Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boards photo forum 24 hour magazine - ** Last Chance Saloon **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

We're very close guys.

It's looking quite stunning imho. Some cracking photography / projects in there too. And all in 24 hours. Wow!

Too bad you guys are all mostly asleep at this stage :D

Link will be up before Chorcai gets to bed - hopefully not too long to go.

:)

holy muck but we nearly forgot a copyright notice - doh!

(well spotted chris)

wooooooo hoooooooo (I wish someone was listening)

presently being squeezed, squashed, uploaded and processed.

linkey very shortly......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    wooooooo hoooooooo (I wish someone was listening)
    Does this count? :D

/waits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

I'm here waiting too... no pressure! :D

stoopid slow internet......

tap.... tap..... tap......

/ randomly clicks mouse

78 bleedin % - gah !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

im all bleary eyed and wrecked but thoroughly looking forward to seeing how it all went and impressed its was done on schedule, well done all involved!
    cant wait for the link :)

78 bleedin % - gah !!!!

If it's any consolation, it'll take ages for me to download it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Yes folks its up for viewing, 30mins over the dead line sorry about that !

From front cover to back total of 107 pages.

1 article, 3 large projects and lots of photos submitted. 4/5/6 photos got a page with thumb nails then each photo got a page like the rest, if you click on a link it opens to that site.

I hope ye enjoy it. Share it around !

http://issuu.com/boards-24hourmagazine/docs/boards-247magazine

Thanks for letting me design this.

I also forgot to add my own image lol

so here it is,

My Work !
    A76279596D724EFB9F67564FC1BFC9E0-800.jpg

A hearty congratulations to everyone... Absolutely awesome publication.

Chris - I can't attempt to elaborate on the work that you've put in to this. Suffice to say that you have been dedicated beyond what anyone could have reasonably expected. Thank you sincerely.

For everyone viewing the link - I recommend to hit the "full screen" button when it loads and enjoy..

Thanks again everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Its really well done, the presentation of images is spot on and the photos look fantastic!

Just through it :) Very impressed, came out quite well, and WOO I'm the second image! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Tommy, well done for getting this started.
    Chris, fantastic job at putting it together.

It's fantastic, having done SoFoBoMo recently I got a glimpse of what it was like to work under time pressure, but nothing like what was done with the 24/7 project, really well done take a bow all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vanesa7

Very good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

Well done folks, both the behind the scenes workers and the photographers, it looks really well with some great work included.

For various reasons my camera never got out of the bag yesterday, boy am I sorry now I didn't make a bigger effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Grr can't view it on my phone, can't wait to see it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Just saw the mag - wow. Just wow. Some really brilliant images and projects up there. I'm glad I made the effort now to take the camera out, but it pales into the distance when you look at the work put into the projects.

As for Chorcai and An Cat Dubh. Its a stunning presentation.

A hearty congratulations to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Well done to all involved! And all who contributed...

I look forward to more of these, And I also look forward to taking a photo specific to the theme!

Also, for iPhone owners there is an issuu app in development! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Markham

Well done Chorcai and An Cat Dubh, the mag looks fantastic.

Embarrassed and honoured to have produced the cover image - thanks guys. I'm a bit of a lurker on here but I think you'll be hearing more from me from now on.

Great project, some stunning contributions inside, folks.

Well done all, delighted to be featured amongst you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 faduda

Chorcai wrote: »
    Yes folks its up for viewing, 30mins over the dead line sorry about that !

From front cover to back total of 107 pages.

1 article, 3 large projects and lots of photos submitted. 4/5/6 photos got a page with thumb nails then each photo got a page like the rest, if you click on a link it opens to that site.

I hope ye enjoy it. Share it around !

Thanks for letting me design this.

Excellent work. I've never used issuu before, is there some setting I'm missing that would allow me to download the PDF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Wow, what a result!

Thanks a millon to AnCatDubh for driving the project and to Chorcai for work above and beyond the call of duty in designing it. You should both be very proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

well done everyone - great piece of work delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cian_s_obrien

Absolutely great, well done. I'm glad I spent the time spinning around the City and County trying to get something. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I liked the start but by the middle and the end there were too many similar pictures from too few photographers.
    But enough of a springboard to really anticipate a vol II.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Looks the mutt's nuts! Well done to the publishers, and all who contributed :) - Delighted I got a few in there, it was like a mini mission to capture something on what was one of the blandest days ever! I think it's great that it's not all flowers and landscape.

I can't download it though, even after registering. Is it possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,396 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Looks great, congrats on putting it all together Chorcai and AnCatDubh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Just had a quick flick through, looks absolutely brilliant folks. Well done to one and all, ill get a chance to give it the time it deserves later.

KKV, I like your diary of the day :) - Gives a good idea of the pressure to photograph ... something! Within a tight time-frame. Nice. I haven't read the other articles yet, will do once I've woken up a bit more.

• Advertisement

faduda wrote: »
    Excellent work. I've never used issuu before, is there some setting I'm missing that would allow me to download the PDF?

Can't download it yet, this is due to a tech reason but it will soon be sorted.
    Markham wrote: »
    Well done Chorcai and An Cat Dubh, the mag looks fantastic.

Embarrassed and honoured to have produced the cover image - thanks guys. I'm a bit of a lurker on here but I think you'll be hearing more from me from now on.

Great project, some stunning contributions inside, folks.

Well done all, delighted to be featured amongst you.

Very fitting image I think !
    Looks the mutt's nuts! Well done to the publishers, and all who contributed :) - Delighted I got a few in there, it was like a mini mission to capture something on what was one of the blandest days ever! I think it's great that it's not all flowers and landscape.

