Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packaging & Delivery Directory

Options
  • 26-07-2010 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

A lot of questions on the thread about boxes, packaging, couriers etc. How about a sticky with a list of suppliers people use with a very small comment attached?

my 2 cent

Couriers - Ireland

www.dpd.ie - Price depends on volume. Can be as low as €6 per consignment of up to 10 boxes to one address. UK from €15

www.fastway.ie - price per box from €4.95 nationwide. UK from €15

Packaging
    www.discountpackaging.ie - clondalkin.- very good for bubble wrap & small quantities of boxes.

www.packcomp.com packaging components in bray - excellent for corrugated boxes in quantity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Not a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

An Post have got a lot more agressive in this area now.

One of the businesses I am involved with got a rate of €5 per parcel based on average 70 per week for priority signed for delievry up to 30kg.

Currently there's no vat on An Post parcel service, so delivery cost to customer has dropped from 6.95 to 4.95.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭lyndak082

an post are robbers!!

i sent a babygrow from tipp to kilkenny in an envelope, and they charged me 2.20!!!

would i be better off to use a courier??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

lyndak082 wrote: »
    an post are robbers!!

i sent a babygrow from tipp to kilkenny in an envelope, and they charged me 2.20!!!

would i be better off to use a courier??

For a one off deliver a courier service would charge about €10.

If the babygrow was less than 25mm thick including packaging and less than A4 in size the cost would probably have been 1.35

With an post, its best to get to know the different sizes between large envelope & small package.
    Large envelope = max length 400mm, (15") max width 300mm (12") and maximum thickness 25mm (just under 1")
    State that you want it sent as a large envelope as some staff don't know the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

To any eBay sellers, I'm looking for a place to buy sturdy cardboard boxes (smaller size) to package up items. AnPost/Easons? Somewhere else?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Nightline - 15 euro for parcels under 10kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Hi, anyone recommend or know of service to send parcels to Ireland, England, USA and Puerto Rico as im having hassle finding a service to meet me needs regarding insurance and resttrictions on size, amny thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Hi there,

I'm not sure which forum would be the most suitable for this. Mods - please feel free to move to wherever you see fit.

I've to send 3 boxes to a friend in France (Marseille)and I'm looking for suggestions for the cheapest way to do so. Their dimensions and weights are as follows:

52 x 36 x 31cm ; 16.6 kg
    52 x 35 x 10.5 cm ; 4 kg
    43 x 41 x 24 cm ; 1.97 kg

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I needed something from the UK, but they wouldn't deliver to Ireland, I took a slight risk using deliverme.ie to take it in via Newry and send it on. I couldn't find out much indpendent about them except a couple of mentions on boards so was a bit nervous, but the service was great. Once they received items delivered next day to Dublin via dpd.

Anyway, mentioning them here for the next person to do a search looking for background.

Their minimum charge is €20 which is a little steep if you aren't getting something heavy, but they will consolidate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Was just trying to get a price for delivery of a shoebox to the UK weighing 2.6kgs so I could put it on ebay, rang DPD, Fastrack, UPS etc. and they all quoted over E30 and AnPost were saying the same. Went onto nightline and their website directed me to a website called parcel2go.com, I got a quote for a little over E20, great little website if you don't have an account with fastrack or companies like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I want to ship an item to mainland europe. the item weights a little over 3kg. the prices quoted by an post are outrageous. any suggestions. what is the cheapest way to do this. im new to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Shane St. wrote: »
    I want to ship an item to mainland europe. the item weights a little over 3kg. the prices quoted by an post are outrageous. any suggestions. what is the cheapest way to do this. im new to this

GLS parcelshop probably best.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭coldpaw

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

Anyone know how expensive it is to post a box of stuff to Oz. Am moving back there but I am backpacking for a month so I don’t want to bring all my stuff over. Weight wise Im looking at about 6 kilos.

If anyone could even point in the right direction that be great.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

This might give you some idea of what An Post charge.
    There are probably cheaper options though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions. They have better experience with matters relating to postage

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ctbfashion

hi really found some great info on this section helping me to start on ebay. now i have sold some clothes items sent them through an post which is fine. now

i have some heavier items also like heavy pots 3kg and set of waterford crystal glasses an post prices seem crazy is there an alternative.

thanks again.

Advertisement