Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Heritage] A steam train is now a more popular along the East coast than an A class

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I think its open most Sundays, you could go up on the Sligo train (narrow gauge line is just across the carpark).
    Would prefere to go up with a group, have a laugh, few beers in the comfort of a Craven.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Ahh, Dromod - a sight/site to make sore eyes! :D

One wonders what would have happened to them had one of their founding members not had to have been ran out of the place with his tail between his legs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭interlocked

I don't CIE ever stooped that low.

I think that you may have spent just a little bit too long out on lighthouses,:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Hamndegger wrote: »
    One wonders what would have happened to them had one of their funding members not had to have been ran out of the place with his tail between his legs :D

Put that right for you! :D

Anyway, your ill informed remarks are getting extremely tedious and you may eventually provoke me into giving my side of the story given that the present 'proprietor' has succeeded in slandering me the length and breadth of the British Isles - to anyone stupid enough to listen to him! If I do I shall expect you to be big enough to apologise to me on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Put that right for you!

Oh sure you did :rolleyes:
    Anyway, your ill informed remarks are getting extremely tedious and you may eventually provoke me into giving my side of the story given that the present 'proprietor' has succeeded in slandering me the length and breadth of the British Isles - to anyone stupid enough to listen to him! If I do I shall expect you to be big enough to apologise to me on this forum.

If he has slandered you then maybe you ought to sue him. Except you won't win ;)

• Advertisement

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Oh sure you did :rolleyes:

If he has slandered you then maybe you ought to sue him. Except you won't win ;)

Back to your old tricks again I see - making statements based on heresay or perhaps your RPSI contact?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055970708I post # 13

If you want to know, the only reason I didn't drag the current 'proprietor' through the courts was because I was penniless after the Dromod fiasco. Of course you probably believe his yarns about me running off with all the money? But, if you really had the slightest idea what you are talking about, which you don't, you would know that there wasn't any money to run off with and that was the root cause of many of the problems.

I wouldn't mind your constant stalking if you were one of those involved, in fact I can put up with a dog's abuse from them, but I do find that constant slagging from somebody who seems to get most of his info from passengers in his taxi a bit hard to take!

PS You didn't answer my point - will you publicly apologise here if I prove that your talking total nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭eejoynt

Why was Dromod a fiasco? - unlike many other ventures - WISRA Tuam, Fenit, Mallow, it still runs although it is, I agree ,a tad untidy.

What grounds did you think you have for suing the proprietor?

I would imagine that given the passage of time they would be regarded as void for want of prosecution.

eejoynt wrote: »
    Why was Dromod a fiasco? - unlike many other ventures - WISRA Tuam, Fenit, Mallow, it still runs although it is, I agree ,a tad untidy.

What grounds did you think you have for suing the proprietor?

I would imagine that given the passage of time they would be regarded as void for want of prosecution.

Try reading my post - I didn't say that I am thinking of suing. I am probably better aware than you regarding statute-barred matters and Dromod but thanks for your concern. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭eejoynt

will you publicly apologise here if I prove that your talking total nonsense?
    user_offline.gif

so supply the proofs then JD- vindicate your good name!!!
    quote.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Speaking of A class loco's,there's a great new book out that i got in the post on Friday. Loads of fantastic colour photo's of CIE/IE loco's from the 60's/70's/80's & 90's including loads of A class.:)

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/-/224/281/-/14866035/From-Cie-To-Ir/Product.html#

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Based on recent posts, here is my contribution.......................

:D:D:D:D:D and :D again!

I must admit, it sums up preservation in this country. Its worse than CIE.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭med1

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Based on recent posts, here is my contribution.......................

:D:D:D:D:D and :D again!

I must admit, it sums up preservation in this country. Its worse than CIE.;)

ah preservation isnt that bad downpatrick has a great preserved railway the itg have managed to save a lot of locos from scrap the rpsi have kept steam going over 40 years since it left .would you prefer these give up and leave us with nothing sure everybody moans that why isnt that done but at the end of the day the 3 groups are charitys ran by volunteers and not a paid state body .hopefully dw commuter retracts his idea that these groups and others are not doing a great job and maybe instead might do something practical instead

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

med1 wrote: »
    hopefully dw commuter retracts his idea that these groups and others are not doing a great job and maybe instead might do something practical instead

Unless he creates a new a/c as CommuterWD you might be left waiting a while!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Sorry everyone, but these locos aren't a patch on an 071 :D

Advertisement