I can't download it though, even after registering. Is it possible?

Can't download it yet, this is due to a tech reason but it will soon be sorted.

No images were cropped bar the front cover and some of the project thumbnails, this is why there is a bit or a lot of space around the images, also at some stage it might get printed. Thinking of costs, this also was a factor in the layout (A4).

I hope everyone is happy how their images are displayed.

The cover is a bit poor IMO, I feel it doesn't look like a magazine cover, next time though.

Please let me know if there are any problems with your details I can update it if needed.

Thanks again to all those involed ! t'was awsome doing this.

edit: Please hit the rate button :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Well guys, hats off to ye!

I think it is put together very well, the difference between each persons articles and photos keeps it interesting. Look forward to the next installment!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

Fantastic work lads, this was a great project!! Only sorry that I didn't get to contribute.

I really hope that this will run again, maybe even to document a photwalk, or event or whatever. the 24hours is good too!!

Again, well done to all concerned, and especially it seems ACD and Chorcai!

Just getting online now. Came out looking excellent, in my opinion! A credit to ACD and Chorcaì!

Some amazing photographs in there. I agree with an above sentiment that a lot of images are similar (though I can hardly complain because pretty mcuh every photo i've taken is a copy of the one before it), For a 24 Hour magazine, with over 100 pages and around what, 15 photographers?... I think that it came out extremely well, to be honest.

Definitely a potential Volume II in there.

Cagey, thank you very much. I appreciate that.

I do have a question though - Where the fcuk were boat and kjt?! They look like they're in deserts and rainforests. What part of the country is that!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Very well done guys, some great photos in there and the mag looks pretty good for such a short production time.

I'm not mad on the glossy "mag" effect that's on the pages near the spine. Really off putting imo. Not sure if it's the site that adds that....

Jim wrote: »
    Very well done guys, some great photos in there and the mag looks pretty good for such a short production time.

I'm not mad on the glossy "mag" effect that's on the pages near the spine. Really off putting imo. Not sure if it's the site that adds that....

if you hit fullscreen mode it gets rid of it (slightly) the website adds the effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Chorcai wrote: »
    if you hit fullscreen mode it gets rid of it (slightly) the website adds the effect.
    And there was much rejoicing \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

The Mag looks fantastic total credit to ACD and Chorcai and all the others who where involved in the background and to all those who got to take a photo and get it in, well done!

BTW I took a photo for the mag but I couldn't get to send it in, Grrrrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

I do have a question though - Where the fcuk were boat and kjt?! They look like they're in deserts and rainforests. What part of the country is that!?

Ha! We were in County Wicklow! Up near Glencree (I think!)

Just to echo what's already been said: very well done to Chris and Tommy for an amazing job. And to everyone who took part. The magazine looks brilliant. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nebezpeci Mys

Well done to all involved...just looked through the magazine and it's amazing! My hat off to you all! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

very impressive, well done everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I got about 4seconds to check the magazine this morning before running out of the house. Finally got to see it now in all it's glory. It looks brilliant. Fair play to everybody who took part and a huge thanks to Tommy & Chris. You sure put in a lot of work!!

Thanks and looking forward to the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

Thanks to all involved, especially Tommy and the crew - an excellent effort and an excellent result. Thanks for letting me be part of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Nice job all!

Really Impressed

Wow! Awesome feedback folks. I'm so glad that you all like it. The twitter, facebook, and blog love that i've stumbled upon is really amazing. Thank you.

In order to keep the work alive (for a little while at least) and for it to continue to be viewed there are a couple of no cost practical things you can do to help (which would be simply great) -

a) tweet about it
    b) blog about it
    c) facebook about it
    e) email about it
    f) put a reference in your boards sig (or other forums assuming you are allowed to do so)
    g) tell people about it (yes remember when you used your voice to talk to people ;))

The url to pass on:

We're already in the "highest ranking" section of issuu with more than 5,000 page views today (which i don't know what it means but it sounds better than being in the "biggest loser" section :p)

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

wow - really impressive guys!!! big thanks to everyone for putting so much work into it - specially chorcai + ACD, who i assume had a decent lie in at some stage today, yeah?! it looks fab though, i'm well proud of yez all!!

was raging how my plans fell to sh!t at the last minute, is this too early to suggest there might be an issue #2....? :D

Wow! Awesome feedback folks. I'm so glad that you all like it. The twitter, facebook, and blog love that i've stumbled upon is really amazing. Thank you.

In order to keep the work alive (for a little while at least) and for it to continue to be viewed there are a couple of no cost practical things you can do to help (which would be simply great) -

a) tweet about it
    b) blog about it
    c) facebook about it
    e) email about it
    f) put a reference in your boards sig (or other forums assuming you are allowed to do so)
    g) tell people about it (yes remember when you used your voice to talk to people ;))

The url to pass on:

We're already in the "highest ranking" section of issuu with more than 5,000 page views today (which i don't know what it means but it sounds better than being in the "biggest loser" section :p)

Thanks again.

I've whored it on facebook and around the few forums I frequent :)

A welsh guy, from a games forum, posted that he would buy it if it was to be printed ... there ya go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Wow, brilliant ! Well done to all. I particularly liked Dakar and The_Tractor's contributions, real interesting all around.
    So is it weekly or fortnightly now ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Congrats to all involved - a fantastic piece of work :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Only had a proper looksie now as internet at home is too fecking slow. I am well impressed by the result, and kudos to all of you involved, as every little or big contribution has led to the same result.

Fair play to you all lads & lassies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement