Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-07-2010, 16:50   #1
humanji

James Bond: Bloodstone

I just saw that this has been announced by Activision.

I'm a huge James Bond fan, so I'll be getting this no matter what, but part of me still wonders if it'll be any good.

They're making a fairly good stab at it anyway. Daniel Craig and Judi Dench will voice their characters. Joss Stone will presumably be the love interest and is performing the title song that she and Dave Stewart (from the Eurythmics) wrote. And it's been written by Bruce Feirstein who, although is responsible for Tomorrow Never Dies and The World Is Not Enough, also wrote the game story for Everything or Nothing and From Russia With Love.

It's being developed by Bizarre Creations who developed Blur, Project Gotham Racing, and The Club, and apparently the game will be using a modified version of The Club's engine.

I'm sure it'll be a huge let down, but part of me really hopes it turns out like Everything or Nothing.
Advertisement
19-07-2010, 18:28   #2
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Send a message via MSN to cherryghost Send a message via Yahoo to cherryghost Send a message via Skype™ to cherryghost
Thought the graphics on The Club was poor tbh. The gameplay on it could have been A LOT better too, so I already have serious doubts on this being a good James Bond game already.
20-07-2010, 19:51   #3
The Freeman

well atleast they are not tied to a film release/tie-in date and actually finish the game and it isin't rushed.

the combat looks like its done in a similar fashion to the jason bourne game, that would be a good thing. very much enjoyed that game even if it did get slaughtered in the reviews.
21-07-2010, 17:26   #4
super_furry

I actually really loved The Club. Thought that it was misunderstood and people ignored the fact that it was a brilliant highscore chaser, so this has my immediate interest.
22-07-2010, 10:46   #5
Helix
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Freeman View Post
the combat looks like its done in a similar fashion to the jason bourne game, that would be a good thing. very much enjoyed that game even if it did get slaughtered in the reviews.
that was a fantastic game

couldnt understand some of the poor reviews it got - it was a belter... proper fun!
Advertisement
22-07-2010, 10:52   #6
boneyarsebogman

Send a message via MSN to boneyarsebogman
Daniel Craig just doesn't look right as a computer game character.
Thanks from:
22-07-2010, 15:04   #7
humanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyarsebogman View Post
Daniel Craig just doesn't look right as a computer game character.
He doesn't look much better as a human, to be honest. He's an odd looking fellow.
(2) thanks from:
23-07-2010, 10:17   #8
boneyarsebogman

Send a message via MSN to boneyarsebogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanji View Post
He doesn't look much better as a human, to be honest. He's an odd looking fellow.
Haha. Very true! But especially so as a computer game character; you don't usually expect them to have jug ears.
02-11-2010, 01:50   #9
FireballPitcher

Due out tomorrow in North America and Friday in Europe. Really interested in the game but with it out tomorrow, its never a good sign when no reviews exist.

Edge gave it a good preview write up, might shell out on Friday if I can source a couple of reviews.
Advertisement
02-11-2010, 03:01   #10
Zillah

Ok, I haven't been much of a gamer in the last few years...but isn't this pretty damn ugly for a modern game?
02-11-2010, 03:03   #11
FireballPitcher

Looks a little prettier since that first video;

02-11-2010, 03:13   #12
Zillah

It does look better...but the worst part was the particle effects (the explosions, smoke, dust, water spray etc) and we didn't really see any of that in the new one.

Was there an autoaim segment there?
02-11-2010, 03:17   #13
FireballPitcher

I've no idea to be honest. The explosion at the end of the video was nice, but as you implied, the video is a little scarce on variety.

Details are quite slim on the game which is quite strange given that its out tomorrow in the US. Not sure if its an embargo or the developers are hiding a naff game.
02-11-2010, 08:58   #14
Josey Wales

That second trailer does look better but I'm certainly holding off till I see what type of reviews it will get.

I would at least expect that the car levels will be great. I loved Blur earlier this year from Bizarre Creations.
03-11-2010, 04:01   #15
FireballPitcher

First review in from IGN gives it a 5 out of 10.

Disappointing, it had a lot of promise.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion