few bits which I've been gathering over the last year or so for different loadouts...

First up is a Pattern 58 webbing, condition excellent.
    Also comes with a spare belt and ammo pouch.
    Here's a few pics and a pic (from the net) of how it's worn. €60.

Photo0478.jpg

Photo0482.jpg

Photo0483.jpg

cbt55-1.jpg

Second is a backpack - not sure of the country but I bought it in Fance a few years back. It's waterproof and got loads of storage and could match the 58 or most other OD loadouts/looks. Great condition.
    €20
    Pic as soon as I get it taken.
    Photo0559Large.jpg
    Photo0560Large.jpg
    Photo0561Large.jpg

Third up is a US M1-type steel helmet. Come with the liner (large size about 60 I'd say) and a US Woodland cover and a netting cover. Chin strap doesnt fasten but when are they ever closed...:rolleyes:
    Suitable for WW2 or NAM type looks. €50

Photo0485.jpg
    Photo0473.jpg
    Photo0472.jpg
    Photo0476.jpg
    Photo0475.jpg

Based in Kildare but can meet most places.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

offer 45 plus postage for the helmet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

What's the date stamp on the M1 liner out of curiosity? Should be on at the back of the head on the inner strap.

€50 for a bonafide M1 in good condition is insanely cheap so my interest has been piqued

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Lemming wrote: »
    What's the date stamp on the M1 liner out of curiosity? Should be on at the back of the head on the inner strap.

€50 for a bonafide M1 in good condition is insanely cheap so my interest has been piqued

It's just described as a M1 Type helmet. If it was a genuine issued US M1 - I'd be keeping it or flogging it on greedBay.;):D

Probably some nato issued country surplus who got em or something similar... I've no idea tbh but it doesnt seem to be one of the modern repro's.

I'll have a goo at the liner and see if there are any stamps etc.

Horse84 wrote: »
    offer 45 plus postage for the helmet:)

Hi Horse
    I'd be happy with 40 and to send inc postage for 45. Maybe might cost a few euro on top (if ya want it registered).

I'll get a weight to get an idea of cost if you're still interested?

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

Hi Horse
    I'd be happy with 40 and to send inc postage for 45. Maybe might cost a few euro on top (if ya want it registered).

I'll get a weight to get an idea of cost if you're still interested?

A.

45 is grand with me for it posted mate. Pm's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Offer E60 posted for the M56 webbing. Just to be clear, its the harness, belt and an ammo pouch?

Horse84 wrote: »
    45 is grand with me for it posted mate. Pm's?

perfect. TY. :)

Offer E60 posted for the M56 webbing. Just to be clear, its the harness, belt and an ammo pouch?

Yep, there's the harness which has 2 ammo pouches, 2 kidney pouches, poncho roll, and a belt and holster.
    There's also another belt with an ammo pouch which I'm including.
    It's Pattern 58 (not M56 webbing) by the way.

If you are still interested - offer accepted, if not - no problemo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Yeah cool, to PMs :)

The liner says 1969 but the helmet shell is newer than the liner.
    Photo0557Large.jpg

I'm no wiser but '69 is a cool :D:D:D

jasus - the dirt of my nails (damed paint for painting a dirty black glock yesterday) ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Oh welll; bit late back in as I see Horse has jumped (pardon the pun) on the helmet.

Cheers defenderdude for clarifying

Advertisement