Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone seen/used this site before?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Has the VRT been paid on any of them? The cars I looked at are all on UK plates.

It only needs to go on Irish plates when it's sold, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Eoin wrote: »
    It only needs to go on Irish plates when it's sold, no?

Aye, they longer they hold it without paying it the cheaper the VRT would get over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Slushfund

Any new car initiative / business is welcome in Ireland, so best of luck to you.

Positive Criticism :

No photos of engine bay, under body, or cars docs : kind of defeats the purpose.
    Judging by the pics, some of your valeting is not up to scratch.
    Some of the pics could be framed much better.
    You'll need to be clearly cheaper than any traditional car lot after discount before I'll be interested.

Well done on the nice website, and the photos that are framed properly are nice and clear, that is a big plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

I can usually be found lurking around other parts of Boards but came upon this thread when I was doing some research into AutoDirect - ever useful Boards discussions deliver again :)

Just to share my experience, I reserved a car on Saturday - happy that the deposit was refundable - and test drove it on Monday - plan is that I will pick up car tomorrow :D In my opinion, interactions so far have been professional and I do believe that I am getting a quality car at a very competitive price - any doubts I had about the business model or the guarantees were addressed - will update if that situation changes at any point!!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭unaoz

so did you get the car, im eyeing up a fancy one.....bout 5k less than other dealers but am afriad they might be cowboys....:confused:......how did you get on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

unaoz wrote: »
    so did you get the car, im eyeing up a fancy one.....bout 5k less than other dealers but am afriad they might be cowboys....:confused:......how did you get on??

I did unaoz - very happy with the process and delighted with the car - Volvo V50 - Collected the car a few days after test driving it. Worth a trip down to the showroom as there are a good few cars on display. If you have any specific questions drop me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the after-sales support with AutoDirect.ie - e.g. have you had to use the warranty, if so, how did you find it?

Also, is there any way to verify the AA 101 point checklist they provide is valid? Suppose if you're being cautious you could always get the AA to do another one for you before making final payment?

The car I'm after is very hard to find in Ireland given I want it (Skoda Superb) in automatic and high-end spec (09 or 10) so I'm toying with the idea of going through AutoDirect.ie (lot of work travel means going to UK myself is not an option).

Emailed them and got a call from a guy in the UK but had to drop off for a meeting. Rang their number and got through to a call center (judging by the number of similar conversations I could hear in the background). Agent had a Cork accent (as did others in the background) and had to ask what region I was in so they probably manage Ireland and UK as one call center (no issue for me, you gotta design operations for efficiency).

So, positive to see a couple of decent experiences with sales though it all does sit a bit uneasy with me so it'd need to be a sizeable saving to make me go for it, and it'd be great to hear genuine customer experience of the after-sales support.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whadafook

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the after-sales support with AutoDirect.ie - e.g. have you had to use the warranty, if so, how did you find it?

Also, is there any way to verify the AA 101 point checklist they provide is valid? Suppose if you're being cautious you could always get the AA to do another one for you before making final payment?

The car I'm after is very hard to find in Ireland given I want it (Skoda Superb) in automatic and high-end spec (09 or 10) so I'm toying with the idea of going through AutoDirect.ie (lot of work travel means going to UK myself is not an option).

Emailed them and got a call from a guy in the UK but had to drop off for a meeting. Rang their number and got through to a call center (judging by the number of similar conversations I could hear in the background). Agent had a Cork accent (as did others in the background) and had to ask what region I was in so they probably manage Ireland and UK as one call center (no issue for me, you gotta design operations for efficiency).

So, positive to see a couple of decent experiences with sales though it all does sit a bit uneasy with me so it'd need to be a sizeable saving to make me go for it, and it'd be great to hear genuine customer experience of the after-sales support.

I bought a car from these guys - very happy with the price and spec compared to what it would have cost going through a dealer here

However I had a minor warranty issue post sale. While it didn't prevent me from driving the car it should have been sorted fairly quickly. Instead it took nearly 2 months and threatening to take the matter further to get it resolved

They're phone numbers are constantley answered by a messaging service and they don't appear to return non sales related calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

I just browsed a little.. And something got to me..
    http://www.autodirect.ie/opel-astra/08d37579pd.aspx
    Showing the threads on the tyres are all good.. but not really professional having different types though, is it? Spot the odd one out? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Armour

My girlfriend bought a car from AutoDirect.ie a few months ago.

When buying it we where told it had a chain timing belt - it did not. This has to be changed after only having the car 4.5 months. Also the front wheel bearing is knackered... we just got the car serviced only to discover all this.

According to the warranty both these items are covered. But AutoDirect.ie appear to have to no intention of honoring the warranty provided by the company.

The customer after sales service is beyond bad. Apparently customers are stupid for thinking a warranty actual covers anything and for believing any information supplied by the owner of the company who we dealt with.

I'd high recommend avoiding this company with a barge poll & buying your car of a proper garage - or of a private buyer as you'd have more come back and after sales!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Armour wrote: »
    My girlfriend bought a car from AutoDirect.ie a few months ago.

When buying it we where told it had a chain timing belt - it did not. This has to be changed after only having the car 4.5 months. Also the front wheel bearing is knackered... we just got the car serviced only to discover all this.

According to the warranty both these items are covered. But AutoDirect.ie appear to have to no intention of honoring the warranty provided by the company.

The customer after sales service is beyond bad. Apparently customers are stupid for thinking a warranty actual covers anything and for believing any information supplied by the owner of the company who we dealt with.

I'd high recommend avoiding this company with a barge poll & buying your car of a proper garage - or of a private buyer as you'd have more come back and after sales!!!

It would be unusual for any dealer to warranty standard service items like a timing belt. As far as I know autodirect.ie provide an AA report and a history report on the cars, did the report not cover the next timing belt change?
    Wheel bearings do wear out, it might have been grand when you bought the car. 4.5 months of driving may have broke it.
    You would have the same warranty in a 'proper' garage, the laws covering them are the same. Actually you might have only gotten a 3 month engine and gearbox off a dealer.

BTW What kind of car is it?

Advertisement