Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCG's new paint scheme for S-92. Taken from another site.

Options
  • 21-06-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

30078_129887437039278_100000540666841_260665_6637791_n.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Performance wise she is probably very good if not excellent but she is one ugly looking birdie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Steyr wrote: »
    Performance wise she is probably very good if not excellent but she is one ugly looking birdie.

And when i saw that, i thought "oooohhh that's purdy"

I like the S-92..... I think you'll always be a Sea King boy at heart Steyr!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Klunk001

It looks like blachawk on steroids :D

gatecrash wrote: »
    And when i saw that, i thought "oooohhh that's purdy"

I like the S-92..... I think you'll always be a Sea King boy at heart Steyr!! :)

Close but i prefer a Pavehawk myself.

OK then, a Pavehawk on steroids.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Steyr wrote: »

The S-61N that these will replace never won any beauty contests either! In any case the most important thing is the major leap forward in capability and especially safety margins that the S-92 will provide, compared to the S-61.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

Will the state own the new Helicopters or will CHC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Same story as the s-61s i'd say owned by chc, aren't they only getting 5, instead of the current 6. I like the look of them, whats the story with float-ability on th s-92

Floats will be fitted to all heli's, if you look closely underneath the cockpit window you will see where one set will be, another set will be fitted to the sponsons I would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

How does the s-92 compare to the Seahawk ( as used by US Coast Guard ) ?

• Advertisement

EchoIndia wrote: »
    In any case the most important thing is the major leap forward in capability and especially safety margins that the S-92 will provide, compared to the S-61.

Which is pretty much what i said in my quote that you quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

I think she is a lovely aircraft, anyone know when we are likely to see them here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Just wondering if the reason they are taking so long with redoing the helipad at UCHG is that the S-92's max weight is about 6000lb more than the S-61. I know that the pad was damaged during the cold snap, but maybe they are killing two birds with one stone as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

I presume CHC are paying for all the crews type ratings on the 92's?Anyone know if it is still all the same crew or if there are going to be a few positions opening up?(wishful thinking)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭donkey balls

electric69 wrote: »
    I presume CHC are paying for all the crews type ratings on the 92's?Anyone know if it is still all the same crew or if there are going to be a few positions opening up?(wishful thinking)

i would say like most airlines the current crew will be type rated on the new machines with a possible bond in place for five years.

Advertisement