Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone seen/used this site before?

• 07-07-2010 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Has anyone seen/used this site before?
    http://www.autodirect.ie/
    Not sure if its new or what but my OH has herself all worked up to buy a TT and saw this one
    http://www.autodirect.ie/audi-tt/06ke2982pd.aspx

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with them before and is there any haggling on the price quoted online?

Also alternative TT suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Brand new - just opened down in Toughers biz park. Can't comment on their service as they're brand new but I've spoken with the chap that runs it and he seems sound.

Interesting concept!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Looks really thought of. Best of luck to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Website has an almost identical layout to the UK based side autoquake site.

20k is an awful lot of money to pay for a mk1 audi TT roadster considering they are out since 99. Its only the 180bhp version as well with half leather. I would be looking for the 225bhp version for less money.

BTW I was looking at an audi TTs about two years ago. Make sure the haldex oil and filter is changed every 20k and 40k respectively other wise the rear axel is in danger of premature mechanical failure.

Audi ireland also dont do warrenty work on the dash pod issue (I emailed them about it) Audi GB do though. its a 1000euro job to get done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Is that one definatley a quattro as there were some 2wd models towards the end of the MK1. Don't see a quattro badge on the back or the grille that I'd expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Motorcheck

We're providing a history check to them for every car that goes through. From dealing with the MD there I can tell you they're passionate about delivering quality cars at 'supermarket' prices. If there's a car on there that you like at the right price - I wouldn't hesitate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

My god...car sales sites springing out of the woodwork lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

website looks very similar to autoquake.com doesn't it?

nogoodnamesleft said it already lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Mc Love wrote: »
    Looks really thought of.

WTF. Whoever thought you to talk should be shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Website has an almost identical layout to the UK based side autoquake site.

20k is an awful lot of money to pay for a mk1 audi TT roadster considering they are out since 99. Its only the 180bhp version as well with half leather. I would be looking for the 225bhp version for less money.

BTW I was looking at an audi TTs about two years ago. Make sure the haldex oil and filter is changed every 20k and 40k respectively other wise the rear axel is in danger of premature mechanical failure.

Audi ireland also dont do warrenty work on the dash pod issue (I emailed them about it) Audi GB do though. its a 1000euro job to get done.

deffo bring a good vag mechainc also... because they are a great car, but irish drivers... aren't... so... great.

alot have seen the wrong side of the road sideways... or as the one i seen abotu a year ago... the far side of the dual carrigeway.

they are prone to crashes and can be treated like a dog ( if its not f***** now, drive it till it is ! )

Buyers beware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

WTF. Whoever thought you to talk should be shot.

Did you mean "taught"? Either way, please don't post crap like that here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

http://www.autodirect.ie/bmw-x5/07d51950pd.aspx

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1398730

LOL, I know it's probably a once off, but still!

I personally wouldn't buy something off it, call me old school but I like to see and drive a car before I buy...

Nothing great about their prices, can't see enough folks buying cars like that for them to last.

"AA Rescue Plus Cover" is not a warranty, and you can't trade your car in. Not for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

They have to be affiliated with Autoquake, the backend of the website is identical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AutoDirect.ie

Hi guys, great to see people talking about us!

We know it's a new concept, and might take a bit of reading on the website, but all great new innovations do :D

Just to clarify a few things;
    • All AutoDirect.ie cars come with free six months' warranty (and very competitively-priced extended warranty).
    • All AutoDirect.ie cars are subject to an extensive 101 Point AA Autocheck which you can view before you buy, and given a full service and valet. So really we've brought the mechanic to the car for you!
    • We would certainly like to see a car before we buy too, so that's the beauty of the concept - you place a 100% refundable €99 deposit to secure the car (no wasted journeys) and pop down/up to us in Naas to test drive and view your car. Decide against it? No problem, get your €99 back. Decide to buy? Great, lets go through the paperwork. And don't forget, there's a seven day money back guarantee for that extra reassurance. Golf clubs don't fit or OH giving you a hard time about the colour, no worries, drop it back!
    • We use cutting-edge technology to measure our prices against those of all the car websites and forecourts in Ireland to ensure we're cheaper. We won't always get it 100% perfect, but bear with us, there are lots of other great deals on our site!
    That's it from us, we're logging off, if you've any more queries we can help you with just drop us a line on info@autodirect.ie, or check out the videos on our website, www.autodirect.ie, it's a little easier when a beautiful woman explains it :D

Thanks for your interest!

