Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being stalked, kinda.

Options
  • 01-07-2010 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

I don't want to be overly descriptive here, as he might be reading... I was sitting in a waiting room last week, things were moving slowly - so I was chatting to some random guy while I waited to be called. He seemed friendly enough - Said he was new in town and didn't really know anyone yet. So being the friendly dlofnep that I am, I invited him along for a few pints with some of my friends.

That's when everything started to get weird. He started randomly putting his head in his hands, ripping at his hair for no apparent reason. He kept getting paranoid about everything. I just figured it was a bad day. I wish I could go in into detail to the weird stuff he was saying, but I'm genuinely weary incase he reads this thread. Let's just say, he's as crazy as codshít.

He asked me to text him the next time we were heading out for pints. I was a bit hesitant - and didn't have my phone with me, so I said to text his number onto me and I'd save it. Terrible move!!!!

Ever since then, he has been ringing me and texting me everyday. I haven't answered the phone. It's getting to the point where he's having conversations with himself through text messages.

For example, he will text me asking how I am - I don't respond, but he sends me another text saying "I'm doing great, thanks!" - as if I had actually responded to his text. It's getting really freaky. He rang me at 4am the other night, texting me straight afterwards saying that some girl is annoying him with random texts, and that it's getting on his nerves. Why would I care - I barely knew the guy from 20 minutes! Why text send me annoying texts, about someone sending you annoying texts?

I dunno what to do with this guy. I'm genuinely a friendly person, probably too friendly. I hate being an arsehole to people - but I need to seriously cut ties with this guy. He knows where my local pub is, and will definately pop in. I can see this all going downhill from here..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

kick him in the face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Kill Him!!!

Or just tell him to Fupp Off

no, but being serious....

KICK HIM IN THE FACE

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

Say you'll meet him. Wear tight pants and put a sock down them. If that dont scare him off your f*cked!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Time to change number. For the sake of a tenner for a new number, it is the qickest route to finding peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Tell him you have tickets to the next Jedward/ Crystal Swing concert ( I use the word concert in the loosest way possible)

If that doesn't shake him off your back then it's time for the men in the white coats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

If he's constantly ringing you the whole time, just text him and say "please stop calling me". He sounds like a right freak tbh. Otherwise just ignore the calls and hope he just gives up ringing you!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

WHT WON'T YOU ANSWER MY TEXTS!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Change your number - get them to copy the SIM so you dont have to go around like an eejit getting all your friends numbers. Seriously. Then if you see him just ignore or avoid. Hopefully he'll latch onto someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

dlofnep wrote: »
    I don't want to be overly descriptive here, as he might be reading... I was sitting in a waiting room last week, things were moving slowly - so I was chatting to some random guy while I waited to be called.

That's the problem with meeting people at the STD clinic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

Invite him again for drinks with your friends, and introduce 1 of your male friend to him as your Boy friend.
    That should stop him harassing you, if not change the number.

Change number, get local scummers to threaten him in the pub, sorted. He'll fear looking for you and he can have his little self-text conversations without annoying you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I've had the same number for 11 years. My f*ck am I changing it now. As for kicking him, he looks like the kind of guy that would burn your house down in revenge. need alternative strategies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

That's the problem with meeting people at the STD clinic.

Speaking from experience?

dlofnep wrote: »
    I've had the same number for 11 years. My f*ck am I changing it now. As for kicking him, he looks like the kind of guy that would burn your house down in revenge. need alternative strategies!
    Gardi? Report as nuisance calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Have you said it to him yet that he's being a bit full on and it's weirding you out a bit? I'd say that's the first step to take. Don't be too mean, but make sure he gets the point that you find his behaviour odd.

tell him you're riddled with aids!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Respond in another language and pretend you don't have English. He'll be very confused and won't want to have anything to do with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'm doing great thanks! So we still on for beers sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I wanna be stalked... I'm bored, no fair you get to have all the fun! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Flojo wrote: »

Careful what you wish for!

Been stalked before three times.
    Believe me - its NO fun. :(

Larianne wrote: »
    Careful what you wish for!

I'm stuck down the midlands... how much worse could it get? :p

Biggins wrote: »
    Been stalked before three times.
    Believe me - its NO fun. :(

Ouch.. I was only pulling the piss really! Would be funny to have someone to text random ****e back to like. Any funny stories you'd like to share?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

I'm stuck down the midlands... how much worse could it get?

You could be stalked by someone from the midlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm stuck down the midlands... how much worse could it get? :p

Antrim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

OP, why do you think he reads boards?

Pittens wrote: »
    You could be stalked by someone from the midlands.

Good point.. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Ask him out. Or ask him if he'd like to go with you to a gangbang.

Then again, that could turn pretty awkward if he agrees..

• Advertisement

Antrim

Hehe never been so I can't slag :(

Advertisement