Kind regards,

The AutoDirect.ie Team

I think that 7 day money back thing will be your demise, or at least contribute to it!

What happened to saving money on the "showrooms" and "salesmen"... Lol, if ye have ye're cars in Naas, surely they're stored some where? And surely the customer doesn't just come along, take the keys and decide for themselves with no input from ye, ie. having a salesperson?

Best of luck with the venture, great to see new idea's (or UK influenced) out there!

Im curious as to where the stock is coming from? Most of the vehicles appear to be Irish cars judging by the kph as opposed to mph speedos.

Some of the highend stuff there in my opinion looks to have been the stock the banks have been stockpiling and are slowly releasing to market (as not to flood the market with used cars). Ive heard that the banks are giving dealers (traders) first refusal on what they have (i.e. the best stock).

Again my own opinion the Nissan micras that they have scream of ex hire cars e.g. 2009 micra with 20k miles on the clock!

http://www.autodirect.ie/nissan-micra/09d16800pd.aspx

or a 2010 with 10k

http://www.autodirect.ie/nissan-micra/10d9231pd.aspx

We use cutting-edge technology to measure our prices against those of all the car websites and forecourts in Ireland to ensure we're cheaper.

Are the autodirect prices negotiable at all ?

Im curious as to where the stock is coming from? Most of the vehicles appear to be Irish cars judging by the kph as opposed to mph speedos.

Some of the highend stuff there in my opinion looks to have been the stock the banks have been stockpiling and are slowly releasing to market (as not to flood the market with used cars). Ive heard that the banks are giving dealers (traders) first refusal on what they have (i.e. the best stock).

Again my own opinion the Nissan micras that they have scream of ex hire cars e.g. 2009 micra with 20k miles on the clock!

That seems to be the case alright.
    AutoDirect.ie is Ireland's first online car retailer - a cutting-edge e-commerce solution to the common industry problem of how to dispose of stock. Currently, most finance houses and fleeting or rental companies only have one route to market; the car auction.

Vehicles sold through auction are often sold for a low price, and in many cases are bold and remarketed for a profit by car dealers! The only people losing out in this scenario are Ireland's de-fleeters.

AutoDirect.ie seeks to rectify this by offering a far more efficient disposal process, whereby you can communicate your stock quickly, efficiently and cheaply to the marketplace and achieve a higher price for your asset

Good to see that there is a warranty (the site should maybe make this clearer on the key benefits page), but it still just seems like just another dealer to me, without the benefit of being able to trade in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I do like the website, great detail on the cars, even if it is an outrageous piece of plagiarism.

• Advertisement

Having a quick look through the stock, it all looks to me like stuff that wouldn't sell through an auction for decent prices, so they are trying another way.

Usually auction was the last port of call for the cr@p that wouldn't sell any other way, but it looks like there is now a new "last resort".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Username..

Wow, Autodirect.ie seems to have hit a lot of trader’s nerves.

This is just like the intro of Ryanair to the monopoly of AerLingus and Halifax to our leech banking trio, afraid of competition?

This negativity must be a delight to this new venture.

Personally, I am not afraid of buying online, like laptops, clothes, holidays and now my car.

The days of "chewing the cud" with the "Dell boys" on the car lots are gone.

I would love the Audi TT but am going for a Nissan, did all my homework and it's the best price. Simple & easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Benny Kerry

The different stock on this web site looks fine to me, but then again, I am not an expert on cr@p like some.

I am happy to see some competition to the Traders/Dealers who have ripped us off for years.

I have bought the odd car in England/N.I. (for personal use – I am NOT in the trade) after seeing them on Auto Trader or other online web site etc.

Think about it, see it on the web, do the research, compare like with like, call/visit, test the car, make your mind up, buy or not. Plus the benefits that Eoin mentioned earlier.

I recognise it may be not be for everybody but I’d be prepared to give it a go. I happily buy a lot of stuff online so I have no fears.

Benny

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Username.. wrote: »
    Wow, Autodirect.ie seems to have hit a lot of trader’s nerves. This is just like the intro of Ryanair to the monopoly of AerLingus and Halifax to our leech banking trio, afraid of competition? This negativity must be a delight to this new venture. Personally, I am not afraid of buying online, like laptops, clothes, holidays and now my car. The days of "chewing the cud" with the "Dell boys" on the car lots are gone. I would love the Audi TT but am going for a Nissan, did all my homework and it's the best price. Simple & easy!

Why dont you post under your other username, autodirect.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Username..

Why dont you post under your other username, autodirect.ie

Sorry, should have mentioned earlier, I am not in the trade or even Autodirect.ie – I should have allowed for some people's paranoia. :p

Wow, Autodirect.ie seems to have hit a lot of trader’s nerves.

What trader's have you / they annoyed here :confused:
    As suggested by another poster to anyone with a slightly untrusting nature it would seem you are a representative of Autodirect.ie so anyone reading this thread would think Autodirect.ie are a pack of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (regular readers know what my fav term is)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Sorry, should have mentioned earlier, I am not in the trade or even Autodirect.ie – I should have allowed for some people's paranoia. :p

Hmm ya i suppose the fact that you just signed up it was your first post, post in one thread and promote the concept of an unknown business isnt a tad strange. Apologies being paranoid:rolleyes:

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Seven day money back guarantee and they deliver?

Looks like a great site for cheap car hire ;)

• Advertisement

R.O.R wrote: »
    Having a quick look through the stock, it all looks to me like stuff that wouldn't sell through an auction for decent prices, so they are trying another way.

Usually auction was the last port of call for the cr@p that wouldn't sell any other way, but it looks like there is now a new "last resort".

Looks like a liquidation firm to me anyways. You would be surprised what you would find out on the web :p

WHO IS:

domain: autodirect.ie
    descr: Lyceum Holdings Limited
    descr: Body Corporate (Ltd,PLC,Company)
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: AKA154-IEDR
    tech-c: ABG704-IEDR
    renewal: 16-October-2010
    nserver: ns5.dnsireland.com
    nserver: ns6.dnsireland.com
    nserver: ns7.dnsireland.ie
    source: IEDR

person: Anthony Gaffney
    nic-hdl: AKA154-IEDR

person: Lets Host Domain Services
    nic-hdl: ABG704-IEDR

CRO has them listed in Galway

http://www.cro.ie/search/CompanyDetails.aspx?id=441296&type=C

Type Company
    Number 441296
    Name LYCEUM HOLDINGS LIMITED
    Address 1ST.FLOOR, BLOCK 2, BALLYMALEY BUSINESS PARK
    GALWAY ROAD, ENNIS, CO. CLARE

Registered 14/06/2007
    Status Normal

Effective date: 14/06/2007
    Last AR Date 14/12/2009
    Next AR Date 14/12/2010
    Last Accounts to Date 31/03/2009

T-internet is a powerful thing, if you're not careful.

Ah lads, will ya give them a chance!

It's a new business, it's a new concept for Ireland, it's different to the norm - so what? Fair play to him for giving it a go! Ok so two new users signed up to give it a plug - big deal!

Motorcheck / Benchmark is well respected in the trade and have obviously spoken with them and understand what they're trying to do, and have recommended them accordingly in this thread. Why not give a little support for someone who has the balls to try something new in these challenging times as opposed to picking holes in his product?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Motorcheck / Benchmark is well respected in the trade and have obviously spoken with them and understand what they're trying to do, and have recommended them accordingly in this thread.

A few brown envelopes! :P

Ah in fairness, they deserve a shot like everyone else does. I just wouldn't be too keen on it, after reading into it.

A few brown envelopes! :P

Ah in fairness, they deserve a shot like everyone else does. I just wouldn't be too keen on it, after reading into it.

I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't, myself included - but then there's those that would. I don't think they're going to be any threat to salespersons jobs on a national scale either (not that you said they were)! To be fair they've gone to a lot of trouble on the site to explain and reassure, I don't see it as a Mickey Mouse operation, how much would it have cost to get Sile Seoige to do the intro vid?

A lot of people picking holes and trying to find fault and in some cases suggesting improper practices here - I think they deserve the chance and maybe some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism!

Fair play Autodirect for trying something different and best of luck!

A lot of people picking holes and trying to find fault and in some cases suggesting improper practices here - I think they deserve the chance and maybe some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism!

Welcome to the lions den that is boards.ie!

I've NOTHING against them, I'll give them as good a chance as anyone and I wish them the best of luck!

• Advertisement

Fair play Autodirect for trying something different and best of luck!

Indeed - Fair play to them, and the best of luck in the world, but it's the way it's all presented that galls me slightly.

They presented it as "We are cutting out the middle man and bringing you quality ex. fleet cars direct", whereas it's actually "We are bringing you the stuff that the fleet companies can't sell themselves, without taking a huge bath on".

I suppose if they put it the second way, it's not to going to entice many people to buy though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CUSHAMILLION

Anyone check out how to pay for yourt car ? Check it out under their faqs section...IF YOU PAY BY CASH THEY WILL CHARGE YOU 2.9%...Somebody stop me laughing..IS CASH NO LONGER KING ? What a shower of cowboys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Cars&cars

PFA auto were using Autoquakes photos of cars on that round turn table thing in silver in their adverts (without permission allegedly, possiblily haha wink wink)

Autoquake got wind of it, so decided there is something in this, lets look into it

Hey presto they set up there own operation in Ireland.

The concept isnt that new!

Its Autoquake just in Ireland!

best thing to do is look at autoquake for the price, and cut out the middle man allllllltogether!

I still think the average Irish punter still wants to go around and kick a few tyres - im not sure its the same mass shopping online mentality as in the UK, the population is just on a different scale and the culture is just slightly different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

lads,

i do know gaff personally and fair play to him. this is what capitalism is all about, taking an idea that worked and transplanting it somewhere else. he has always been a bit of an entrapeur. hell how many people at 27-28 can say they own a car dealing company. it might be a copy of somthing in the uk but was microsoft not an impoved copy of apple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

allibastor wrote: »
    lads,

i do know gaff personally and fair play to him. this is what capitalism is all about, taking an idea that worked and transplanting it somewhere else. he has always been a bit of an entrapeur.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

hell how many people at 27-28 can say they own a car dealing company.

Quite a lot could but probably wouldnt admit it to the tax man.:)
    Anan1 wrote: »
    :D

Is it french for hunter?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Went to their website just now to look at their prices, they don't have a single Merc. (any model), the only Golf is a single Golf Plus, there's only one 3-series BMW and there isn't a single Toyota Corolla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

coylemj wrote: »
    there isn't a single Toyota Corolla.

My kind of site.

excellent input lads, really top notch.

and yes how many guys that age can boast a tax comliant dealership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

excellent input lads, really top notch.

and yes how many guys that age can boast a tax comliant dealership

Has the VRT been paid on any of them? The cars I looked at are all on UK plates.

as far as i know they come from companies like merrion fleet and sheridan fleet. i am sure they have uk cars also but i have also been in the showroom and all cars there were irish reg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Pay a deposit to have a look at a car I might be interested in? I don't think so.

i agree that this is a stupid and pointless aspect of the site. i also doubt they would have sold the car in the time it would take for a person to drive over to look at it. i never said it was perfect, just fair play for having set it up

Trying too hard.;)

Trying too hard.;)

how do you mean?

• Advertisement
Advertisement